Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would you hire/date/live with yourself?

Options
  • 18-04-2016 8:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭

Lets have some self reflection in After Hours for a second..

You're a hiring manager in a company conducting interviews and in walks a candidate with the exact same personality traits as you.....knowing what you know about yourself...eg do you cut corners with tasks, do you get along with your team? Would you hire them?

You swipe right on a guy/gal on Tinder and they have the same habits as you do...eg, are you a bit of a hot head? Bad communicator? Knowing what your know about yourself, your bad habits, would you date them?

I think id hire myself, im loyal and id do anything to help my colleagues to get a job finished. I could be better with punctuality though :o

Date myself? Yes and no....im tidy around the house and like my independence so id like a potential partner to be the same, but im not the best communicator, I push people away.

So, what about you?

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭XR3i

i would marry myself

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Gawd no, I'm a right nobhead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭BlondeMoment

Gawd no, I'm a right nobhead.

..but youre honest! Thats a plus at least :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,438 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

I wouldn't touch me with a barge pole.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Cathy.C

Reminds me of the famous Groucho Marx quote.
    "Please accept my resignation. I don't want to belong to any club that will accept me as a member.”

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

I'd date myself alright. I'm gorgeous.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Hire yes

Dat/live with no

• Registered Users Posts: 4,421 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

I'd probably be somewhat mortified to be associated with him but be better off having him about than not.

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭duchalla

I've been told to go way and fcuk myself by people on occasion. Does that count?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭BlondeMoment

I'd date myself alright. I'm gorgeous.

Well who doesnt love a bit of arm candy eh!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

..but youre honest! Thats a plus at least :D

I dislike my own company at the best of times, the only difference being I'm forced to spend time with myself. If I had a choice, I'd find someone new.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

Nope, I'm a forgetful, messy, grumpy perfectionist, so I just annoy everyone.

I wouldn't hire me to mind a goldfish and you wouldn't pay me enough to date me!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,695 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

I'd hire me because I know I'd be good to work with as both being able to work on my own initiative, and as part of a team.

I wouldn't date me though, because I'm like different person when I'm working, and a different person outside work. I wouldn't live with me either. That's just foo much like work, I'd drive myself round the bend! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

I'd hire myself. I'm dedicated, hardworking and fantastic at what I do.

I'd live with myself. I'm clean, I'm housetrained, I usually fall asleep watching tv so won't fight myself for the remote control.

I wouldn't date myself. I'm a headfook of epic proportions. I lash out at those I'm close to, and am prone to using them as an emotional punching bag when I'm such a mess I don't know what else to do. I'm not good at dealing with problems, I'm a big fan of burying my head in the sand and using whatever means nessessary to block that out. After almost two years in councelling I'm getting a little bit better. It took my current boyfriend 3 years for me to agree to be his girlfriend, and even at that the commitment of it made me break up with him a few months later when I realised how much I loved him/the power he had to sh it on my heart. I'm irrational, run on two default emotions, happy and angry and seem to swing wildly between both. I'm rarely sad, rarely jealous, rarely any other feeling. There doesn't seem to be middle ground although to be fair I don't stay angry for very long.
    I'm quick tempered, I'm unpredictable, and I'm emotionally broken.
    I have no idea how he puts up with me, because I can't even deal with myself. But he's been there for the past ten years and he knows me better than I know myself. He can tell by a certain word I might use in a text if I'm angry or snapping about something. He knows how to cheer me up if I'm fuming. He knows if I'm running amuck not to stand in my way. After my dad died, and I decided I could do what I liked because I had nothing left in my life to lose, he was the one who picked up the pieces, while I wrecked havoc on everything around me.

The thoughts of dealing with someone I loved so much (him) on a path of self destruction, terrifies me. I'd for sure walk away because I wouldn't know what else to do.

If I had to date myself I'd be chawing Prozac morning noon and night :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭doolox

I would hire me in my present economic role. I would not hire me in the role I found myself doing for the 1st 30 yrs of my working life.....ie a milkman and then an electronics technician.

There are other far better milkmen and technicians out there than me, having said that there were other far worse ones than me but I'd say the present day work demands and management practices expectations and increasing competition has shoved them out into early retirement or the dole by now.

I am in a totally different role and near enough to retirement not to really care about a career or such stuff and cannot be measured against other similar service providers, some people say my service is unique so its very hard to judge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭beks101

I'd hire myself and then promote the sh1t out of myself and then hand over the company shares to myself and then retire myself by 40.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭MacauDragon

Get out of my office you workshy freeloader.

But before you go .. well I know you've always been curious.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

I'd definitely hire myself. I absolutely love my job so I do a great job at it.

I definitely wouldn't date myself :O I'm ridiculously emotional, irrational and dramatic. I genuinely don't know how my boyfriend lives with me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

No to all, I'm mad in head. :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

The people I work with are awful so yeah, another me could help me do the job properly!

I wouldnt date myself though, that's gay and I hate that. Also I couldn't date a homophobe.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 886 ✭✭✭Emmadilema123

This is a tricky one. I'm really nice but I'm not really my type!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

Hire me, probably not.

Date me, dunno. I mean I'm great, obviously, but I need someone who complements me. I'd have the craic with me and ride me senseless but we wouldn't get much done, I'm way too passive and laid back, need someone to give me a push. I'd hate to have an argument with myself.

Live with, yeah. I like my own company so I'd be curious to see whether I'd then prefer my own company or my own company

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

Not a chance!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

No.No.No.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭irishguitarlad

Id hire myself, im a great worker.

Id date myself and id shag myself as I am quite the handsome man.

But i wouldnt live with myself as I am as unpredictable and mad as they come.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Ah yeah, I like me.

I'd be least reluctant to date me, alright though. I'd like to hold higher aesthetic standards. Its a bit of a conundrum, that one.

Interesting.

I would live with me. I am fully house trained and come with all necessary social skills. There would be lots of fun but if you needed quiet time there would be that as well. I like being alone too. Mind you I do have my little quirks but I think we'd get along quite nicely. Tiger beer and scary films every night!

I would absolutely date me. Hell I would marry me! You would never ever have to worry about lack of trust or loyalty. Oh and there is no way that my sex drive would shrivel up and disappear as soon as we get serious. I would make you laugh and want to throw all caution to the wind. You would have your biggest supporter in me.

As for hiring? Well probably not. I don't work well in teams and isn't that the way of most jobs these days. I don't like having to follow strict time keeping rules. You know the whole Monday to Friday 9 to 5 lark. Also I like to have naps whenever I feel like it. So no.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Holy shyte no
    I would go back in time and make sure I wasn't even conceived ;)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,486 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Im a self employed masturbator with pictures of myself in every room. Do I win the thread?

• Advertisement

NAPS!!!!!!!!!!!

Just sayin'.

#napsforever

Advertisement