Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

april phonecalls/ may intake

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Delilahbeau

Pcpandaman wrote:
    Guys an gals did amyone else read the "going to garnerville soon" thead... Is it true someone like myself traveling from the north west can stay in residence after the inital 4 weeks?for the remainder of the course?anyone know ? I read a few posts saying you can apply

You can. I'm coming from there too and we qualify for the whole 22 weeks

Excited to say you can add me to the list now too!!

Yes!!!

Am I still the only girl though?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Officer D. O. Nut

Yes!!!

Am I still the only girl though?

Despite my name on here I do not have any nuts! So that makes two of us (: We'll split the ironing and making sandwiches I guess haha!

Despite my name on here I do not have any nuts! So that makes two of us (: We'll split the ironing and making sandwiches I guess haha!

YES!! This makes me very happy.

Not the splitting jobs, these wee boys need to know how to iron if they're going to weild a gun, but that I have company!

BTW, welcome to the clàn!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Officer D. O. Nut

YES!! This makes me very happy.

Not the splitting jobs, these wee boys need to know how to iron if they're going to weild a gun, but that I have company!

BTW, welcome to the clàn!!

Too right, and yes me too...you've someone to talk weddings with now! Well you talk I'll dream! Congrats by the way (: on that topic are you bringing them as your guest? Awk shucks, thanks very much, go team!!

Too right, and yes me too...you've someone to talk weddings with now! Well you talk I'll dream! Congrats by the way (: on that topic are you bringing them as your guest? Awk shucks, thanks very much, go team!!

I am, aye. We're coming from the North, so its a bit annoying that he'll only be allowed in for a couple of hours. But heyho, he's a bit lad, he can keep himself occupied.

Oh weddings. My mum has been on at me all day - you know the scene in my big fat greek wedding where they are discussing who's invited - aye. That was my morning. I must have told her 4 times the wedding isn't for 2 and a half years, but that fell on deaf ears. Thank goodness my other half is on my side when it comes to getting married on holiday!

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭iamveryhopeful

Who changed my original post? Lol

Hi all,

Excited to say you can add me to the list now too!!

I feel like I should say something useful or ask a question but just happy to post after lurking for two years haha!

Roll on induction (:

Welcome officer donut.... ;)

You supplying them during our stay?

So if you live like 20 mile away and apply to stay after four weeks then how do you know when to come in each morning. If you are getting last minute show paraded or something?

• Advertisement

So if you live like 20 mile away and apply to stay after four weeks then how do you know when to come in each morning. If you are getting last minute show paraded or something?

We'll knock your door in and brigade you in your panties.

We'll knock your door in and brigade you in your panties.

Lol I love your responses.

You'd love my collection of satin panties. Not so sure about everyone else though ;)

Everyone sent back their confirmation packs.

Pcnotwelcome..... Did you tick that you'd not be attending like we discussed.....

:)

Lol I love your responses.

You'd love my collection of satin panties. Not so sure about everyone else though ;)

Provided they're purple, I'm sure everyone one will get on just fine! (there is a story about this - ill tell you in PM )

Everyone sent back their confirmation packs.

Pcnotwelcome..... Did you tick that you'd not be attending like we discussed.....

:)

Signed, sealed and sent this afternoon. It's all very real now. Especially as my new iron arrived.

Provided they're purple, I'm sure everyone one will get on just fine! (there is a story about this - ill tell you in PM )

Nope. I only wear pink panties. You'll see soon enough.

I have it on good authority that they do not frown on you wearing pink panties under your uniform whilst show parading you.

As long as you send em photos after ;)

• Advertisement

Signed, sealed and sent this afternoon. It's all very real now. Especially as my new iron arrived.

Me too. Me too.

Only realised last night it had to be there by Wednesday so I sent today first class signed.

£1.74...... :/

Me too. Me too.

Only realised last night it had to be there by Wednesday so I sent today first class signed.

£1.74...... :/

But what is £1.74 in the grand scheme of things. Come the end of May we're gonna be in the pennies man!

Although, only being a by the hour minimum wage worker atm, i can't quite gather what the monthly wage will be after tax and what not. One of you boys can keep me right.

But what is £1.74 in the grand scheme of things. Come the end of May we're gonna be in the pennies man!

Although, only being a by the hour minimum wage worker atm, i can't quite gather what the monthly wage will be after tax and what not. One of you boys can keep me right.

About tree fiddy.

About tree fiddy.

It's a good job my car runs on air then.

It's a good job my car runs on air then.

Smash the salary into netsalarycalculator (via Google)

All depends on your tax code, student loans etc. But with the allowance added on it should make out a half decent net salary. :)

£1,333 ish for 19k gross salary exactly.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Mop a top

Provided they're purple/QUOTE]

Lol you know that's your squad colour :P

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,810 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Who changed my original post? Lol
    Me. Just added names.

Lol Mop. Yeah I knew this. One of my besties is in GV at the minute and she told me. I just didn't want to post it on here haha.

Shield wrote:
    Me. Just added names.

You forgot the donut lady ;)

Lol Mop. Yeah I knew this. One of my besties is in GV at the minute and she told me. I just didn't want to post it on here haha.

That will be àwesome having your friend in there. I think mine aren't nuts enough lol!!! My favourite colour too, I'll have green eyes looking at your shirt lol

Mop a top wrote:
    That will be àwesome having your friend in there. I think mine aren't nuts enough lol!!! My favourite colour too, I'll have green eyes looking at your shirt lol

I've got one really good friend and two people I know from my hometown in GV at the minute so I am very very lucky!!
    Is there a purple badge or Something? I thought it was just a class name!

Also Mop, I feel like you're the person to ask - Definations and what not. When do we get access to them? I'm going from full time to part time this week coming to give me more time to gather up stuff/get the flat sorted/go over my online learning again before starting. Do we get access after the induction or what the story?
    Also, what is the content of the new stuff we get before GV?

We get coloured epaulettes for your squad. So trainers know what squad you're in.

Start learning courtesy now!!! Youll get access to the online learning the day after induction weekend. There's 10 that need to be learned off by heart for week 8 exams theyve changed things for us slightly. We won't do week 2 exams, well do week 5 then 8, 16 and finals like normal. There's 10 more to learn for week 16 exams. You need 90% pass rate for them but it's a fill in the missing word.

Definitions, NI justice system, laws of evidence( I cried at that one) human rights, stop and search all the good stuff. Don't panic it's all doable especially since you're going PT.

Start buying black sports wear. Small logos only. Youll need bedding towels and only 3 electrical items. The girls inmynsquad have organised among ourselves what we're bringing and sharing

Mop a top wrote:
    Start learning courtesy now!!! Youll get access to the online learning the day after induction weekend. There's 10 that need to be learned off by heart for week 8 exams theyve changed things for us slightly. We won't do week 2 exams, well do week 5 then 8, 16 and finals like normal. There's 10 more to learn for week 16 exams. You need 90% pass rate for them but it's a fill in the missing word.

Mop a top wrote:
    Definitions, NI justice system, laws of evidence( I cried at that one) human rights, stop and search all the good stuff. Don't panic it's all doable especially since you're going PT.

This is why I love the boards.

This is good news - I have a slight head start in the Definations bit (criminology graduate. I know, don't shoot me) but I'm sure I'll be just as frustrated as everyone else.

I've got all my bulling stuff, an iron, bedding and stationary. I do need some new sports stuff though. What the Craic with trainers? Do they need to be black, or are my purple ones OK (I've soo nailed purple squad without even knowing.)

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Bustermoon

This is good news - I have a slight head start in the Definations bit (criminology graduate. I know, don't shoot me) but I'm sure I'll be just as frustrated as everyone else.

I've got all my bulling stuff, an iron, bedding and stationary. I do need some new sports stuff though. What the Craic with trainers? Do they need to be black, or are my purple ones OK (I've soo nailed purple squad without even knowing.)

Purple trainers are fine, our squad have a rainbow ranging from black or white to yellow or pink ... And that's just the guys! As long as your actual PE kit is black the trainers aren't an issue!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭WannabePC

If you apply to live in you should be staying in GV most nights but you can put a form in to stay at home through the week. You'll know if you have a show parade for that day as it's given for that night. After 4 weeks and if you dint live in you'll so a show parade in the corridor or very early on another morning but you'll know about it. Lots of show parades the first week in particular but it's part of the whole experience and you can have good banter while you wait for the trainers to come and inspect your room.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭WannabePC

Try and learn learn the definitions listed under week 8 exam first before you start to make life a little easier. I learned about half the definitions before I started which helped massively. Definitely learn courtesy and the caution first though. I was speaking to an ex superintendent just the other day whose been out for 20 years now and has dementia and we started rhyming it off together!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 28 ccfckyle

I've a criminology degree too. No idea why I thought that relevant. Good luck.

I feel like such a loser. I have nothing organised yet. Went out suit shopping yesterday

Lol. That worked out well. Got no suit and home hungry.

So we need all black p.e stuff. Like the men in black.

Only 3 electrical equipment each?? Oven, fridge and microwave??

Only 3 electrical equipment each?? Oven, fridge and microwave??

I'll bring the juicer

Laptop phone hairdryer straighteners kettle for your room iron take your pick lol.

Mop a top wrote:
    Laptop phone hairdryer straighteners kettle for your room iron take your pick lol.

Mop a top wrote:

I'll keep something else in my car and rotate.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭MikeOneJuliet

I'll keep something else in my car and rotate.

This is the best plan. Also sort with your roommate (if you get one) who will bring the iron and ironing board. Not much room to spare in the hotel!

This is the best plan. Also sort with your roommate (if you get one) who will bring the iron and ironing board. Not much room to spare in the hotel!

Can you change the lock on your door if you don't like your roomie? Lol

I'll bring the juicer

I'm already coming.

Wait, what?

• Advertisement

Mop a top wrote: »

I cannot go without my hairdryer nor my straighteners. So the other guy in my room will have to bring the practical stuff

Lol that's why we're sharing. We debated leaving a set of straighteners in the coming room for the lads to use instead if getting I trouble in girls dorms but thought better of it, w'ed never get to use them ourselves lol.

Oh any girls, hair MUST be neatly in a bun under your hat OR you need to get it cropped up short so it doesn't touch your collar

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭PCbobby

So this is what happens when you don't visit the boards for a day... Special guest appearance from Shield and everything!

A lot to think about now.

Mop a top wrote:
    Oh any girls, hair MUST be neatly in a bun under your hat OR you need to get it cropped up short so it doesn't touch your collar

Uck boke. I'm growing out my pixie. I'm not getting it cut again. Bobby pins shall be my friend for the next 6 months.

Either that or extensions may have to be put in so I can bun it.

Uck boke. I'm growing out my pixie. I'm not getting it cut again. Bobby pins shall be my friend for the next 6 months.

Either that or extensions may have to be put in so I can bun it.

I'll cut it for you. my hands don't shake too much.

or you can borrow my extensions. I wont need them anymore.

See. This is why I'm investing in a PT before GV. I pulled 24 at my vest attempt. Luckily I reckon I could best this now.

or you can borrow my extensions. I wont need them anymore.

I'm veying for option two.

Or I could get a WEAVE

I'll look like Beyonce :B

• Advertisement

You've all forgotten the most important piece of electrical equipment... The electric abs belt.

PCbobby wrote: »
    You've all forgotten the most important piece of electrical equipment... The electric abs belt.

i like your style.

do you wear yours in mcdonalds like me too?

Anyone else added The Police to their playlists?

PCbobby wrote: »
    Anyone else added The Police to their playlists?

my playlist never changes. Mix of spice girls, westlife and boyzone. Something a bit more hard-core for squats such as the pet shop boys.

you can share a headphone with me when we are out running hand in hand

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Johannes_Cabal

What intake number will you guys be?

• Advertisement
Advertisement