Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking to buy/ sell a stick? ***READ HERE***

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Placebo wrote: »
    source?

LMGTFY :D

http://www.polygon.com/2016/2/9/10954964/mad-catz-layoffs-restructuring-rock-band-4-sales

They just sacked 37% of their employees, including Markman, who was the community manager for the fightstick division. It might be quite the hit for professional SF as they are pretty much a universal sponsor for bigger tournaments and probably the biggest SF team.

I'm pretty sure that sticks is one of their biggest areas for profit so maybe it'll be business as usual from the outside.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

LMGTFY :D

http://www.polygon.com/2016/2/9/10954964/mad-catz-layoffs-restructuring-rock-band-4-sales

They just sacked 37% of their employees, including Markman, who was the community manager for the fightstick division. It might be quite the hit for professional SF as they are pretty much a universal sponsor for bigger tournaments and probably the biggest SF team.

I'm pretty sure that sticks is one of their biggest areas for profit so maybe it'll be business as usual from the outside.

I did google it actually ;)
    however all the articles were from early last year, so i assumed they had over come some of their hard falls.
    Selling sticks for £200 a pop should mean something

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 2,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rob2D

Placebo wrote: »
    Selling sticks for £200 a pop should mean something

It would if they bothered to sell them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭airmax87

If anyone is looking for a dreamcast stick let me know, have mine up in a dreamcast bundle but grand with selling it alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Speed Boat

Hey all,

Getting rid of my Xbox 360 TE. It's the black s edition. Get in touch if you're interested.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭Azza

I'm interested as my 2009 vintage TE is f**ked sniff sniff.

What condition is your stick in?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,205 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Hi just fully moved to ps4 and need a stick. Any advice appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 18,694 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Venom Stick.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

What's your budget?

What's your budget?

Hoping to get away with 150 as have to buy sf5 aswell

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Hoping to get away with 150 as have to buy sf5 aswell

The Hori Kai is going for £132 sterling on Amazon at the minute. It's been cheaper but still it'd be cheaper than a madcatz sticks which is comparable with parts wise.
    The buttons are the only complaint from some people. I like them personally but I'm a casual at best in fairness.

The venom stick would be one for modding. If I had the spare cash I'd buy one for "player 2" in the house and mod the hell out of it.

Venom is fine even without mods. Execution isn't a major issue in SFV anyway so you can get away with less than great buttons.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭earlyapex

Hey all,
    I have a Hori HRAP3 for offer.

I have swapped out the 8 face buttons with Sanwa ones and a new ball top too.
    The original buttons and ball are in the original box unused.
    Box and joystick are in perfect condition as its barely used.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Ixayek_usurper

Gents, have any of ye tried the Cherry D44x microswitches?
    https://www.focusattack.com/cherry-d44x-75g-187-microswitch/

I have to replace my D2RV-G silencer switches, none in stock in the usual places (FA, AWUK or Paradise), so looking to go with an alternative.

Gents, have any of ye tried the Cherry D44x microswitches?
    https://www.focusattack.com/cherry-d44x-75g-187-microswitch/

I have to replace my D2RV-G silencer switches, none in stock in the usual places (FA, AWUK or Paradise), so looking to go with an alternative.

Yeah, I have a bunch of them for my cab. Good switch IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Shrekdavid

Hey guys I have a hrap 4 kai for sale. Good condition cause it wasn't used very much. 110€ or nearest offer. Hopefully can find it a good home. P.S. I can't post the adverts.ie link here for some reason but just look up hori over there and you'll find it

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭shane9fingers

Does anybody happen to have a silent hayabusa with the optical switch? I think they were only in the silent hori sticks, but I'm wondering if anyone has pulled one out to put in a sanwa or seimitsu or some other stick.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,694 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Does anybody happen to have a silent hayabusa with the optical switch? I think they were only in the silent hori sticks, but I'm wondering if anyone has pulled one out to put in a sanwa or seimitsu or some other stick.

I highly doubt anyone buying the expensive Silent version decided that they wanted to go back to clicky Sanwa after!

Have you looked into an optical Sanwa JLF kit?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭shane9fingers

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    I highly doubt anyone buying the expensive Silent version decided that they wanted to go back to clicky Sanwa after!

Have you looked into an optical Sanwa JLF kit?

I agree, it does sound a bit mad, but you never know! I found arcade shock selling them: Link to ArcadeShock
    $60 + $25ish for the cheapest UPS shipping. Bit more than my hobby budget will allow at the mo.

I was exploring the sanwa flash or gamerfinger idea. Total hack to get it into a hayabusa. Can't be sure if it'll work right either. I'd give it a whack if I thought it would deffo work right.

• Hi Guys. Long time no post.

I'm selling my Qanba Q4 three-in-one fight stick and custom carry case. Mint condition.

Happy to split items up if needed if case isn't of interest. I also have a clear plexi, for the Q4, and an octo gate for the Sanwa JLF if anyone needs parts for mods. Stick is VERY clean, no wear, used very little.

Adverts link:
    http://www.adverts.ie/11198942

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Hi Guys. Long time no post.

I'm selling my Qanba Q4 three-in-one fight stick and custom carry case. Mint condition.

Happy to split items up if needed if case isn't of interest. I also have a clear plexi, for the Q4, and an octo gate for the Sanwa JLF if anyone needs parts for mods. Stick is VERY clean, no wear, used very little.

Adverts link:
    http://www.adverts.ie/11198942

MackDaddy! I remember you and your lovely stick/case, although it appears to be missing your custom Mackdaddy art work! We played some casuals at an XGC event once. Possibly an overnighter.

Whatever happened to you? You seemed to drop out of the scene hard after attending that one event?

• Hey man, yeah that was me. I had 2 kids, and my responsibilities in work went through the roof too (stupid career progression). I had to squeeze out a few hobbies, and i just couldn't justify the time that staying competitive at streetfighter (and video games in general) took and still keep everyone at home happy at the same time...

I guess i finally took Guile's advice and went home to be a family man! :D

The stick is the same one, i just modded it back to stock and put the original plexi back on in place of the custom artwork one. It's mint. It's sat in the case unused and perfectly stored for the last couple of years, with the exception of a couple of runs to blow the dust off it and make sure it stayed in good nick.

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Mitchomagic

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭joconnell

My ps3 died so I've got a madcatz se with a Seimitsu LS-32-01 and akihabara buttons that kiki supplied. I picked up one of the tatsunoko sticks se type sticks with the intention of setting it up for windows which has never been opened too. €60 for the SE and €30 for the tatsunoko?

joconnell wrote: »
    My ps3 died so I've got a madcatz se with a Seimitsu LS-32-01 and akihabara buttons that kiki supplied. I picked up one of the tatsunoko sticks se type sticks with the intention of setting it up for windows which has never been opened too. €60 for the SE and €30 for the tatsunoko?

I'll happily take the TvC stick.

Will have to wait until payday though.

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭joconnell

All good chopper, not going anywhere soon. Do people still meet in xgc?

joconnell wrote: »
    All good chopper, not going anywhere soon. Do people still meet in xgc?

XGC is no more. Wigwam on Wednesday nights now.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

XGC is no more. Wigwam on Wednesday nights now.

Mr O Connell is most welcome at any event I'm running, too :)

Advertisement