Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Billions [Showtime] [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I'm rapidly losing interest in this. Seems like an endless game of carry and mouse proposed with bull**** jargon.
    I'm the total opposite, I fooking love this show. At this stage we should be getting a little into the mind of Axe, but still we have no idea how he works.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Nope, Oscars.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

dd9058be144f3328b03bf09908f30b13acb83fba813a438f7f7f0e767fda2934.jpg

have seen episode 7 - the punch.

Another episode of re-hashing the usual theme of power/control and loyalty.
    Bring something new to game please!
    Maybe see a development in Axelrod's character possibly beyond chest-thumping alpha male?

And the billionaire kids one-day at scout camp thing - seriously?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,476 ✭✭✭squonk

Yeah I thought this episode was the weakest so far. Nothing of major significance really happened I felt. The camping trip... so what? Dinner with the happy friends couple... so what? If it emphasised anything it was just how much a prick the DA really is. Yeah the couple were annoying but he didn't need to react to them like he did!

I hope they're more back on form next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭unplayable

this could be such a good show.good actors and premise but the writing is awful

I really enjoyed that one, developing the family side of Axe and Giamanti showing that he is ruthless in getting the results he wants. He also show the nurturing side in how he is protecting the other guy from doing the dirty stuff, but letitng him know he will need to when he is in the chair.

can't say that I didn't see that coming at the end of that episode!

glasso wrote: »
    can't say that I didn't see that coming at the end of that episode!

much of the episode besides that was boring though - bit of a trial to get through. didn't buy the whole Rhodes not taking the job 'cos the investigation lead was willing to compromise his ethics.

• Advertisement

I dug that episode alot, although there is alot of talking, there are alot of moving pieces that get a reveal. I like that type of setup in a tv show.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭satguy

Still on the fence with this one,, Most Monday's I start off with Madam Secretary and then The Good Wife, then go for Billions..

This week without my two lead ins I found Billions a bit bland,, and it should never be bland given what I watch first..

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

This was the best of my three Monday dramas. The night manager has really failed to draw me in and Vinyl is just a hot mess

This was the best of my three Monday dramas. The night manager has really failed to draw me in and Vinyl is just a hot mess

I think it's quality, it's a coke fueled show, it's like it's directed and written by folk that have been induging with the Bolivian marching powder.

That wouldn't be the most ringing endorsement!

So.... the last scene of episode 9 - I wonder if someone had a part in the symptoms....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭moby2101

So.... the last scene of episode 9 - I wonder if someone had a part in the symptoms....

Donnie lets Axe know he has a terminal illness.....a plan is hatched??

moby2101 wrote: »
    Donnie lets Axe know he has a terminal illness.....a plan is hatched??

possible

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

This is a great show, it's hard to know who is supposed to be the good guys and who's the bad guys. Was it just me or did it come as a shock that Axe is supposed to be 65??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,231 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

Clareman wrote: »
    This is a great show, it's hard to know who is supposed to be the good guys and who's the bad guys. Was it just me or did it come as a shock that Axe is supposed to be 65??
    Where did you get that from? I don't remember the specifics but I was under the impression the character is in his 40s (maybe a bit younger than Damian Lewis actually is) based on stuff that's been said.

• Advertisement

Where did you get that from? I don't remember the specifics but I was under the impression the character is in his 40s (maybe a bit younger than Damian Lewis actually is) based on stuff that's been said.

when axe got out of the freeze chamber thingy his henchman dude (lawyer dude from suits) joked that he was looking good for 65. obviously the OP wasn't in on the joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,231 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

when axe got out of the freeze chamber thingy his henchman dude (lawyer dude from suits) joked that he was looking good for 65. obviously the OP wasn't in on the joke.
    Oh yeah I forgot about that bit, presumably because he was joking.
    Edit: Deleted reference to one of the characters, misread the post.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

The scene with Bobby and Dollar Bill "arguing" in the office was superb.

Axe is a ruthless fook alright - the drug trial - "best not to bring it up".
    Oh a side note - Condola Rashād - the girl in the US attorney's office who got together with Rhoades' protege is very sexy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

The scene with Bobby and Dollar Bill "arguing" in the office was superb.

personally I thought that was a bit cringe.

Axe is a ruthless fook alright - the drug trial - "best not to bring it up".
    Oh a side note - Condola Rashād - the girl in the US attorney's office who got together with Rhoades' protege is very sexy.

She's in Master of None a couple of times. Stunning woman.

Was that office specifically designed for that exact scenario? Soundproof but with glass all around and no blinds.

that was a boring episode. will finish out this season but won't bother with the next year unless I see good reviews.

It's completely lost any sense of what it wants to be. They've messed up by not making any interesting characters outside of Bobby, Wendy, Chuck and Costabile and the cat and mouse game is just not exciting enough to sustain it long term. With so many obnoxious people running around doing uninteresting things there needs to be either a real sense of suspense or some modicum of humour but this has neither.

Has it been renewed? Who's enjoying it at this stage?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,476 ✭✭✭squonk

I still kind of enjoy it but I agree really with the sentiment expressed in the last post. It seems to be a drawn out cat and mouse game now which, when things started out, didn't seem like it would be the case. If it wasn't for Maggie Siff and the lady from the attorney's office, I might have gien up by now.

Advertisement