Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

C2:14050 Who's still Waiting?

• 02-04-2016 11:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭

I thought a fresh thread might be a good way of finding out who is still in the glorious waiting room.

I Passed my PCA mid Feb 2016 and my Medical 1st week of March 2016. Waiting room for one month thus far.

I wish they'd put some magazines in here.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Goonerdee

PCA soon. Hoping to get into the waiting room.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Elorfanato

I've passed everything. Had a small complication with my medical but all sorted now. Vetting passed early Feb. Eagerly awaiting the call. Fingers crossed!

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭networksearch1

I'm awaiting my medical date.
    Vetting passed ages ago.
    Pca resit passed two weeks ago

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭iamveryhopeful

as with all "waiting rooms" nobody chooses to speak to me. I'm so lonely.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭PCbobby

*cough*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 takemeaway

Hey, I'm waiting on my medical. Any one who has done the medical already. How far away are you from the screen for the eyesight test? Might be a silly question!

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Delilahbeau

Hopefully it'll not be to long from the next set of calls. The April intake calls went out 4 weeks ago.

As for those waiting to do the pca... I ate an entire pack of Trebor strong mints before going in. Gives you a real sugar hit. Came in very handy. Something worth considering.

takemeaway wrote:
    Hey, I'm waiting on my medical. Any one who has done the medical already. How far away are you from the screen for the eyesight test? Might be a silly question!

Hey!
    You're about 2-3 meters away (think generic drs surgery). I'm shortsighted with a -2.00 prescription. With no contacts in I couldn't read past the 4th line, and passed with no hiccups. The nurse told me I was still within the acceptable standards, because that is what I was most worried about.

Brilliant thanks so much! Hopefully will be ok then!

takemeaway wrote:
    Brilliant thanks so much! Hopefully will be ok then!

You'll be absolutely grand. No worries, if you have any other q's just drop me a message:)

• Advertisement

I was most worried about the doctor laughing at the idea I was a guy whenever I had to strip off.

Fair play, he hid his laughter well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Mop a top

April calls were a week early cos our I suction was supposed to be Easter weekend. I reckon 18th

Medical date received,surprised it's as close as it is...not complaining tho!

Medical date received,surprised it's as close as it is...not complaining tho!

Might put you in with a chance of April calls :)

Hmm never thought of that actually,lol,I think I would miss them by possibly a half a week or a week, but we will have to wait and see! Fingers crossed!
    Can I ask after you complete your medical do you get a letter to say you have/have not passed in the post,or is it only if you do not pass you receive one?

Letter in a couple of days. Results of SMT takeva week, you don't hear about them though.

Mine took more than a week... The smt company took a week off for easter. Phoned two weeks ago and they weren't back yet, phoned yesterday and they were (medical was four weeks ago). Vetting is also extended so woohoo!! Ring me please 

Mine took more than a week... The smt company took a week off for easter. Phoned two weeks ago and they weren't back yet, phoned yesterday and they were (medical was four weeks ago). Vetting is also extended so woohoo!! Ring me please 

mine took ages too as they told me they hadn't even discovered some of the drugs that were present in my system.

This has probably been posted before but does anyone have a contact number? I need to contact them regarding my medical.

Just call 101 and ask to be put through

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 schmeichel

Hi folks, apologies in advance as I am sure this has been covered here before, I cannot find it!

Been following these threads as I am in this recruitment process - done my medical last week and have received my letter.

Is it a case of waiting until I receive a call now for GV? Do I need to keep my phone by my side or will they email/send a letter?

Anyone know when the next batch (if any) will be going to GV? I am assuming that I might be ok as I've got all my stages completed before the end of the campaign, and the PSNI would not spend money like this if we weren't going to be put through!

schmeichel wrote: »
    Hi folks, apologies in advance as I am sure this has been covered here before, I cannot find it!

Been following these threads as I am in this recruitment process - done my medical last week and have received my letter.

Is it a case of waiting until I receive a call now for GV? Do I need to keep my phone by my side or will they email/send a letter?

Anyone know when the next batch (if any) will be going to GV? I am assuming that I might be ok as I've got all my stages completed before the end of the campaign, and the PSNI would not spend money like this if we weren't going to be put through!

I hope your optimism proves to be correct. There are a few of us waiting with everything passed and we are panicking with the supposed end of the 1405 recruitment coming up soon.

I think you just get a phone call at this stage, no letter or email. Based on approximations, I think next set of calls are due to go out next week....

Oh and by the way, congratulations on having passed all the stages buddy ;)

Thanks for your reply!!

I am optimistic however I am not too sure how long this will last for! I can only imagine how people like yourself who have had a longer wait than myself are feeling!

Good luck!!

Thanks for your reply!!

I am optimistic however I am not too sure how long this will last for! I can only imagine how people like yourself who have had a longer wait than myself are feeling!

Good luck!!

well much like myself you'll have applied sometime around May 2014 for this 1405 campaign so realistically the wait has been the same (ridiculous if you ask me).

There are others who applied in the prior campaign and are still waiting/just received their call so their wait is even greater.

I'm not overly optimistic about the upcoming calls if I am being completely honest. I just hope though I am in with a shout in what seems to then be the very last set of calls after this next set.

Are you in 1509 recruitment campaign too?

schmeichel wrote:

Welcome to the wait!
    Yep, it is just a case of waiting now.... There's a few of us in this bit.

What happens now is the details of every candidate who have passed the medical and SMT are put onto a merit list. This list is where HR do the choosing for the next intake. We don't know when these calls may be, but general concensus is beginning next week. So, provided your SMT is good and the results come through on time, you're time enough to be in the running for the may intake.

That'll be a phone call from a withheld number to you. So, pick up all unknown numbers. Once you accept the job offer from them, a welcome pack is sent to your home address the next day (or tge day after that) with a ton of information. A few weeks after the phone call comes the induction weekend, where you get abother ton of information, a tour and a uniform fitting.

The wait is just the fun bit. -_-.

Welcome to the wait!
    Yep, it is just a case of waiting now.... There's a few of us in this bit.

What happens now is the details of every candidate who have passed the medical and SMT are put onto a merit list. This list is where HR do the choosing for the next intake. We don't know when these calls may be, but general concensus is beginning next week. So, provided your SMT is good and the results come through on time, you're time enough to be in the running for the may intake.

That'll be a phone call from a withheld number to you. So, pick up all unknown numbers. Once you accept the job offer from them, a welcome pack is sent to your home address the next day (or tge day after that) with a ton of information. A few weeks after the phone call comes the induction weekend, where you get abother ton of information, a tour and a uniform fitting.

The wait is just the fun bit. -_-.

as long as they give me a tour of the bathroom as I'd be ****ting myself at that point! :D

as long as they give me a tour of the bathroom as I'd be ****ting myself at that point!

Well, try and not get it on the trousers. I don't think they'd take too kindly to that.

well much like myself you'll have applied sometime around May 2014 for this 1405 campaign so realistically the wait has been the same (ridiculous if you ask me).

There are others who applied in the prior campaign and are still waiting/just received their call so their wait is even greater.

I'm not overly optimistic about the upcoming calls if I am being completely honest. I just hope though I am in with a shout in what seems to then be the very last set of calls after this next set.

Are you in 1509 recruitment campaign too?

No for some reason I didn't apply in the latest campaign! I think I had received a letter referring to the 14050 campaign saying that the process was on hold due to budget pressures, and not to expect a reply any time soon and this maybe put me off!

No for some reason I didn't apply in the latest campaign! I think I had received a letter referring to the 14050 campaign saying that the process was on hold due to budget pressures, and not to expect a reply any time soon and this maybe put me off!

as with delilahbeau above, I applied for 1509 with the thinking that it'd be quicker than waiting on 1405. haha.

2 years is such a long time, if everyone still waiting can remember back to where they were in life when they applied 2 years ago.

I actually chose not to apply for the recruitment campaign before 1405 as I thought I would give the new (at that time) job a good go.

How wrong was I.

• Advertisement

as with delilahbeau above, I applied for 1509 with the thinking that it'd be quicker than waiting on 1405. haha.

Here. What if we get PCA dates soon.... The PT guy would just look at me and go 'i thought I'd just gotten rid of you'.... :B

Advertisement