Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

april phonecalls/ may intake

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Delilahbeau

aye, it's all go!!

the big question (Mopatop, help me out here...) When does online learning open again??

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭iamveryhopeful

aye, it's all go!!

the big question (Mopatop, help me out here...) When does online learning open again??

after induction weekend I believe.

Bigger question is..... the £19k salary (whilst in G.V) is the allowance added to that also. Or does the £19k include that? Or do you only get that once out of G.V?

after induction weekend I believe.

Bigger question is..... the £19k salary (whilst in G.V) is the allowance added to that also. Or does the £19k include that? Or do you only get that once out of G.V?

I believe it is in addition to, unsure whether in GV or not though. Would be nice if it were.

I believe it is in addition to, unsure whether in GV or not though. Would be nice if it were.

I am hoping it is during too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭MikeOneJuliet

You'll get your transitional allowance on top of your monthly wage from the first pay package.

• Advertisement

You'll get your transitional allowance on top of your monthly wage from the first pay package.

Cheers buddy. Appreciate the input as always :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Pcpandaman

Cheers buddy. Appreciate the input as always :)

What does the trans pay amount too?

Pcpandaman wrote: »
    What does the trans pay amount too?

It's just over £3000 a year. About £200 a month iirc. Oh, and it's tax free!

It's just over £3000 a year. About £200 a month iirc. Oh, and it's tax free!

So essentially you'll get your net pay based on the 19k or so trainee salary then this 200 a month added on??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭WannabePC

Congrats to all the folks who got the call! I bet you're looking forward to your induction weekend coming up soon and the joy of finally getting into GV! The first week is tight going for sleep and there's a lot of hard work to be done to prep for exams etc but you'll all love it! I take it you guys are all coming through from C2 and not C3?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭PCbobby

WannabePC wrote: »
    Congrats to all the folks who got the call! I bet you're looking forward to your induction weekend coming up soon and the joy of finally getting into GV! The first week is tight going for sleep and there's a lot of hard work to be done to prep for exams etc but you'll all love it! I take it you guys are all coming through from C2 and not C3?

Yes C2.

WannabePC wrote:

yeah, we're one of the final intakes from C2 we reckon. :)

WannabePC wrote: »

Cheers buddy. Always very helpful getting posts from guys who have been through it all. :)

Really appreciate it.

No sleep makes me want to cry though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Officer D. O. Nut

calls are going out people.

delilahbeau
    Dingdong1234
    Elorfanato
    iamveryhopeful
    PCBobby
    Pcpandaman
    schmeichel

I wonder how I know...... :P

Hi all,

Excited to say you can add me to the list now too!!

I feel like I should say something useful or ask a question but just happy to post after lurking for two years haha!

Roll on induction (:

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭PCbobby

Hi all,

I feel like I should say something useful or ask a question but just happy to post after lurking for two years haha!

Roll on induction (:

Well done. It's overwhelming isn't it!

Floral15 was in for calls I though but have not heard from her.

PCbobby wrote: »
    Well done. It's overwhelming isn't it!

Floral15 was in for calls I though but have not heard from her.

Thanks and a big congrats to you and everyone else who got the call too. I guess good things come to those who wait!

Yeah I have my fingers crossed that more calls will be going out and more boardies will come out of the woodwork!

Guys an gals did amyone else read the "going to garnerville soon" thead...
    Is it true someone like myself traveling from the north west can stay in residence after the inital 4 weeks?for the remainder of the course?anyone know ?
    I read a few posts saying you can apply

Pcpandaman wrote: »
    Guys an gals did amyone else read the "going to garnerville soon" thead...
    Is it true someone like myself traveling from the north west can stay in residence after the inital 4 weeks?for the remainder of the course?anyone know ?
    I read a few posts saying you can apply

If you live more than 30 miles away you are automatically given a room for the whole 22 weeks. If you are closer than that then you will have to apply for a room to stay in after the first four weeks

So essentially you'll get your net pay based on the 19k or so trainee salary then this 200 a month added on??

Yeah. You'll get your basic wage plus the extra for the transitional allowance

If you live more than 30 miles away you are automatically given a room for the whole 22 weeks. If you are closer than that then you will have to apply for a room to stay in after the first four weeks

Thanks mike! Thats awesome :-) thanks for being helpful as always

• Advertisement

Pcpandaman wrote:
    Guys an gals did amyone else read the "going to garnerville soon" thead... Is it true someone like myself traveling from the north west can stay in residence after the inital 4 weeks?for the remainder of the course?anyone know ? I read a few posts saying you can apply

You can. I'm coming from there too and we qualify for the whole 22 weeks

Yes!!!

Am I still the only girl though?

Yes!!!

Am I still the only girl though?

Despite my name on here I do not have any nuts! So that makes two of us (: We'll split the ironing and making sandwiches I guess haha!

Despite my name on here I do not have any nuts! So that makes two of us (: We'll split the ironing and making sandwiches I guess haha!

YES!! This makes me very happy.

Not the splitting jobs, these wee boys need to know how to iron if they're going to weild a gun, but that I have company!

BTW, welcome to the clàn!!

YES!! This makes me very happy.

Not the splitting jobs, these wee boys need to know how to iron if they're going to weild a gun, but that I have company!

BTW, welcome to the clàn!!

Too right, and yes me too...you've someone to talk weddings with now! Well you talk I'll dream! Congrats by the way (: on that topic are you bringing them as your guest? Awk shucks, thanks very much, go team!!

Too right, and yes me too...you've someone to talk weddings with now! Well you talk I'll dream! Congrats by the way (: on that topic are you bringing them as your guest? Awk shucks, thanks very much, go team!!

I am, aye. We're coming from the North, so its a bit annoying that he'll only be allowed in for a couple of hours. But heyho, he's a bit lad, he can keep himself occupied.

Oh weddings. My mum has been on at me all day - you know the scene in my big fat greek wedding where they are discussing who's invited - aye. That was my morning. I must have told her 4 times the wedding isn't for 2 and a half years, but that fell on deaf ears. Thank goodness my other half is on my side when it comes to getting married on holiday!

Who changed my original post? Lol

Hi all,

Roll on induction (:

Welcome officer donut.... ;)

You supplying them during our stay?

So if you live like 20 mile away and apply to stay after four weeks then how do you know when to come in each morning. If you are getting last minute show paraded or something?

• Advertisement

So if you live like 20 mile away and apply to stay after four weeks then how do you know when to come in each morning. If you are getting last minute show paraded or something?

We'll knock your door in and brigade you in your panties.

Advertisement