Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Looking to buy/ sell a stick? ***READ HERE***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,972 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

From playasia about €60 shipping and maybe the same on customs. Just get it from the UK site everyone else does.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Not related to stick buying/selling, but didn't want to make a separate thread. Anyone know if a PS4 dualmod option will be doable for Xbox sticks by march? Or does that even work? I don't know the ins and outs of how they work, if they're reliable or what the deal is with Sony/Capcom regarding such. The thoughts of forking out 200 quid for a PS4 stick when I have a perfectly fine Xbox stick that I love, gives me nightmares.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,697 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Ramza wrote: »
    Not related to stick buying/selling, but didn't want to make a separate thread. Anyone know if a PS4 dualmod option will be doable for Xbox sticks by march? Or does that even work? I don't know the ins and outs of how they work, if they're reliable or what the deal is with Sony/Capcom regarding such. The thoughts of forking out 200 quid for a PS4 stick when I have a perfectly fine Xbox stick that I love, gives me nightmares.

We're still waiting for a good PS4 board (without the lockout); in the meantime keep an eye on Amazon for Venom + Hori sticks, which were €90-125 last I checked.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭airmax87

From playasia about €60 shipping and maybe the same on customs. Just get it from the UK site everyone else does.

What site is this ?, I just seen the 100 euro mark on the Q4 and got excited.

EDIT : http://www.arcadeworlduk.com is it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭raah!

Anyone know where I could order a good ps2 to xbox control converter? The negative edge of those trash xbox controls is driving me up the wall. Also the dpad is trash too. I'd like to switch to ps2 control and get sick executes.

• Advertisement

raah! wrote: »
    Anyone know where I could order a good ps2 to xbox control converter? The negative edge of those trash xbox controls is driving me up the wall. Also the dpad is trash too. I'd like to switch to ps2 control and get sick executes.
    Seems the xTokki has finally sold out everywhere.

This is the one Hound uses IIRC:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sony-PS2-to-Microsoft-Xbox-360-PS3-Converter-Adapter-Cable/161090999901?_trksid=p2047675.c100011.m1850&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D32297%26meid%3D28a3f05cfb53414ca214f23b36f15967%26pid%3D100011%26rk%3D7%26rkt%3D10%26sd%3D151627097103

*edit*
    This adapter claims it *doesn't* need a 360 pad piggyback:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Gaming-USB-Adapter-Adaptor-Converter-for-PS2-to-XBOX360-Controller-Video-Games-/331474974765?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4d2d72b82d

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭blag

TE2 in stock, pretty expensive though.

K.O.Kiki wrote: »

Do you reckon the 2nd one has a lot of input lag ?
    I have an even cheaper chinese ps2 to usb one and I was so used to it when I moved to something with no lag, I did absolutely everything too early :P

But yeah It's impossible to find an etokki one cheap, they get snatched up on ebay fairly quick when you do see one.

airmax87 wrote: »
    Do you reckon the 2nd one has a lot of input lag ?
    I have an even cheaper chinese ps2 to usb one and I was so used to it when I moved to something with no lag, I did absolutely everything too early :P

But yeah It's impossible to find an etokki one cheap, they get snatched up on ebay fairly quick when you do see one.
    I have no idea unfortunately.

xTokki only had one reseller left in the last 2 years (X-Arcade's page lol); eTokki.com seems to be going/gone.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 2,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rob2D

blag wrote: »
    TE2 in stock, pretty expensive though.

€250, that's fairly severe.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Just to say I picked up a HRAP Ex for the Xbox 360 in CEX the other day for €30, not too shabby.
    I'm unlikely to ever mod and replace the stuck or buttons as I'm not a competitive player, but its some beast of a device all the same.
    It certainly dwarfs the 360's EX2 to be sure.

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Just to say I picked up a HRAP Ex for the Xbox 360 in CEX the other day for €30, not too shabby.
    I'm unlikely to ever mod and replace the stuck or buttons as I'm not a competitive player, but its some beast of a device all the same.

Which CEX?
    and I thought my madcatz SE was a steal for 45 :eek:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

CiDeRmAn wrote: »

Could you post a pic? There's a couple of models, want to see just how good a deal you got!

There's never anything good when I go into these places! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭gizabeer

Hi lads , I want to get back into fighting games and get a stick . I used to play them a lot back in the day but haven't played them much in the last few years (bit of SF and MK on a pad which is no fun) . I have and Xbox one and a ps4 , I prefer the xbox but the selection of fighting games seems a lot better on Ps4 so I was thinking of getting either the Venom stick or the Madcatz TE 2 , is it worth getting the TE 2 or buying the venom and upgrading the stick and buttons or does the cost of the upgrades negate the savings with the crap exchange rate at the minute ?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

gizabeer wrote: »
    Hi lads , I want to get back into fighting games and get a stick . I used to play them a lot back in the day but haven't played them much in the last few years (bit of SF and MK on a pad which is no fun) . I have and Xbox one and a ps4 , I prefer the xbox but the selection of fighting games seems a lot better on Ps4 so I was thinking of getting either the Venom stick or the Madcatz TE 2 , is it worth getting the TE 2 or buying the venom and upgrading the stick and buttons or does the cost of the upgrades negate the savings with the crap exchange rate at the minute ?

The Venom is probably a bit cheaper than a TE2 at this point. I tested it out and felt it was pretty good as a starter stick, you might not even need to swap out the buttons straight away unless you have already used sanwas etc. Seemed cheaper but not as bad as the stock stuff hori and madcatz used to use.

FYI I got a venom last week and the joystick was broken out of the box. Wasn't registering inputs to the right. Amazon have a replacement on the way to me though. I'll give an update on that one's quality when it arrives.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭blag

Rob2D wrote: »
    FYI I got a venom last week and the joystick was broken out of the box. Wasn't registering inputs to the right. Amazon have a replacement on the way to me though. I'll give an update on that one's quality when it arrives.

Alternatively, I bought a TE2 last week and while overall it's a nice piece of kit it doesn't feel as solid as my vanila TE1. It has an overall cheaper feel to it and it came with a few cosmetic marks (some small scratches on the plexi and rainbow effect bubbling under the plexi).

Having said that I'm happy enough with it, the hinged opening for access to the buttons is a really nice feature and the colour coded map of the wiring scheme is a nice touch.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

I take it Razer wont be releasing sticks for next gen then after last nights mishap :pac:

I've a set of 360 SE buttons, stick and pcb to give away if anyones willing to collect (no case obviously).
    And the box if that's any use to someone ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

http://www.madcatz.com/products/console/images/mad-catz-arcade-fightstick-pro-x360-002.jpg

Got one of these while back. Haven't used it. Is it easy enough to change pcb? I read somewhere that one of the third party pcb has ps4 support

Don't fancy spending 200 on an ugly TE2

Looks nice:

http://arcadestick-indonesia.com/index.php?id_product=17&controller=product

God knows what shipping would be though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

Nutrient wrote: »

Im trying to snap that up but it won't go in my bloody basket :mad:

Hori RAP 4 Kai back to £90.55 on Amazon UK now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Hori RAP 4 Kai back to £90.55 on Amazon UK now.

I'm very close to pulling the trigger on this but a little bit apprehensive as I have a Namco arcade stick from the PS1 days that I know was patched in for PS3 use.

Id hate to buy this one and then they allow me to use my Namco stick.

What's the chances of a patch/update do ye reckon?

£91 for this one is a great deal though so I'm very tempted.

I'm very close to pulling the trigger on this but a little bit apprehensive as I have a Namco arcade stick from the PS1 days that I know was patched in for PS3 use.

Id hate to buy this one and then they allow me to use my Namco stick.

What's the chances of a patch/update do ye reckon?

£91 for this one is a great deal though so I'm very tempted.
    I'd get the Hori tbh; wouldn't fancy the chances of a good driver implementation for PS3 converters in USF4 / SFV.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

I'd get the Hori tbh; wouldn't fancy the chances of a good driver implementation for PS3 converters in USF4 / SFV.

Right screw it. I'll bite the bullet and get it.

The price is right for a beginner / casual level player like me.

I really don't want to spend big bucks on a madcatz one so this will do the job for me.

If they do patch the namco stick it'll be a second stick for guests I suppose.

Thanks a mil

Ps... Bought it. Roll on Street Fighter 5. Hopefully it arrives before the (proper) Beta.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭shane9fingers

I'm looking to get a new lever. I've played on JLF mostly, but I find there's a short life span, and unless it's pretty fresh, the neutral doesn't return as quick, especially on dashes.
    I've tried the Ls-32 but the little hop wrecks my head, and the shaft is a bit short. Otherwise it feels nice, especially on shmups.
    I'm thinking I'm gonna try the Hayabusa, but is there anything else kinda close to the JLF that doesn't lose the return to neutral as quickly?

• Advertisement

ed_james wrote: »
    I'm looking to get a new lever. I've played on JLF mostly, but I find there's a short life span, and unless it's pretty fresh, the neutral doesn't return as quick, especially on dashes.
    I've tried the Ls-32 but the little hop wrecks my head, and the shaft is a bit short. Otherwise it feels nice, especially on shmups.
    I'm thinking I'm gonna try the Hayabusa, but is there anything else kinda close to the JLF that doesn't lose the return to neutral as quickly?

Hayabusa is best IMHO, followed by Seimitsu LS-40 & LS-56.

Advertisement