Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's a mistake you don't make twice?

Options
  • 14-04-2016 4:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,127 ✭✭✭

Ill give you mine.

When I was in college I used to do a few nixers here and there. At the time I was studying IT in college and the was still in a time where most people didn't know how to fix their computers themselves.

I was asked to have a look at a computer that wouldn't start up properly. I wasn't entirely sure what was causing the problem but I had a look at the power supply unit. It has a little switch on it that said 240v and 120v, it was set to 240v so I thought, sure I flick it over and see if that does anything. So I flick the switch, plug it back in and turn the power switch on the PSU. Then it happened. Poof a big cloud of smoke came out of the back on the PSU. I quickly turned it off and put the switch back to 240V.

The owner didn't see what happened and when I was leaving I was saying I didn't fix it so I didn't want payment, but they insisted that even though I couldn't fix it that I still spend time on it. I took the £10 but I've never felt so guilty in my life.

Needless to say I never made that mistake again.

What are some mistakes you have made and will never repeat.

Oh and saying I put petrol in my diesel car won't count because my brother, the big idiot, has done that twice. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

Catch yer mickey in yer Fly

21/25

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

Spelling your girlfriends name out in dandruff on the bedside dresser, to demonstrate the intensity of your passion for her.

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Justjens

Getting married again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭JustShon

Posting in a thread on After Hours, wait, ****...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,599 ✭✭✭Allinall

Forgetting your parachute.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭Tsipras

You should repeat every mistake at least once to be sure it was a mistake

• Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭CDBWhoop

Allinall wrote: »
    Forgetting your parachute.

At least you'll have the rest of your life to think about it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

That thing where you're drunk and you think you can do that flame swallowing trick so you give it a go and instead of burning your mouth like you expected the flame turns into a snake and wraps itself around you and you start choking and crying for your mammy and then your ex-girlfriend is there and she wants to talk about a passive-agressive tweet you sent that she thinks is about her but it wasn't about her it was about the guy who plays the jock DJ sports guy on Fraiser and now he's in the mix and getting angry at you too and everyone's shouting and suddenly you wake up and there's flames shooting out of the chip pan and you get fired from Burger King.

So to answer your question... falling asleep at work.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,856 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

becoming Catholic

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,476 ✭✭✭Dave0301

Trusting a fart after mile 20 in a marathon.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

yellow snow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,818 ✭✭✭Chris_Bradley

Call out her sister's name at a very wrong time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭JustShon

Call out her sister's name at a very wrong time.

While riding her ma?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,818 ✭✭✭Chris_Bradley

JustShon wrote: »
    While riding her ma?

LMAO!!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Speaking out of turn/place.

I remember one time I was caddying for my Dad, I was about 12 at the time. He was doing his nut about his driving and I told him to start using an iron off the tee. Not a good idea:o:o

He glared at me and said, just pull the bag and keep your mouth shut. I didn't utter a single word for the rest of the round. :D

The last thing a man wants when he's struggling with his game is some clueless snot nosed brat trying to give advice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Rakish Paddy

Letting rip full force with a fart, despite my stomach feeling a little iffy. Always, ALWAYS let out a little test fart before you commit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

I always seem to make the same mistake a couple of times, just to be sure.
    Though rubbing my eyes while chopping chilli is something I've decided is definately a mistake and don't need to do it again

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Waking up that morning ....

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭niavd

JustShon wrote: »
    While riding her ma?

pmsl

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭weemcd

Friend of mine had 3 kids to the same woman by the time we were ~23. None planned of course, they didn't ever even have a good relationship, 100% drama all the time. First time could have happened to anyone, fair enough. 2nd time the girl should have been on birth control or whatever, 3rd time? what is the matter with both of you? wear a condom or get the pill FFS.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭pawrick

Brought my gf at the time to meet some of my friends but i mistakenly introduced her using her friends name instead. Worse was i didn't even realise until we were sitting and i kept getting the death stares from her and asked what was wrong. Apparently a lot was.

Wearing a t-shirt with short sleeves while picking up a feral cat.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

trying to open your eyes underwater in The Dead Sea.

Jesus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,001 ✭✭✭recylingbin

Shaving your balls with a blender.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 stupid_is_as _stupid_does

trying to open your eyes underwater in The Dead Sea.

Jesus.

I thought it was just me. Definitely not a mistake you make twice.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭monkeysnapper

I remember years ago when I worked in a photoshop we used to have a kiosk that we had to send the customers photos to and it only took a compact flash card so we used to transfer the customers photos to our own card.

This one day a lady came in with a full compact flash card exactly same make as ours and I mistakenly thought it was ours and when I went to put another customers card to it and it was full I deleted whole card and filled it with other customers .

The photos were a ladies own photos of daughters wedding .

Didn't make that mistake twice .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

Dave0301 wrote: »
    Trusting a fart after mile 20 in a marathon.
    How are things now Sir Paula?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

Was in a hurry and drove off with my phone on the roof of my car today. Still fuming :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭FortySeven

Sticking the dick in crazy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

FortySeven wrote: »
    Sticking the dick in crazy.

They're the best kind

Advertisement