Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

New Businesses opening in Dublin 15

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

Patww79 wrote: »
    I think the moreish does hot rolls in other ones I've seen so that should be OK.

Did anyone notice if they have pumps you can pay by card at? It's so handy in places like J14 on the M7 that at busy times you can just do that and go on your way. The one in Clonee village had just put in new pumps but didn't bother with those and it was really needed there as you wouldn't swing a cat outside it.

Didn't notice any pay by card pumps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

January wrote: »
    1.16 for diesel and I think either 124 or 126 for petrol

That a few cent more for diesel than other spots I think. I haven't filled up in about 10 days but I'm sure I paid under 1.10 then.

According to pumps.ie it's average for the area. Husband said petrol was 1.26.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

This post has been deleted.

Pumps 1 & 2 definitely have a pay at pump facility. Not sure about the others.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Same as myself but mainly for Costa. I know many aren't fans but I am ever since a nice barista gave me a double or treble shot of vanilla on the house in my latte one Christmas eve a few years ago at the one in the M4 services. I'm still chasing that high. Saves the hassle of the traffic, and queues, of going to the one in the centre.

The menu for chopped does look appealing though.

There's a Costa around the corner from the new place....if you can sneak in past security ;)

Went into the petrol station for a wander, looks nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,905 ✭✭✭dodzy

1.16 for diesel and I think either 124 or 126 for petrol
    I know I'm being pedantic, but 1.16 for daysul is a bit rich for the area.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭SnakePlissken

There's a Costa around the corner from the new place....if you can sneak in past security ;)

Went into the petrol station for a wander, looks nice.

Where is this Costa that you speak of :)

There's nothing on it would interest me, a roll is grand. With the Moreish everyone is covered anyway.

A salad in place of a greasy breakfast roll every once in a while isn't going to kill you, quite the opposite in fact.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

dodzy wrote: »

It was 112.9 in the petrol station in Mulhuddart village today

• Advertisement

They are quite lovely though :) Had two since they've opened and they were incredibly tasty.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Petrol and diesel have crept up everywhere since Christmas and still are it seems. The 99c a litre diesel back then is a distant memory.

ongarboy wrote: »
    Petrol and diesel have crept up everywhere since Christmas and still are it seems. The 99c a litre diesel back then is a distant memory.
    ah I know that. But 4c dearer than the topaz less than 1000mtrs away.....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭Bandara

ah I know that. But 4c dearer than the topaz less than 1000mtrs away.....

Maxol are pretty much always the dearest of the brands

They will always be 3-5 cent dearer than their competition

• Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Where is this Costa that you speak of :)
    IBM campus, not exacly accessible :(

Bandara wrote: »
    Maxol are pretty much always the dearest of the brands

They will always be 3-5 cent dearer than their competition
    I never really had the same experience, for example the Maxol on the Navan Road in Cabra is the best price in that area.

Diesel is 112.9 today. It's absolutely jammers in there today.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

Diesel is 112.9 today. It's absolutely jammers in there today.

Not exactly cheap for Diesel, will stick with Esso near Fairyhouse Racecourse at 106.9 per litre.

111.9 diesel last night. That's some drop in 2 days! They copped on its good to see

• Registered Users Posts: 23,776 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

It was a mess there this morning, they were running gradually out of fuel and the prepay requirement certainly wasnt helping. Why they didnt put EPOS on all pumps i dont know. Took me about 15 mins just to get some diesel

The food outlets were busy with curious natives however.

• Advertisement

Larbre34 wrote: »
    It was a mess there this morning, they were running gradually out of fuel and the prepay requirement certainly wasnt helping. Why they didnt put EPOS on all pumps i dont know. Took me about 15 mins just to get some diesel

The food outlets were busy with curious natives however.

I think I'll leave it a couple of weeks before I mosey in to give them time to address teething issues and let the novelty crowds die down.

ongarboy wrote: »
    I think I'll leave it a couple of weeks before I mosey in to give them time to address teething issues and let the novelty crowds die down.

Definitely do that. The food outlets seem to have hit the ground running, each and every one of them was getting good business yesterday. There is only one baby chair at the moment but a manager told me they have 5 more on order, so that's good. A bag full of rubbish was left beside me yesterday while eating, a manager noticed it about a minute after it was left and rushed over to get it out of the way, so a few teething problems with floor staff but nothing major.

Second problem they've had with the petrol in as many days though, they need to sort that out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Knine

Where exactly is it? Do you have to go on the N3 to get there or can you access it from Mulhuddart/ Ladyswell?

Or through Damastown from Ladyswell Road, left at first roundabout and first left for entry in.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭MacauDragon

Top of ongar road (ongar end) by the roundabout. Big sign with the words 'guess whats hatching here' and a picture of a chicken.

First guess ... A kfc.

Please no.

I saw that too. It looked like an Easter banner - couldn't figure it out. I''m 99% certain it's not a restaurant as that area has recently been given permission for 100s of apartments and houses. Unless that's what the banner is referring to but it seems like an odd way of announcing a residential development.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

Top of ongar road (ongar end) by the roundabout. Big sign with the words 'guess whats hatching here' and a picture of a chicken.

First guess ... A kfc.

Please no.

Would that not go against sighting fast food outlets beside school ?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

I thought it was quite obviously advertising new houses (birds' nest = human houses).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,776 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

There is no zoning at that location to allow for a KFC or anything similar, so whatever it is, its not that. I cant see a major fast food chain moving into Ongar village anytime soon either!

Advertisement