Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

C2:14050 Who's still Waiting?

• 02-04-2016 11:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭

I thought a fresh thread might be a good way of finding out who is still in the glorious waiting room.

I Passed my PCA mid Feb 2016 and my Medical 1st week of March 2016. Waiting room for one month thus far.

I wish they'd put some magazines in here.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Goonerdee

PCA soon. Hoping to get into the waiting room.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Elorfanato

I've passed everything. Had a small complication with my medical but all sorted now. Vetting passed early Feb. Eagerly awaiting the call. Fingers crossed!

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭networksearch1

I'm awaiting my medical date.
    Vetting passed ages ago.
    Pca resit passed two weeks ago

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭iamveryhopeful

as with all "waiting rooms" nobody chooses to speak to me. I'm so lonely.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭PCbobby

*cough*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 takemeaway

Hey, I'm waiting on my medical. Any one who has done the medical already. How far away are you from the screen for the eyesight test? Might be a silly question!

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Delilahbeau

Hopefully it'll not be to long from the next set of calls. The April intake calls went out 4 weeks ago.

As for those waiting to do the pca... I ate an entire pack of Trebor strong mints before going in. Gives you a real sugar hit. Came in very handy. Something worth considering.

takemeaway wrote:
    Hey, I'm waiting on my medical. Any one who has done the medical already. How far away are you from the screen for the eyesight test? Might be a silly question!

Hey!
    You're about 2-3 meters away (think generic drs surgery). I'm shortsighted with a -2.00 prescription. With no contacts in I couldn't read past the 4th line, and passed with no hiccups. The nurse told me I was still within the acceptable standards, because that is what I was most worried about.

Brilliant thanks so much! Hopefully will be ok then!

takemeaway wrote:
    Brilliant thanks so much! Hopefully will be ok then!

You'll be absolutely grand. No worries, if you have any other q's just drop me a message:)

• Advertisement

I was most worried about the doctor laughing at the idea I was a guy whenever I had to strip off.

Fair play, he hid his laughter well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Mop a top

April calls were a week early cos our I suction was supposed to be Easter weekend. I reckon 18th

Medical date received,surprised it's as close as it is...not complaining tho!

Medical date received,surprised it's as close as it is...not complaining tho!

Might put you in with a chance of April calls :)

Hmm never thought of that actually,lol,I think I would miss them by possibly a half a week or a week, but we will have to wait and see! Fingers crossed!
    Can I ask after you complete your medical do you get a letter to say you have/have not passed in the post,or is it only if you do not pass you receive one?

Letter in a couple of days. Results of SMT takeva week, you don't hear about them though.

Mine took more than a week... The smt company took a week off for easter. Phoned two weeks ago and they weren't back yet, phoned yesterday and they were (medical was four weeks ago). Vetting is also extended so woohoo!! Ring me please 

Mine took more than a week... The smt company took a week off for easter. Phoned two weeks ago and they weren't back yet, phoned yesterday and they were (medical was four weeks ago). Vetting is also extended so woohoo!! Ring me please 

mine took ages too as they told me they hadn't even discovered some of the drugs that were present in my system.

This has probably been posted before but does anyone have a contact number? I need to contact them regarding my medical.

Just call 101 and ask to be put through

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 schmeichel

Hi folks, apologies in advance as I am sure this has been covered here before, I cannot find it!

Been following these threads as I am in this recruitment process - done my medical last week and have received my letter.

Is it a case of waiting until I receive a call now for GV? Do I need to keep my phone by my side or will they email/send a letter?

Anyone know when the next batch (if any) will be going to GV? I am assuming that I might be ok as I've got all my stages completed before the end of the campaign, and the PSNI would not spend money like this if we weren't going to be put through!

schmeichel wrote: »
    Hi folks, apologies in advance as I am sure this has been covered here before, I cannot find it!

Been following these threads as I am in this recruitment process - done my medical last week and have received my letter.

Is it a case of waiting until I receive a call now for GV? Do I need to keep my phone by my side or will they email/send a letter?

Anyone know when the next batch (if any) will be going to GV? I am assuming that I might be ok as I've got all my stages completed before the end of the campaign, and the PSNI would not spend money like this if we weren't going to be put through!

I hope your optimism proves to be correct. There are a few of us waiting with everything passed and we are panicking with the supposed end of the 1405 recruitment coming up soon.

I think you just get a phone call at this stage, no letter or email. Based on approximations, I think next set of calls are due to go out next week....

Oh and by the way, congratulations on having passed all the stages buddy ;)

Thanks for your reply!!

I am optimistic however I am not too sure how long this will last for! I can only imagine how people like yourself who have had a longer wait than myself are feeling!

Good luck!!

Thanks for your reply!!

I am optimistic however I am not too sure how long this will last for! I can only imagine how people like yourself who have had a longer wait than myself are feeling!

Good luck!!

well much like myself you'll have applied sometime around May 2014 for this 1405 campaign so realistically the wait has been the same (ridiculous if you ask me).

There are others who applied in the prior campaign and are still waiting/just received their call so their wait is even greater.

I'm not overly optimistic about the upcoming calls if I am being completely honest. I just hope though I am in with a shout in what seems to then be the very last set of calls after this next set.

Are you in 1509 recruitment campaign too?

schmeichel wrote:

Welcome to the wait!
    Yep, it is just a case of waiting now.... There's a few of us in this bit.

What happens now is the details of every candidate who have passed the medical and SMT are put onto a merit list. This list is where HR do the choosing for the next intake. We don't know when these calls may be, but general concensus is beginning next week. So, provided your SMT is good and the results come through on time, you're time enough to be in the running for the may intake.

That'll be a phone call from a withheld number to you. So, pick up all unknown numbers. Once you accept the job offer from them, a welcome pack is sent to your home address the next day (or tge day after that) with a ton of information. A few weeks after the phone call comes the induction weekend, where you get abother ton of information, a tour and a uniform fitting.

The wait is just the fun bit. -_-.

Welcome to the wait!
    Yep, it is just a case of waiting now.... There's a few of us in this bit.

What happens now is the details of every candidate who have passed the medical and SMT are put onto a merit list. This list is where HR do the choosing for the next intake. We don't know when these calls may be, but general concensus is beginning next week. So, provided your SMT is good and the results come through on time, you're time enough to be in the running for the may intake.

That'll be a phone call from a withheld number to you. So, pick up all unknown numbers. Once you accept the job offer from them, a welcome pack is sent to your home address the next day (or tge day after that) with a ton of information. A few weeks after the phone call comes the induction weekend, where you get abother ton of information, a tour and a uniform fitting.

The wait is just the fun bit. -_-.

as long as they give me a tour of the bathroom as I'd be ****ting myself at that point! :D

as long as they give me a tour of the bathroom as I'd be ****ting myself at that point!

Well, try and not get it on the trousers. I don't think they'd take too kindly to that.

well much like myself you'll have applied sometime around May 2014 for this 1405 campaign so realistically the wait has been the same (ridiculous if you ask me).

There are others who applied in the prior campaign and are still waiting/just received their call so their wait is even greater.

I'm not overly optimistic about the upcoming calls if I am being completely honest. I just hope though I am in with a shout in what seems to then be the very last set of calls after this next set.

Are you in 1509 recruitment campaign too?

No for some reason I didn't apply in the latest campaign! I think I had received a letter referring to the 14050 campaign saying that the process was on hold due to budget pressures, and not to expect a reply any time soon and this maybe put me off!

No for some reason I didn't apply in the latest campaign! I think I had received a letter referring to the 14050 campaign saying that the process was on hold due to budget pressures, and not to expect a reply any time soon and this maybe put me off!

as with delilahbeau above, I applied for 1509 with the thinking that it'd be quicker than waiting on 1405. haha.

2 years is such a long time, if everyone still waiting can remember back to where they were in life when they applied 2 years ago.

I actually chose not to apply for the recruitment campaign before 1405 as I thought I would give the new (at that time) job a good go.

How wrong was I.

• Advertisement

as with delilahbeau above, I applied for 1509 with the thinking that it'd be quicker than waiting on 1405. haha.

Here. What if we get PCA dates soon.... The PT guy would just look at me and go 'i thought I'd just gotten rid of you'.... :B

Here. What if we get PCA dates soon.... The PT guy would just look at me and go 'i thought I'd just gotten rid of you'.... :B

I don't think I could face the doctor failing to hide his smirk whenever he has me stripped to my g string. I mean y fronts. definitely skirt.....

speaking of pca and skirts, did anyone else turn up to their pca wearing one of these? the flexibility of all the jumping and running cannot be matched in anything other than a skirt.

I'm a guy btw.....

I don't think I could face the doctor failing to hide his smirk whenever he has me stripped to my g string. I mean y fronts. definitely skirt.....

Anyone with a bit of sense brought shorts with them. I think it was more the hairy legs and false nails that done you over...

Anyone with a bit of sense brought shorts with them. I think it was more the hairy legs and false nails that done you over...

my bum looks big in shorts.

and I'm not taking the nails off. my mummy says I look pretty.

so there.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 JROB

Hi all! I'm new here and was just after a bit of advice. I find this whole process really confusing!

A bit of background first off.

I first applied for psni back in septenber 2014. I passed the AC in '14 but unfortunately my overall mark wasn't high enough and was told in early 2015 my application wouldn't continue on in the process.
    Jan 2016, received letter that application was being picked up again. Vetting forms sent off but havent heard back from that yet. Physical took place in march and passed and I'm now waiting to do my medical.

Having read most of the threads, I'm questioning whether or not I will get a call at all if I happen to pass all stages. I binned all correspondents when I was told my application would not continue so I've no idea what campaign I even applied to.

I live in England, so I've been flying back and forth for each stage, and if I'm honest I'm completely out of the loop with what way this whole process works. I read that the next set of calls will be the last? So in my case, with my medical still to do, chances are I won't get a call?

Any help and advice would be much appreciated.

Hey buddy.
    First of all, welcome.

Now from reading this, I have a couple of notes. If you applied in September 2013 (Not 2014), you would have been C1. If you applied in 2014, then it would have been April/May time, not September. Likelyhood of you being called up for a C1 application (if your UID started with 13090) is minimal. Everyone who has started GV recently/received phonecalls/waiting on phonecalls/waiting for medicals etc are of C2 (14050 UID numbers), so I believe you're in C2.

A few people are still waiting on medicals, and that's OK - however, you can only be called up once your medical and SMT come back clear, so that kind of puts you out of the running for the next set of calls (expected (completely theoretically I'll add) next week) unless the drugs company are pretty nippy about releasing your results to the database.

We don't know how many more intakes there are coming for C2, especially with Ac results for C3 being released on friday. The top C3 candidates can only really start GV in September this year after they have passed their PCA's etc, all in all which takes about 4-5 months.

However, it's not over until the fat lady sings. We're all in with a fighting chance. Head up. But what I will say is I hope you done the smart thing and applied in September 2015 for campaign three.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Johannes_Cabal

JROB wrote: »
    Hi all! I'm new here and was just after a bit of advice. I find this whole process really confusing!

A bit of background first off.

I first applied for psni back in septenber 2014. I passed the AC in '14 but unfortunately my overall mark wasn't high enough and was told in early 2015 my application wouldn't continue on in the process.
    Jan 2016, received letter that application was being picked up again. Vetting forms sent off but havent heard back from that yet. Physical took place in march and passed and I'm now waiting to do my medical today.

Having read most of the threads, I'm questioning whether or not I will get a call at all if I happen to pass all stages. I binned all correspondents when I was told my application would not continue so I've no idea what campaign I even applied to.

I live in England, so I've been flying back and forth for each stage, and if I'm honest I'm completely out of the loop with what way this whole process works. I read that the next set of calls will be the last? So in my case, with my medical still to do, chances are I won't get a call?

Any help and advice would be much appreciated.

It would be campaign 2 as they haven't phased candidwfrom campaign 3 as far as I know.

In my opinion it's not over until you are told it is. If it's the job you want just continue with the process and complete each stage as it comes, it could be that you don't get a call but at least you will have done your best to be in with a shout.

To be honest nobody really knows when the campaign will close.

Also, if I were you I would edit the post to remove the date of your medical, better safe than sorry.

there is also a sense of satisfaction completing each stage successfully even if (and I hope not) you didn't end up getting a call (not you specifically but in general anyone).

would give me a bit of confidence throughout the next recruitment campaign (in this case 1509).

Although in saying that, the assessment centre for 1405 did not help me in the end for the assessment centre for 1509. lol.

so just ignore my nonsensical rants.

so just ignore my nonsensical rants.

... He likes the sound of his typing too much.

Thanks for your replies.

I didn't apply again because when they told me I wasn't continuing in the process my wife and I decided to move and buy our dream house as we were expecting our first child. So really its going to be now or never for me.
    I just don't get why they would call us up for each stage if they weren't going to make an offer of employment if each stage is passed. Why spend all that money?

How do I edit my previous post please?

Thanks for your replies.

I didn't apply again because when they told me I wasn't continuing in the process my wife and I decided to move and buy our dream house as we were expecting our first child. So really its going to be now or never for me.
    I just don't get why they would call us up for each stage if they weren't going to make an offer of employment if each stage is passed. Why spend all that money?

very nearly chose not to re-apply myself for the very same reason (the budget cut letter for 1405).

if you had the answer to that question you'd be the most popular person on here.

I'd like to think they wouldn't be putting people through the pca and medical at this late stage unless there was a chance of offering them a place at G.V (upon passing). However, I know nothing and (as above) I like the sound of my own typing.

• Advertisement

... He likes the sound of his typing too much.

is there someone on here you can report cyber bullying to.

I hope you know your nasty comment has me in tears.

(tears of laughter because you couldn't be more right) :D

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Johannes_Cabal

Thanks for your replies.

The majority of the time the recruitment process for the PSNI makes no sense, well to us on the outside anyway. There were people in campaign 1 who didn't get a call but I don't know whether that was down to medical and vetting lapsing.

To edit your post there is a small button on the bottom right of the post you want to edit.

Congratulations on the baby and home!

Here now, you could very well be in for a late phone call, you just never know. I very much hope that you do!

There really is no way of knowing until you get that call or a dear John letter. It really is just a case of HR picking your name off a list and calling you when they get the go ahead. Continue living life as you do, and look as it like if you get the call, its a bonus. The wait is long, but it is worth it. And, we're not a bad bunch. Although, if you do bring babs over.... Elocution lessons. No one deserves this thrust upon them....

I guess we just have to hang on in there then. Can't help but feel we are living in limbo at the moment though. So much we want to do to the new house but don't want to spend the money if there is a chance we won't be here much longer.

Thanks alot for all your advice. I think I'm a little more clued up now on what's going on.

Also, does anyone know how I can find out if my vetting has cleared?

I'll send you a PM with the email address.

I'll send you a PM with the email address.

Thanks alot ☺

Anyone from Tuesday's medical hear any word yet? This day is dragging, I am torturing myself!

takemeaway wrote: »
    Anyone from Tuesday's medical hear any word yet? This day is dragging, I am torturing myself!

Got my letter yesterday mate

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭PCbobby

Got my letter yesterday mate

It takes a week to clear drugs test apparently. Keep that in mind. I have heard of someone getting call the week after, so that would be Tuesday. No guarantees but thought that would be helpful.

• Advertisement
Advertisement