Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Marvel Neflix Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,199 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Jeremy Renner said over the weekend he would open to bringing Hawkeye to Netflix.

I would be open to watching that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Penn wrote: »
    I would be open to watching that.

I think the Avenger who would best fit in with the dark Netflix tone is Black Widow but I would also be happy with Hawkeye.

I liked the nods in Daredevil to the dangers/morality of vigilantism, feeds nicely into CW thematically.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,532 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Slydice wrote: »

Can't find any 17 page thread but I can find a 7 page thread :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Jeremy Renner said over the weekend he would open to bringing Hawkeye to Netflix.

I would love to see this, especially if they were to base it off Matt Fraction's run. It'd also be a great way to introduce Kate Bishop to the MCU. Don't see it happening but it would be lots of fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Black Widow series would be cool too, seeing as a movie is not on the table anytime soon. Or a Hawkeye & Black Widow series.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,270 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

More chance of Renner doing a series than Johansson to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,781 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Although, it has to be said, I'm watching Agent Carter on Fox UK at the moment and there's a big Black Widow origin angle being played on that show.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,889 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Jessica Henwick who also plays one of the Sand Snakes ( Nymeria Sand) to play Colleen Wing in Iron Fist

Daredevil renewed for a 3rd season.

Luke Cage trailer

Iron Fiist teaser

Defenders teaser

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Wasn't sure how they'd be able to big up Luke Cage more than from Jessica Jones but that was pretty cool :)

• Advertisement

5 days until Luke Cage and some reviews are saying it may be Netflix's strongest Marvel show.

Will Luke Cage be up at midnight?

FunLover18 wrote: »
    Will Luke Cage be up at midnight?

Nah. Can't remember the exact time but it'll be up at midnight in one of the American time zones if I'm not mistaken...

Usually about 5 am our time they drop.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

Luke Cage is on Netflix now, just watched the 1st episode.
    Overall I liked it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Luke Cage is on Netflix now, just watched the 1st episode.
    Overall I liked it.

There's a thread for it here in case ye're lookin:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057482537

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Are we allowed to talk about it here? I prefer this forum :D

Are we allowed to talk about it here? I prefer this forum :D

I do too! ;)

Absolutely chat away about Luke Cage here. IMO, it's probably marvel's second strongest season after Daredevil S1. Probably not far behind it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

I do too! ;)

Absolutely chat away about Luke Cage here. IMO, it's probably marvel's second strongest season after Daredevil S1. Probably not far behind it though.

I honestly preferred it to both Daredevil and Jessica Jones (as much as I loved both of those)...

I had some issues with the second half of the season, but overall I loved it. The score and soundtrack was fantastic.

I honestly preferred it to both Daredevil and Jessica Jones (as much as I loved both of those)...

Second half really dragged it down imo. The villain was so bad, nothing on Kilgrave or Fisk.

For me DD S1 > JJ > DD S2 > LC.

• Advertisement

I LOVED the first half. Everything about it. The dual villain thing was new, the threat of this hidden overlord was interesting, the music was amazing and damn my privileged arse but I actually felt I learned a thing or two about how black America feels.

SPOILERS below...
    I thought the second half fell off a cliff. When it looked like we were doing a descent into madness thing for Mariah Dillard, I was all in; however Diamondback felt completely out of place.

I appreciate they were trying to evolve him into the Serpent Society character, but man that costume didn't look good (although there's probably an in canon reason for that- Hammer's work is supposed to be inferior and shoddier than Stark's).

Still, better than about 90% of what you get on tv.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I've only watched two episodes, so not a great sample to gauge an entire series, but so far it has been leaps and bounds better than Daredevil series 2, the low watermark for Netflix Marvel IMO. But then it started off strong as well before diving off a cliff so who knows.

pixelburp wrote: »
    I've only watched two episodes, so not a great sample to gauge an entire series, but so far it has been leaps and bounds better than Daredevil series 2, the low watermark for Netflix Marvel IMO. But then it started off strong as well before diving off a cliff so who knows.

Yeah the Punisher stuff in DD season 2 was all great, especially the episode with the two of them on the rooftop, but overall DD season 2 was a bit weak.

I'd go DDS1 > JJ > LC > DDS2. I enjoyed Luke Cage a lot
    though the villains all paled in comparison to Fisk/Kilgrave with maybe the exception of Shades who was one of the stars of the show for me. The constant blaxploitation music was jarring in some places too. It was still a great show, but just felt weaker than DD & JJ.

Iron Fist Teaser.

Sigourney Weaver to play main villain in The Defenders

http://tvline.com/2016/10/08/marvels-the-defenders-sigourney-weaver-cast-netflix/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Ben Gadot

Catched up with Luke Cage over the last 4 days and it just reaffirms my opinion that what Netflix and Marvel is doing is the finest thing happening on both the small and big screen within the genre.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,933 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Watched Luke Cage on my week off last week, pretty cool I thought.
    Haven't actually watched Jessica Jones yet, is it worth a watch?

The theme song for LC is pretty catchy too I thought.

Tazzimus wrote:
    Watched Luke Cage on my week off last week, pretty cool I thought. Haven't actually watched Jessica Jones yet, is it worth a watch?

I preferred JJ, David Tennent was fantastic!

• Advertisement

I'm seeing all this unadulterated lurve for Luke Cage and I'm kinda surprised, I really thought it took a nosedive post episode 7!

Definitely thought Ms Jones and DD season 1 were superior (although there is plenty to love in Luke Cage).

Advertisement