Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PACQUIAO VS BRADLEY 3

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭Andre 3000

I think Bradley is well capable of a mid to late round stoppage, not sure how much Manny has left at all.

Manny is doing live streams almost every day on Facebook and between quick glances at that and seeing some sparring he was doing he looks absolutely awful. In comparison to the Floyd fight where he looked very good all along the camp. That plus the whole injury thing as well as the politics side to his life and the hate he's been getting over the gay remarks, he cannot be in the best state of mind either. Bradley on the other hand looked sensational with Teddy Atlas. Then again Manny has proven me wrong before but I doubt it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭RayK0309

Interesting...Atlas might make a difference but if he doesn't then the result and manner of it I see as being a lot like the first two. Pillow-fisted Timmy is not stopping even a diminished Pacquiao. Who knows though?

RayK0309 wrote: »
    Interesting...Atlas might make a difference but if he doesn't then the result and manner of it I see as being a lot like the first two. Pillow-fisted Timmy is not stopping even a diminished Pacquiao. Who knows though?

He stopped Brandon Rios which was pretty incredible.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

I'm backing Bradley to win for the bants. I've backed him in all the fights and it (wrongly) paid off for one of them. That having been said I've backed Argentina in every World Cup since 1994 (my first bet at age 6) so I'm murder for throwing good money after bad.

I know what y'all are saying but Ríos didn't train properly and wasn't motivated and maybe even had retirement in his mind before his announcement and U-turn. Pacquiao/Arum/Kunz picked Bradley as they can make good money on a fight they've fought before. I just done a search and that fight is on youtube (Bradley/Ríos) with the Lomachenko fight included in english. Imma watch it again...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54,789 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Andre 3000 wrote: »
    He stopped Brandon Rios which was pretty incredible.

Bradley isn't a great hitter, but has enough snap to hurt, and if Manny is careless and walks into one he could be badly hurt. Manny's chin is good, but not rock solid.

Bradely wins another ugly stylistic fight!

walshb wrote: »
    Bradley isn't a great hitter, but has enough snap to hurt, and if Manny is careless and walks into one he could be badly hurt. Manny's chin is good, but not rock solid.

Bradely wins another ugly stylistic fight!

Bradley seemed intent on knocking Manny out the last time and ultimately ended up looking silly but I'm sure he and Atlas will be full on planning on Boxing smart and taking a leaf out of the Mayweather book. I expect Manny to try and put on a show for his last fight and as you say be a little wild and careless and I think Bradley should have enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭DylanAFC

Really looking forward to this now. If this is to be Pacquiao's last time in a ring I hope he gets the win.

This card is being shown on Setanta 1 for anybody that has it. Starting at 2 am.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

Convinced Bradley is going to win a scrappy decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,058 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

I think its Bradleys to lose going on all the evidence we have.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

What time is this scrap on? And what network(s) are covering it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

When did the guy from Law and Order become a boxing ref?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,818 ✭✭✭Chris_Bradley

Bradley wins this v a spent Manny with a points win.

Manny Pacman is a legend and to fight this guy in his last fight though deserves respect.

What a career.

That I can fully get on board with, this is Bradleys to lose as I said but what a career Pacquiao has had.

I hope he can put on a show in his swansong, and I hope he doesn't have money troubles after boxing to the extent he is forced back in to the ring.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

What a KO by Gvozdyk, love watching him fight. The Light Heavy division keeps getting better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

Any idea lads what time Pacquiao/Bradley will start? I see the tv coverage starts at 2. Is it another 5am or later type deal?

edit - actually just thinking its from Vegas which is 8 hours behind so prob will be after 5

The fight should start around 4.30/5am. Pac brings the fire!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,967 ✭✭✭Big Ears

Manuel Perez looks in good shape here, much better than I've seen him previously. Unfortuntaely I think his lack of power will be an issue here and he won't be able to put enough of a dent in Raimrez.

19-19 for me after 2 rounds, but I'm sure Ramirez will be 20-18 up on the judges cards.....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,853 ✭✭✭Morrison J

Oscar Valdez beats Lee Selby on the evidence of tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,661 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

He seemed fairly definitive about retiring in the post fight interview. Although it wouldn't be a surprise if he changes his mind. On this showing he still has something to offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,296 ✭✭✭megadodge

I'm still shocked at all the people who were convinced Bradley was going to win this. And not just win it, but quite a few talking about a stoppage!

Every time Manny fights there are wild stories going around about his distractions and poor training. They were always wrong before.

I also believe Teddy Atlas is nothing special as a trainer. He's a fantastic self-promoter and talks endlessly. I find him hard to listen to, so I wonder what it's like for a boxer under his charge. It's no wonder nobody ever sticks with him for long.

As one of the people convinced of Bradley winning, I am amazed he didn't. I am very surprised at how good Manny last night, it was a marked improvement on anything he has done in a long time, the footwork the defence, they had improved and Bradley mistakes cost him.

It was an extremely close fight again but for the first knock down which was unusual, it changed Bradleys game plan. The second knock down ended the fight basically. Delighted for Pac, delighted to see him box so well and go out on a high, but still don't see anything wrong with the assertion it was Tims to lose before the bout.

He was beat comfortably in the first fight, though he got the win, in the second it looked like it was going to be much closer, and he looked a lot more comfortable until he got injured and his plan went out the window. Ultimately Manny is simply the better fighter and I am glad he turned up in the right frame of mind and right physical condition to show that, but there was plenty of reasons to think Bradley could win this fight well.

I had the fight dead even last night going to the 7th, the knock down there, which was an error as much as anything Pac did turned the fight in his favour and he never looked back.

Anyone believe Manny in saying he'll retire. Last night's performance showed he still has it. He was fantastic last night, I was genuinely shocked at how good he was. I'm 100% certain he couldn't turn down a chance at a ninth division world title vs the Canelo/Khan winner.

Money talks at the end of the day so I would never say never with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,220 ✭✭✭Henno30

Great performance by Manny last night. Showed yet again that he is dynamite in the pocket.

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Chrissybhoy

megadodge wrote: »
    I'm still shocked at all the people who were convinced Bradley was going to win this. And not just win it, but quite a few talking about a stoppage!

Every time Manny fights there are wild stories going around about his distractions and poor training. They were always wrong before.

I also believe Teddy Atlas is nothing special as a trainer. He's a fantastic self-promoter and talks endlessly. I find him hard to listen to, so I wonder what it's like for a boxer under his charge. It's no wonder nobody ever sticks with him for long.

Agree with all of this. He rolled back the years last night in and out hand speed always on his toes never tiring. I've read a lot and listened a lot to people saying can't with till him and Floyd retire. I'll be devastated when the two are definitely gone I still think there's a fight in each of them. They've been brilliant to watch the last 20 years

Agree with all of this. He rolled back the years last night in and out hand speed always on his toes never tiring. I've read a lot and listened a lot to people saying can't with till him and Floyd retire. I'll be devastated when the two are definitely gone I still think there's a fight in each of them. They've been brilliant to watch the last 20 years

Manny yes, but honestly, this is a serious question.

What is it about watching Floyd that you like?

The Pretty Boy Floyd version of Mayweather was one of the most entertaining and satisfying boxers to watch. It's the Mayweather of late that leaves a sour taste in your mouth a little.

• Advertisement

Andre 3000 wrote: »
    The Pretty Boy Floyd version of Mayweather was one of the most entertaining and satisfying boxers to watch. It's the Mayweather of late that leaves a sour taste in your mouth a little.

Agree, I enjoyed his fights at one time. The overriding memory I will have of him as a boxer will be the Mayweather of the last number of years though and I enjoyed very little of him and would have no desire to ever see him box again.

Advertisement