Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

PSNI Recruitment - Stage 2 - The Assessment Centre

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Drummer64

I'm a low B aswell, I don't think we have anything to worry about

I'm remaining optimistic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Homer01

Aghhh what a day. Scored 52.5% but had felt it went quite bad on the day so not to diassappinted as prepared myself. Was my first AC and was definitely a good learning experience. Congrats to all who passed and good luck with the rest of the process. Looking forward to future campaigns I was wondering if everyone who has past the 1509 IST has to do another IST for the next campaign? or do they go straight to the new campaigns AC? I know this may sound stupid but my friend told me this was true but I highly doubt it. Thanks for any help. Keep er lit ðŸ‘

Sorry to hear you missed it by a few marks. Pretty good for your first AC.

Unfortunately when you reapply you're back to the start with everyone else. Although you now have that valuable experience :)

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Redboy12345

I recall the IST mark was lowered as well? I think it's safe to say that scoring has been lower this time around going by the two lowered pass marks?

As to what happens now? (Sorry first timer) do they process all remaining candidates from C2? Before starting with PCA for 15090?

I'm a low B aswell, I don't think we have anything to worry about, there is obviously a reason they knocked the pass mark down, either not enough scored over 60 or they anticipate having the funds for more intakes but who knows.

I'm remaining optimistic.

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Johannes_Cabal

I recall the IST mark was lowered as well? I think it's safe to say that scoring has been lower this time around going by the two lowered pass marks?

As to what happens now? (Sorry first timer) do they process all remaining candidates from C2? Before starting with PCA for 15090?

No idea what they plan on doing, rumours seem to be that there may be another set of calls from C2 which could be the last.

It is entirely up to the PSNI how they proceed (pretty sure they run merit lists for one financial year, April to April). I think they can carry on with C2 until that merit list is exhausted if they choose, but they didn't in C1 which left a some candidates to receive Dear John letters.

If they do close C2 now or after the next set of calls they will issue invitations to (usually) the highest scorers first, but that could be at anytime depends on how soon they want the first squad in and probably depends on if they want more squads this year as it seems to run on a 5 week separation between squad intakes.

As I only took part in the entire process in C1 what I'm saying maybe a little outdated but I'm sure someone from C2 could give more up to date info and amend anything I have said that is wrong.

It's basically just sit tight until the PSNI get in contact which is usually in letter form for either PCA or Vetting first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭Sydnor87

Passed with a Grade B :D

Not too high of a score but considering the pass mark was lowered I'm happy enough. Funnily, the part of the AC I thought was going to sink me turned out to be the one I scored highest in.

Still reeling a bit, was not expecting to progress but I'm so chuffed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭The Rookie

Itwasntme88

I am so bummed you didn't get it.

To everyone that passed. Congrats. Go get drunk.
    To those that didn't, commiserations. Go get drunk.

Think I need a few beers mine was that bad!
    Congrats to all those who have passed today....to the others like myself see you next time round! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Psni26

Yea I received a 2 letters during this time that I would still be in the pool, but each campaign does have an expiry date sometime soon I'd say, I haven't heard anything because they haven't worked there way down to my score yet. I think the this campaign finishes next month so Iv already scrapped it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Goonerdee

I have my PCA for 1405 next month, would rather they leave it if I wasnt going to get through all the stages than getting my hopes up.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Delilahbeau

Goonerdee wrote:
    I have my PCA for 1405 next month, would rather they leave it if I wasnt going to get through all the stages than getting my hopes up.

Good luck buddy!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 365 ✭✭wannabe2010

Sup folks! I'm back! For anyone who may remember me.

I just missed an A* in the AC so I'm over the moon atm! How's it goin for everyone? When can we expect to do PCA?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Redboy12345

Sup folks! I'm back! For anyone who may remember me.

I just missed an A* in the AC so I'm over the moon atm! How's it goin for everyone? When can we expect to do PCA?

This might be of help.
    No idea what they plan on doing, rumours seem to be that there may be another set of calls from C2 which could be the last.

It is entirely up to the PSNI how they proceed (pretty sure they run merit lists for one financial year, April to April). I think they can carry on with C2 until that merit list is exhausted if they choose, but they didn't in C1 which left a some candidates to receive Dear John letters.

If they do close C2 now or after the next set of calls they will issue invitations to (usually) the highest scorers first, but that could be at anytime depends on how soon they want the first squad in and probably depends on if they want more squads this year as it seems to run on a 5 week separation between squad intakes.

As I only took part in the entire process in C1 what I'm saying maybe a little outdated but I'm sure someone from C2 could give more up to date info and amend anything I have said that is wrong.

It's basically just sit tight until the PSNI get in contact which is usually in letter form for either PCA or Vetting first.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭MrBlack93

Hi guys quick question.
    I passed the assessment centre with an incredibly low score (first time applicant) and I fully understand that my application will probably receive no further consideration as a result.
    My question is do the psni send all those who have passed the AC vetting forms or do they only contact the higher scorers in their order of merit with the vetting forms?

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Psni26

Only the scores on merit of order buddy!

MrBlack93 wrote:
    Hi guys quick question. I passed the assessment centre with an incredibly low score (first time applicant) and I fully understand that my application will probably receive no further consideration as a result. My question is do the psni send all those who have passed the AC vetting forms or do they only contact the higher scorers in their order of merit with the vetting forms?

Hi Mrblack.

I've just been offered a place in GV as part of C2. In our campaign, vetting forms and access to online learning were done in groups, staggered throughout the year. My guess is that this will be mirrored in this campaign. If you have a low score. Don't really be expecting anything for a few months, as they tend to advance the applicant in merit order. (this is not to say however that you should give up hope - I was offered a place in GV almost two years after my application)

MrBlack93 wrote: »
    Hi guys quick question.
    I passed the assessment centre with an incredibly low score (first time applicant) and I fully understand that my application will probably receive no further consideration as a result.
    My question is do the psni send all those who have passed the AC vetting forms or do they only contact the higher scorers in their order of merit with the vetting forms?

Don't discount yourself from the process yet.

From thousands of applicants you have literally just been told you have met or exceeded the score necessary to be considered for appointment, that's an achievement in itself.

It may take a while to get to your score, it may not, only recently some more folks in C2 have been offered a position and that's after 2 years or so.

Take it as a positive, so long as the funding is there and you pass anything the PSNI set you, there is a good chance you could be called upon, they wouldn't have adjusted the pass mark if they didn't need to extend the grade range of potential recruits.

Just carry on with life, train for the PCA and when the time comes you'll be prepared.

Goodluck, just hang in there and think positive.

Hi Mrblack.

I've just been offered a place in GV as part of C2. In our campaign, vetting forms and access to online learning were done in groups, staggered throughout the year. My guess is that this will be mirrored in this campaign. If you have a low score. Don't really be expecting anything for a few months, as they tend to advance the applicant in merit order. (this is not to say however that you should give up hope - I was offered a place in GV almost two years after my application)

Haha took me so long to write my reply you got there before me.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 ccfckyle

Don't discount yourself from the process yet.

From thousands of applicants you have literally just been told you have met or exceeded the score necessary to be considered for appointment, that's an achievement in itself.

It may take a while to get to your score, it may not, only recently some more folks in C2 have been offered a position and that's after 2 years or so.

Take it as a positive, so long as the funding is there and you pass anything the PSNI set you, there is a good chance you could be called upon, they wouldn't have adjusted the pass mark if they didn't need to extend the grade range of potential recruits.

Just carry on with life, train for the PCA and when the time comes you'll be prepared.

Goodluck, just hang in there and think positive.

This makes me feel more positive, I got low 60s (also first time applicant) and was worried it wouldn't be enough. I'll just continue as normal until told otherwise.
    Should I apply for the next campaign anyway just in case do you reckon?

ccfckyle wrote: »
    This makes me feel more positive, I got low 60s (also first time applicant) and was worried it wouldn't be enough. I'll just continue as normal until told otherwise.

Yeah, I'm the same with a low 60 score, if there is another campaign I'll be applying, better to cover ourselves if we don't make it this time.

ccfckyle wrote: »

I applied for C3 and passed the AC. How i have glorious task of emailing them to withdraw me because I've been offered a place. If anything, apply so you can do that. The feeling is brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 ccfckyle

I applied for C3 and passed the AC. How i have glorious task of emailing them to withdraw me because I've been offered a place. If anything, apply so you can do that. The feeling is brilliant.

Well done and good luck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 newfoundglory

Hi I passed the AC yesterday with low 70s so I'm assuming I'll be quite high up on the list for the PCA. Does anyone have any idea of what the time frame could be? And also, are you able to change your PCA date? I have a holiday booked in the summer and I'm panicking now my PCA will be when I'm away.. Any guidance is appreciated as this is my first time going through this process! :)

Hi I passed the AC yesterday with low 70s so I'm assuming I'll be quite high up on the list for the PCA. Does anyone have any idea of what the time frame could be? And also, are you able to change your PCA date? I have a holiday booked in the summer and I'm panicking now my PCA will be when I'm away.. Any guidance is appreciated as this is my first time going through this process! :)

If you look through the posts since yesterday, you'll see a few people asked the same thing as you.
    Time frame: No one can tell - from the boards a low 70's score puts you at the higher end of middle, there seems to be quite a lot of high scorers on here.

As for changing your appointment: only in special circumstances are they likely to do this. For a holiday, them granting you another appointment is unlikely. If you really need to change it, let them know as soon as you get your appointment, and they may be able to help you...

HOWEVER - you will not be able to change this again, nor will you have any influence over what date they choose. You really are best sticking with the date they give you.

As it stands, the top scoring squad are unlikely to be admitted before the Autumn (the PSNI are notorious for dragging the recruitment process out)

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭Bunsen1burner

Realistically with a score of mid 60s is there any chance of progressing through?

Realistically with a score of mid 60s is there any chance of progressing through?

God I hope so because I'm lower than you and want this so dam bad lol

I dont see why not - it may just take a while. I'm due to start in May with a score of 65.5.

Anything goes my friend. Anything goes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 resp5

Bunsen don't worry too much about it. I'm currently serving elsewhere in the UK and from experience recruits arent always selected from the merit list top to bottom. People withdraw, fail fitness tests, fail vetting, can't make appointments, personal issues etc.

I could keep going but I'm sure you get my point. I'm in the 1509 process too, got in the A* band but that dosnt mean I'm guaranteed a place either.

Basically don't worry about, you'll just go mad thinking and waiting for phone calls.

Just keep training and keep your nose clean so you fly through the other stages when you get to them!

Thanks guys! Best to just knuckle down with the fitness and stay positive!!!!

Drummer64 wrote: »
    God I hope so because I'm lower than you and want this so dam bad lol

If we make it Drummer we may be in GV together with our scores!!!!!!

If we make it Drummer we may be in GV together with our scores!!!!!!

No ifs I will see you there!!! :D

• Advertisement

Drummer64 wrote: »
    No ifs I will see you there!!! :D

I love it when a plan comes together!!!

Advertisement