Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Conor McGregor/WWE Thread

• 20-04-2016 1:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

Personally I think he's angling for more money from UFC. Be mad If he did turn up on WWE.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

No chance this will happen. Conor will be back to the UFC within 12 months,no question.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,102 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Roman would batter him.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,240 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Personally I think he's angling for more money from UFC. Be mad If he did turn up on WWE.

I reckon he got a fright seen the fellow killed in the fight the other day. In sports with an element of risk having that fear is career ending as you hold back and often suffer as a result. The misses has probably being onto him too. What is his goal ? To make money , he's got plenty from the UFC and can make loads more doing promotions , movies and WWE. He has nothing to gain by staying in the UFC.
    Is there any Olympic sport that he enter?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

Why would he go to a fake fighting setup ?

Because he gets paid well and wont get killed or suffer brain damage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

$$$$$$$$$$$$$

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭tvercetti

I've always kinda thought it was inevitable he will end up in WWE at some point down the line in some capacity. Rousey too for that matter. But can't see it happening anytime soon. Dana and him will kiss and make up!

It's not in his nature, he likes the game too much, WWE is a joke ..

He's got the fear, he can't put 100% into it as watching your man get killed will be at the back of his mind.
    If you got the fear you'll hold back for hitting your opennetts hard and lose time thinking so you'll get hit

• Registered Users Posts: 4,507 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

I full expect Conor to show up in the WWE at some stage but not now. He'll try and get as much cash as he can from the UFC in the next few years and I expect him to show up in the WWE in 3/4 years time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,274 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Conor off to Hollywood to be the next B/Z-Movie action star would be my guess.

Conor off to Hollywood to be the next B/Z-Movie action star would be my guess.
    a Jason Stratham type :p?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭JustShon

Nah, rom-coms, he'll be in the next Bridget Jones movie for sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

JustShon wrote: »
    Nah, rom-coms, he'll be in the next Bridget Jones movie for sure.

He doesn't strike me as someone that would keep a diary.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭JustShon

He doesn't strike me as someone that would keep a diary.

It'll be Bridget Jones's Title Belt. The young timid blonde decides to take up MMA and while at first she's put off by the rough-looking, tattooed trainer she signs up with, soon she finds herself overcome by his charms.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Pro wrestling training is no joke. Chael Sonnen did it in WCW's Power Plant and is on record as saying it was much harder than he thought it would be.

That is not to say McGregor couldn't do it - he's in fantastic shape so physically speaking there would be no issue - but unless he had a passion for it then I can't imagine why he would subject himself to 6 months of taking bumps and learning the psychology of the process.

Rousey has a well-documented interest so her doing it in a few years, perhaps as a one-off match at Mania, wouldn't shock me. But I'm not sure McGregor has enough of an interest to warrant going through the training for it.

I personally think McGregor will be at the MSG show later in the year.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Registered Users Posts: 28,786 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

But The Game is in WWE.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,507 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

Would he actually be suited to WWE now a days...everything would be scripted for him and brought to PG content...I mean it sounds great but it'd probably just turn into a big let down.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

He does seem like a genuine wrestling fan like Ronda. So there is always a possibility, maybe a celebrity match at WM like Big Show vs. Mayweather.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,833 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

He would be good for WM celeb angle but think he will be back in UFC soon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Wonzy

He started following triple h, shane mcmahon and Stephanie on twitter today. Coincidence?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭from_atozinc

Pardon my ignorance, but WWE is wrestling, correct?

If so, my only observation is that every time I see it on tv, the wrestlers are completely massive, at least 6ft tall and 16 stone etc.

Never seen any light lads wrestling on the standard channels.

Where would mcgregor fit in here? He is tiny compared to the above wrestlers. There obviously is a lighter weight division in WWE, but I've never seen it on standard tv.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Wonzy

Pardon my ignorance, but WWE is wrestling, correct?

If so, my only observation is that every time I see it on tv, the wrestlers are completely massive, at least 6ft tall and 16 stone etc.

Never seen any light lads wrestling on the standard channels.

Where would mcgregor fit in here? He is tiny compared to the above wrestlers. There obviously is a lighter weight division in WWE, but I've never seen it on standard tv.

Plenty of main eventers his size, aj styles, the miz, dean ambrose, sin cara etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Ben Gadot

No thanks. At least with Brock he looks like a beast and underneath his phoned in suplex city crap, I know there's a bloke who has done some seriously impressive stuff in a wrestling ring.

I've no desire to see McGregor getting paid stacks to cut forced promos and take up space with a style that won't translate well to the modern day athleticism demanded from the roster.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭from_atozinc

Wonzy wrote: »
    Plenty of main eventers his size, aj styles, the miz, dean ambrose, sin cara etc.

Never heard of any of them : /

• Registered Users Posts: 18,202 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

McGergor's voiceover was bad enough in that drinks advert to be unintentionally funny.

I think that he would be great in WWE and would be good in Vinny Jones type roles in films. Dublin versions of course!

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Where would mcgregor fit in here?

He wouldn't be wrestling week to week, just as a special attraction in a heavily-choreographed storyline match, like Mayweather! Provided Triple H or Pat Patterson book the match, it'd be fantastic :)

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Uncle Walt

http://www.wwe.com/videos/is-conor-mcgregor-on-his-way-to-wwe?sf24732269=1

Strange of WWE to even mention someone like McGregor

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

WWE are encouraging the rumours. This is from their official channel:

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Kenny Bania

ted1 wrote: »
    Because he gets paid well and wont get killed or suffer brain damage.

Yeah, because wrestlers never get brain damage.

Advertisement