Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Businesses opening in Dublin 15

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

Pat Dunne wrote: »
    The "M3 Services" will be more than likely be located in an area just east of Dunshaughlin, Co. Meath. Currently at the very early planning stages.

The name of the new Maxol is M3 Mulhuddart Services.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

January wrote: »
    The name of the new Maxol is M3 Mulhuddart Services.

Thanks for that :) , what I was trying to say, that there will be National Roads Authority, Full Service Area located on the actual M3 itself see the following link page 15 & 16 http://www.tii.ie/tii-library/national-roads-conference/nra-national-roads-conference-2014/2.8_Matt-Foy_Kevin-Brady_NRA-Policy-on-Provision-of-Service-Areas.pdf

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Sign today said 6 days to opening, Mulhuddart Services was the name they were using.

Passed by today and it's still not quite done yet. Few more days I think and it'll be ready. Still recruiting too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Opening day pushed back to Wednesday for now I see by the sign.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

I'm curious to try the Chopped outlet in the M3 development. Sounds like an interesting healthy alternative! I hadn't heard of them before but they have a few stores around Dublin according to their website.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

ongarboy wrote: »
    I'm curious to try the Chopped outlet in the M3 development. Sounds like an interesting healthy alternative! I hadn't heard of them before but they have a few stores around Dublin according to their website.

The ones in town are always packed with queues out the door at lunchtimes so they must be doing something right.

Yeah I can't wait to try Chopped either.

I'm excited to have a Supermacs nearby too haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

ongarboy wrote: »

Very big in the US for office work looking for something a little healthier

• Registered Users Posts: 2,834 ✭✭✭Arciphel

They're not a US company, they are Irish. "Chopped is the latest exciting offering from Dublin based entrepreneurs, Brian Lee and Andy Chen".

They are all about selling franchises, so the ones in town are not really any indication as to what the one on the N3 is going to be like. However, having been in the one on Grafton St - I'd say that is a good thing! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,716 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

How about we all meet for a ceremonial christening of Supermacs?! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

Arciphel wrote: »
    They're not a US company, they are Irish. "Chopped is the latest exciting offering from Dublin based entrepreneurs, Brian Lee and Andy Chen".

Ah I was thinking of these, similar-ish name and business model http://choptsalad.com/ :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭rolion

"Enough" of the M3 station located on N3... :)

The Plantagen outside Dunboyne has been closed,sad !
    Walked inside and used to a nice smell and visual view,shocked to see metals and frames... while all stock cleared !

Avoca is planning to open the bigger shop out there
    Link HERE.

Avoca, one of Ireland’s most popular destination retailers, famous for its cafes, food halls, fashion and artisan craft products, is to open outside Dunboyne, in the former Gardenworks/Plantagen premises at Pace. Dunboyne will be Avoca’s 12th store and will be the largest in the Group with some 35,000 square feet of retail space and car parking for 300 cars. 80 new jobs will be created when it opens in the autumn, bringing total employment in Avoca to more than 900 employees. Visitors will be able to enjoy the full Avoca experience as the new store will include a café with an outdoor seating area and children’s play area, food market and retail. Simon Pratt, managing director, Avoca said: “This is our most ambitious store to date. We’re spending more than €3 million to create a gorgeous experience for our customers and they won’t be disappointed. -

In Clonee Village,one of the older pub house has been converted to a car sales / garage.
    Not sure yet what's there,just passed late yesterday and saw cars for sale.

Nice to see Clonee going stronger !
    I know is not "fully" in Dublin 15 but is so close to us that is part of it unknowingly !
    And,with a big datacentre near-by,i see lots of local revenues for Co. Meath and indirectly,for the village.
    Already the Texaco garage is expanding in there...

• Registered Users Posts: 23,716 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

I agree, a lot of money being speculated around Clonee on the back of that Facebook site. There'll be a lot of hungry breakfast rollers roaming around in a few months time!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭AlanG

Clonee badly needs a facelift and some new businesses so hopefully the construction of the Data Center will support some for a couple of years. Once the data centre is open however there will most likely only be 4 or 5 maintenance / tech staff and a few security staff working there most of the time so it wont make much difference to the area.

AlanG wrote: »
    Clonee badly needs a facelift and some new businesses so hopefully the construction of the Data Center will support some for a couple of years. Once the data centre is open however there will most likely only be 4 or 5 maintenance / tech staff and a few security staff working there most of the time so it wont make much difference to the area.

Cloene Village got a recent facelift.
    New road surface,cleaner streets and tidy shops.They got Silver Award on the National Clean Town cometition last year !! The guys at petrol station doing cleaning and looking after rubish and floors all last summer' year.The Village operates as a nice out-of-boundary traffic and mess from Shopping Centre) for some of the people living on the outskits of D15 / Meath border.

Re DataCentre staff,i read many articles quoting random numbers,up to 100 long term jobs. I expect maxim 20-30 droids loking at screens inside the big walls.They will not have an impact on the village but the taxes paid to Co. Meath my be re-reouted to Clonee somehow.Then,are the construction jobs for more than a year...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭Bandara

Arciphel wrote: »

They are all about selling franchises, so the ones in town are not really any indication as to what the one on the N3 is going to be like. However, having been in the one on Grafton St - I'd say that is a good thing! :D

Chopped is a total rip off of several US based chains. This most obvious one of them being Chopt in the states http://choptsalad.com/ and also Chop'd in the UK http://chopd.co.uk/menu

Its very much a fad at the moment hence why they are openign as many franchises while they are in the limelight, they have also signed a distrubition deal with Aramark in europe.

Chopped big problem, imho, is that its not actually that nice. You have these lovely healthy ingredients that look great, then they pulverise them to tiny bits, squirt a dressing onto them and put it into a plastic bowl. The ingredients are all one big ball of a mess and go very soggy very quickly.

they are actully missing a trick in just advertising that if you want you build their own salads and omit the chopped bit !

Not long back from the new 'motorway' services. Spacious, loads of parking, clean, lots of seating. Friendly staff (brought food to the table). Lots of officials around overseeing. Have some pics but won't attach as too big will link them in a few. Very busy.

Well, what ya buy?

Breast of chicken burger meal :p

Kids meals too. They got kites and farm animals as their toys from Supermacs. I'm going to try chopped when I'm next there. The main problem is I live right next to Damastown so it's too close for my liking, serious self control will be needed.

They did have a bit of a problem with the petrol pumps. They're all pre pay so when my husband went in to pay the system went down so we were waiting about 10 minutes for it to come back up.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Breast of chicken burger meal :p

Kids meals too. They got kites and farm animals as their toys from Supermacs. I'm going to try chopped when I'm next there. The main problem is I live right next to Damastown so it's too close for my liking, serious self control will be needed.

They did have a bit of a problem with the petrol pumps. They're all pre pay so when my husband went in to pay the system went down so we were waiting about 10 minutes for it to come back up.

What were the petrol and diesel prices can you remember? Competitive?

so it's too close for my liking, serious self control will be needed.

Same as myself but mainly for Costa. I know many aren't fans but I am ever since a nice barista gave me a double or treble shot of vanilla on the house in my latte one Christmas eve a few years ago at the one in the M4 services. I'm still chasing that high. Saves the hassle of the traffic, and queues, of going to the one in the centre.

The menu for chopped does look appealing though.

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Same as myself but mainly for Costa. I know many aren't fans but I am ever since a nice barista gave me a double or treble shot of vanilla on the house in my latte one Christmas eve a few years ago at the one in the M4 services. I'm still chasing that high. Saves the hassle of the traffic, and queues, of going to the one in the centre.

The menu for chopped does look appealing though.

It's an insomnia not a Costa just so you're not disappointed.

What were the petrol and diesel prices can you remember? Competitive?

1.16 for diesel and I think either 124 or 126 for petrol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

Feic it. Don't mind Insomnia all the same, I'm sure I can settle.

Patww79 wrote: »
    Is it jammers? I usually give these places a month to 6 weeks before trying.
    Do they have a normal deli or is it just the chopped thing? They'd really be missing a trick by going all-in on salad.

It wasn't jammers by any means. Busy but the size of the place compensates for that easily. They have a moreish cafe which looks like a deli and does sandwiches etc (not sure about breakfast rolls or hot chicken fillet rolls if that's what you are after). The insomnia also does pre packed sandwiches.

Patww79 wrote: »
    Do they have a normal deli or is it just the chopped thing? They'd really be missing a trick by going all-in on salad.

Have a look at their menu online, it's much more than salads.

• Advertisement

Advertisement