Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

*** Accommodation thread *** Queries & Availability

1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Darius.Tr

Dave47 wrote: »
    has the internet improved there or whats the story? No places for 1st and 2nd years I believe
    I've no idea how their internet is as I'm going there for the 1st year.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭xFROSTY Gx

Eden hall still only have wired internet in bedrooms. Not sure about the speeds though.

Had a look at the accommodation list and nothing really that interests me so I'd say I'll end up looking for apartments in the city centre at this point

• Registered Users Posts: 26 caiminmurp1

Going into my first year in nmci, marine engineering. 17 year old and in need of accommodation around ringaskiddy/carrigaline area, looking to share a house preferably with a student or possibly Someone working around ringaskiddy, I do not have any means of travel, need accommodation soon!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Darius.Tr

Hey, there's a separate boards forum for student accommodation( http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=975# ). You might be able to find something there as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 caiminmurp1

Thanks just did that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,655 ✭✭✭1966

Just looking for yr recommendations for student accommodation near college for September next.

Son is looking at Brookfield Village but from I can see, it's next to UCC so wondering if there's anything specific / nearer to CIT?

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭radar0976

1966 wrote: »
    Just looking for yr recommendations for student accommodation near college for September next.

Son is looking at Brookfield Village but from I can see, it's next to UCC so wondering if there's anything specific / nearer to CIT?
    List of places here which should help.

http://www.cit.ie/studentlife.accommodation#student_apartment

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Finance Grad 2015

1966 wrote: »

Deans Hall - Bishopstown, Eden hall or parchment square

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Solid77

Hello, im planning to stay in Eden Hall this September to do Software Development and I would like to know how fast the internet speed, in mps, in Eden Hall?

Please and Thank You 😃

• Registered Users Posts: 10 m0425

It depends on the time of the day, in the morning I was getting around 2.5 - 3 Mbps and in the evening when there's a lot of people around maybe 1.5 Mbps.
    Just so you know there's no WiFi only Ethernet available and depending on the room you get the wall port can be quite far from the desk/bed. It's best to get at least a 3 meter cable as the one they sell in the office is really short and expensive, 7 euro for a 1 meter cable.

• Advertisement

Really? Thats unbelievably slow :( apart from being close to CIT is there any other benefit in staying in Eden Hall cause from what you said im swerving into Carraigbhaire or Farranheal in City centre and just commuting to CIT?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 m0425

Tbh I wouldn't stay there again. The hot water stopped working and it took a week for somebody to come and fix it. On top of that the fire alarms would go off at night for no reason and there was no way of stopping it. Many sleepless nights.

I've heard good things about parchment square. That's where I'm staying next year.

Unfortunately Parchment and Deans hall are all booked to be honest I chose this place as a fail safe. What i mean is if fail to find another place to stay I might as well live there :( But from what im hearing i might as well find a place in City Centre like Carraigbhaire or Farranheal. At least i can get my €250 deposit back.

Hey can anyone give me any reviews or opinions about Eden Hall, like is it a good place to live? Is it noisy? Are the staff helpful? Etc.

Please and thank you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭ Jase Quick Index

Just wondering why do i get an internal 500 server error when trying to find accomdation especially for parchment square??
    Panicking a bit now..

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Adam4850

Anyone know of any house sharing on Model farm road for college?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭tv3tg4

Any house shares available in Model Farm Road, Bishopstown or Wilton?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 nlavery17

Any advice for first year CIT accommodation? Where is the best place etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭mrmeindl

nlavery17 wrote: »
    Any advice for first year CIT accommodation? Where is the best place etc?

Wherever you can get, most places are probably booked out now so you'll be on a waiting list

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Sol7

Hey guys im just wondering for people who have stayed in Deanshall Bishopstown before how the wifi speed is?

Ive already booked a place with them next cause places were running out so I had no choice :(

I already emailed them about it and they said that each resident has access to 2MB of bandwidth speed, is this true? Also is there a way to ask them to increase this?

Thanks

• Advertisement

Sol7 wrote: »
    Hey guys im just wondering for people who have stayed in Deanshall Bishopstown before how the wifi speed is?

Ive already booked a place with them next cause places were running out so I had no choice :(

I already emailed them about it and they said that each resident has access to 2MB of bandwidth speed, is this true? Also is there a way to ask them to increase this?

Thanks

Ha the speed you'll actually get is about 250-300kb/s. Upload speed is terrible, don't think your able to ask for higher speeds sure wouldn't everyone do the same if they could. If your in one of the above ground floor apartments that gets reasonable 4g coverage tethering is way faster than the wifi.

Have you stayed there recently then?
    Don't care much for uploading stuff.

Really 250 - 300 kbs? Would that be enough to watch something in Youtube though?
    Would it be possible to get your own internet provider? if so what would you suggest?

Sol7 wrote: »
    Have you stayed there recently then?
    Don't care much for uploading stuff.

Really 250 - 300 kbs? Would that be enough to watch something in Youtube though?
    Would it be possible to get your own internet provider? if so what would you suggest?

I'm living there until tomorrow, you'd only be able to get one of the mobile broadband sticks, if you've 4g in your apartment just tether on your phone and switch to three...unlimited data for €20 a month. The internet there is ok for YouTube and Netflix but you're not going to be streaming 4k content.

If the wifi there can play Youtube and Netflix With 250 - 300kbps then thats even if it is 480p :)
    Apart from that is the place fine?

I was contacting DeansHall today about certain queries and they mentioned to me that the internet provided is for studying purposes not for movie streaming.

Does that mean that If I watch something in Youtube my Internet is gonna be restricted or with Netflix?

Has anyone any experience of this when they stayed in DeansHall recently?

Please Help :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2 eimearnr

I will be vacating my student accommodation in Cork city which is located in Bishopstown its called Deans Hall Student accommodation the room is a single bed ensuite and is very spacious the requirements for the room is you must be female as it is an all female dorm room and you must be a first year student. Contact me on this if interested or either phone Dean's Hall Bishopstown. Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Captchar

Hello everyone,
    I'm planning on going to CSM in september. I'm from monaghan so I have no clue about the city itself as I've only been there twice.
    I want good student accommodation that's close to CSM but also has lots of students and general crack. Any ideas? I heard deans hall is awful. Parchment square is a bit far...

Advertisement