Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would you hire/date/live with yourself?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭MacauDragon

Would you date me ?

I'd date me.

I'd date me hard.

(mangina dance)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭FortySeven

Me with tits and a fanny. Where do I sign up? I have a soul to trade!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭Shint0

I would hire myself - I am the ideas person and tell it as it is. There would be no backstabbing or office politics.

Would I date myself? My husband once said God must have made me as a prototype and obviously stopped after me. I don't think he meant it as a compliment :-( Often when my train of thought derails there are no survivors.

Would I live with myself? My ADHD-type brain relishes in disorder and chaos. So I think that's a firm no.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭BlondeMoment

If I had to date myself I'd be chawing Prozac morning noon and night :(

Yeah this is something I was getting at, like, the people saying no....why not? Does it make you think about changing your behaviour in any way?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,695 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

Yeah this is something I was getting at, like, the people saying no....why not? Does it make you think about changing your behaviour in any way?

Because I'm often told I'm an absolute head-melt by other people, and since I'm not aware of it myself, I have to take their word for it. On that basis I'd wreck my own head and I wouldn't even be aware of what exactly it is about me that wrecks my own head, so I wouldn't be able to change it.

I'm even driving myself up the walls right now trying to work out the paradox of the problem!

Why OP, why? :pac:

• Advertisement

All joking aside they are very difficult questions to answer. It's not easy to step outside of yourself and look objectively at how it might be to date you. Your perception will of course be coloured.

Lexie you posted that you wouldn't date yourself and gave lots of reasons why. But what about all the good things about you? The very things that keep your relationship alive and your boyfriend by your side. I don't for one second doubt that you aren't a great girl who maybe struggles to receive love but who has no problem giving plenty of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭BlondeMoment

All joking aside they are very difficult questions to answer. It's not easy to step outside of yourself and look objectively at how it might be to date you. Your perception will of course be coloured.

I absolutely agree. I think self reflection is important but it is a difficult thing to do. I suppose a recent event in my life got me thinking about the choices I make and the effects they have on the people around me. (Basically im an idiot! :o) Was interested to see what others think.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,732 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Given I don't like confrontation and no one knows me like myself, and we would share the same interests, yes, but cloning is banned...

I absolutely agree. I think self reflection is important but it is a difficult thing to do. I suppose a recent event in my life got me thinking about the choices I make and the effects they have on the people around me. (Basically im an idiot! :o) Was interested to see what others think.

Oh self reflection is a very very important but I'm not sure we need to step outside of ourselves to do it. Instead it can be simply looking inside ourselves and asking why we do the things we do, how did it make us feel, where do we think those feelings come from.

So instead of asking the question "would another person date/live with/hire me" or indeed "why would they".
    We need to ask "why did I do that", "can I change", "do I want to change", "what hurts" "why do I hurt others".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭groucho marx

Reminds me of the scene from silence of the lambs where he's admiring himself in the mirror asking himself a question

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

I'd hire myself. I wouldn't date myself though because I'm not into dudes. And I wouldn't live with myself because we'd have absolutely nothing to talk about. "Did you hear about that new th-" "Let me stop you there; yes I read all about it this afternoon."

• Registered Users Posts: 6,042 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

I'd never be able to live with myself. I fart way too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

I'd never be able to live with myself. I fart way too much.

The name gives it away ... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭Vain

I'd date myself alright. I'm gorgeous.

I would hate to be that vain....

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Vain wrote: »
    I would hate to be that vain....

Ahh cousins... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

Hire myself...yes though not for a job dealing with the public

Date me...no..

Live with me:yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 P1nkSheep

Hire myself - absolutely 100%

Date.. Not really, maybe a friend with benefits type arrangement rather than actually going out.

Live with.. yeah.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 282 ✭✭Ronald Wilson Reagan

I'd **** me. I'd **** me hard. I'd **** me so hard.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,221 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

FortySeven wrote: »
    Me with tits and a fanny. Where do I sign up? I have a soul to trade!

As a soul trader could you legally hire yourself?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,544 ✭✭✭Samaris

I'd hire myself, but I wouldn't date myself. Far too moody and temperamental. My partner has the patience of a saint.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭esforum

yes on all counts

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Austria!

Im a self employed masturbator with pictures of myself in every room. Do I win the thread?

Forget the thread, you're winning life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

I would definitely date myself. I'm a great lover.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

If I answer yes, does that mean I'm gay?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

I deserve better.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭CruelCoin

Hire - Yes, i reckon i'm good at what i do.
    Date - No, i'm a massive introvert.
    Live - Yes, for the same reason as the above

• Registered Users Posts: 16,576 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

I can't handle myself at my worst so I don't deserve myself at my best.

Not a chance I'd hire myself. I do the bear minimum and take short cuts all over the place. It's a miracle I've gotten this far in my career.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

I would definitely hire and date myself. I don't know about living with myself though. I think I am hard to live with.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭George Michael

I'd hire myself. I'm dedicated, hardworking and fantastic at what I do.

I'd live with myself. I'm clean, I'm housetrained, I usually fall asleep watching tv so won't fight myself for the remote control.

I wouldn't date myself. I'm a headfook of epic proportions. I lash out at those I'm close to, and am prone to using them as an emotional punching bag when I'm such a mess I don't know what else to do. I'm not good at dealing with problems, I'm a big fan of burying my head in the sand and using whatever means nessessary to block that out. After almost two years in councelling I'm getting a little bit better. It took my current boyfriend 3 years for me to agree to be his girlfriend, and even at that the commitment of it made me break up with him a few months later when I realised how much I loved him/the power he had to sh it on my heart. I'm irrational, run on two default emotions, happy and angry and seem to swing wildly between both. I'm rarely sad, rarely jealous, rarely any other feeling. There doesn't seem to be middle ground although to be fair I don't stay angry for very long.
    I'm quick tempered, I'm unpredictable, and I'm emotionally broken.
    I have no idea how he puts up with me, because I can't even deal with myself. But he's been there for the past ten years and he knows me better than I know myself. He can tell by a certain word I might use in a text if I'm angry or snapping about something. He knows how to cheer me up if I'm fuming. He knows if I'm running amuck not to stand in my way. After my dad died, and I decided I could do what I liked because I had nothing left in my life to lose, he was the one who picked up the pieces, while I wrecked havoc on everything around me.

The thoughts of dealing with someone I loved so much (him) on a path of self destruction, terrifies me. I'd for sure walk away because I wouldn't know what else to do.

If I had to date myself I'd be chawing Prozac morning noon and night :(

“I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.

― Marilyn Monroe

Advertisement