Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Conor McGregor/WWE Thread

123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭Monokne

Pentecost wrote: »
    Aside from money what does he have to gain from fighting Mayweather as a boxer? He hasn't trained as a boxer in several years and there's been no suggestion that he was considered world class then. Mayweather would make him look stupid.

Yes. Aside from the 30, 50, or 100 million dollars, the life changing money that will set his family up for generations to come, what does he have to gain?

I think there is a general naivete when it comes to how fans of sports look at athletes and this is a snapshot of that.

Conor fights for money. That's his job. That's why he'd fight Mayweather.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Is money not enough motivation? Its all publicity stunt anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

i dont think the fight will ever happen but the publicity will keep conor machince going as hes taking time off.

if it did happen it would make him an insane amount of money. if he loses he lost to one of the best ever and if he somehow won he can claim to be best fighter ever.

all of it is a win win for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

It's only a matter of time before McGregor will end up dancing with the WWE. He's all about the money now and a few weeks/months in the WWE would be easy money.

What was it Vince paid Mike Tyson? Think it was €7,000,000 and that paid for itself with a colossal boost in the Wrestlemania buyrate for WMXIV.

I'd put my house on it being entertaining as f*ck as McGregor has a charisma coming out his ears and a swagger just made for the wrasslin' business.

Must be stated that Conor will be shadowed by the giants in WWE. I've met him, and even though he is a "massive featherweight/lightweight" he is a fairly small guy. He certainly ain't a Lesnar.

I wouldn't see him mixing up with the talent anyways- the only feud which would guarantee 100% amazing would be Conor McGregor Vs Vincent K. McMahon. Battle of the grapefruits.

Yeah WWE are already courting him and Im sure they will eventually do business sometime soon.

WWE missed the boat with Rousey and Id say they don't want to miss out on any deal they could have with him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,179 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Kevin Dunn would want a 8 second delay for the live shows to beep Conor out there is no way he doesn't curse in a promo.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,082 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Kevin Dunn would want a 8 second delay for the live shows to beep Conor out there is no way he doesn't curse in a promo.

Could imagine him calling Roman a "Fúcking clown".

• Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭Monokne

ShagNastii wrote: »
    It's only a matter of time before McGregor will end up dancing with the WWE. He's all about the money now and a few weeks/months in the WWE would be easy money.

What was it Vince paid Mike Tyson? Think it was €7,000,000 and that paid for itself with a colossal boost in the Wrestlemania buyrate for WMXIV.

I'd put my house on it being entertaining as f*ck as McGregor has a charisma coming out his ears and a swagger just made for the wrasslin' business.

Must be stated that Conor will be shadowed by the giants in WWE. I've met him, and even though he is a "massive featherweight/lightweight" he is a fairly small guy. He certainly ain't a Lesnar.

I wouldn't see him mixing up with the talent anyways- the only feud which would guarantee 100% amazing would be Conor McGregor Vs Vincent K. McMahon. Battle of the grapefruits.

Tyson was paid $3 million for the run in 1998 that culminated in Wrestlemania 14.

I don't see what would be the point in him working with Vince. Vince would dwarf him and ultimately it couldn't go anywhere physical. I think AJ would be the guy. They are in the same ballpark sizewise so you wouldn't be selling something ridiculous, and you could very credibly sell this as the best fighter in the world against the best wrestler in the world. Plus AJ could carry him to a better match than anyone else.

Also, read someone say WWE missed the ball on Rousey. Kind of baffled by that. In what sense? Does no one else think it's inevitable she'll be in at some point?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Balor vs Owens with McGregor as guest ref. Literally redo the Tyson thing and use it to get over the guys who are gonna lead the ship for the next few years.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,073 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

QUOTE=leggo;101854878]Balor vs Owens with McGregor as guest ref. Literally redo the Tyson thing and use it to get over the guys who are gonna lead the ship for the next few years.[/QUOTE]

This is the kind of thing they should be doing. Get eyes on the newer guys and present them as a big deal.

It still bugs me how they wasted CM Punk v Randy Orton the year Rock was back. Could easily have set up Rock v Cena the next night on RAW.

Instead of focus on Orton and Punk who were still young enough to become major stars they had Undertaker v Triple H and Rock getting involved in Cena v Miz as the main events.

• Advertisement

My point on WWE missing the boat in relation to Rousey was based on her not being as big a deal now than she was say when she made her appearance at Wm. In my eyes her aura is gone and her appeal isnt as strong as a result.

2 years ago id be very interested, now ive relativly no interest in her coming on board.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,319 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Is HHH still high on him, making headlines tonight on the VMAs red carpet for going at it with Machine Gun Kelly

(Sorry couldn't find the newest latest thread on him here even with search)

• Registered Users Posts: 60,179 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The sooner the better he fcuks off into obscurity or even better prison will be a good day.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Now you know as well I do, that neither of those 2 things are NEVER going to happen.

Advertisement