Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Destiny Daily Mission - Black Spindle

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Jaysus lads... That was painful last night!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

Got it on first try with Stephen and Osprey. Was shocked more than delighted. It seemed so easy!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

I guess they got plenty of practice running it with me :pac:
    We only seemed to be getting 2/3 rds of his health off.
    I think there was a few blights we were missing, the adds just kept piling up.

I guess they got plenty of practice running it with me We only seemed to be getting 2/3 rds of his health off. I think there was a few blights we were missing, the adds just kept piling up.

Ha! I guess I must have helped as I ran around the room maniacally stopping to point and shout BLIIIIIIGGGGHHHHHTTSSSS!

• Registered Users Posts: 44,996 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

PetKing wrote: »
    Got it on first try with Stephen and Osprey. Was shocked more than delighted. It seemed so easy!

always find that with destiny - everything seems so difficult until the time you beat it and then you're like "How did we fail that so much.... its easy. Do this. Do that. Done. WTF were we at?"

Like the golgoroth challenge the last two times. First night: DISASTER. DEATH. 3 HOURS. Next night - first go. second char first go. third char first go.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,428 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Well did most of you get your spindle by now? (This was going yesterday and I noticed a good few from the clan finally got the spindle)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

jonny24ie wrote: »
    Well did most of you get your spindle by now? (This was going yesterday and I noticed a good few from the clan finally got the spindle)

Nope. :D

No Heavy Fusion thingy either. :D

No Jade Rabbit. :D

Myself and Johnny helped Tyc get his. I saw Dudeeile trying to help Yojimbo get his, but they couldn't get it done. Himself, myself, and Osprey ran almost every Spindle day and I'd really like to see him get it sorted. He was askign a good bit yesterday :(

ToM??

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,428 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Myself and Johnny helped Tyc get his. I saw Dudeeile trying to help Yojimbo get his, but they couldn't get it done. Himself, myself, and Osprey ran almost every Spindle day and I'd really like to see him get it sorted. He was askign a good bit yesterday :(

I didnt see Jimbo online when I was on or I would have helped him out too. I will give him a hand the next time its on :)

• Advertisement

I think a ban is in order here :P

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Probably failed at the mission more times than succeeded but what seemed to work for us was to run around the last room taking out the blights. Then bubble the big guy and hammer him with swords.
    I'm not known for elaborate planning.

gimli2112 wrote:
    Probably failed at the mission more times than succeeded but what seemed to work for us was to run around the last room taking out the blights. Then bubble the big guy and hammer him with swords. I'm not known for elaborate planning.

Solid plan, that's about it! ;)

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Probably failed at the mission more times than succeeded but what seemed to work for us was to run around the last room taking out the blights. Then bubble the big guy and hammer him with swords.
    I'm not known for elaborate planning.

That plan has worked any time ive managed to get through it.

Tried to help two with it last night but couldn't get it done, only ran two attempts myself though as it was late.

Basic principal is:

1. Take out the Blights.
    2. Take out the Ads.
    3. Hit the boss.

As soon as blights and ads reappear - disengage from the boss and start over. 1. 2. 3.

The Blights spawn based on the health of the boss and the ads spawn while the blights are active - so not doing damage to the boss while the blights and ads are around is important - other wise you can become easily over ran with too many enemies to deal with.

Tried to help two with it last night but couldn't get it done, only ran two attempts myself though as it was late.

Basic principal is:

1. Take out the Blights.
    2. Take out the Ads.
    3. Hit the boss.

As soon as blights and ads reappear - disengage from the boss and start over. 1. 2. 3.

The Blights spawn based on the health of the boss and the ads spawn while the blights are active - so not doing damage to the boss while the blights and ads are around is important - other wise you can become easily over ran with too many enemies to deal with.

Last night we had some people running it saying oh hit the boss with DPS while 1 person takes out ads etc. Its never going to work as you say because its tied in with the bosses health :D

ToM??

Yeah have that, though it's not fully leveled. :rolleyes: Just need 4 Hadium flakes and it's golden.
    I think a ban is in order here :P

:( Ah no boss. I can get them. Pinky Promise like.

I still need to finish the quest for the chaperone, and have none of the exotic swords myself.

Should get the sword this week - just have to wait til Arms Day and then do the sunless cell mission (so i'll be on the lookout for help with that on Thursday!)

Have had the chaperone quest on the last step since SRL in January - not even bothered to ask anyone to run the strike with me!

It's the kind of gun you use it once and think "This is nice" and then put it in the vault forever.

I still need to finish the quest for the chaperone, and have none of the exotic swords myself.

Should get the sword this week - just have to wait til Arms Day and then do the sunless cell mission (so i'll be on the lookout for help with that on Thursday!)

Have had the chaperone quest on the last step since SRL in January - not even bothered to ask anyone to run the strike with me!

Actually yeah, no exotic sword either. Still need 23 kills in crucible. Chaperone not bothered with either.

Or first curse.

• Advertisement

I wouldn't mind trying for the First Curse. The 7 headshot spree in PvP has put me off.

I was the same, on the last step for months, did it about a week ago. Glad to get it done and take up more vault space with the Chaperone. The strike does have matchmaking though, you don't even need to be the guardian getting the killing shotty blow, just being there is enough.

I wouldn't mind trying for the First Curse. The 7 headshot spree in PvP has put me off.

Gimli, the 7 Precission headshots are in PvE and not PVP :)

Gimli, the 7 Precission headshots are in PvE and not PVP :)

Ah jaysus!
    You do have to get seven precision kills in PvP in a game, just not in the one life. I thought it had to be a spree in the crucible. That should be doable.

Ah jaysus!
    You do have to get seven precision kills in PvP in a game, just not in the one life. I thought it had to be a spree in the crucible. That should be doable.

Yeah dude me and you go into a free for all and we can get your 7 spree :P

Yeah dude me and you go into a free for all and we can get your 7 spree :P

Was in a group doing that last week - 6 of us (two teams of three) match made into classic rumble. The headshot one for FC, a couple of swords and some other bounties were cheesed through that morning!

Was in a group doing that last week - 6 of us (two teams of three) match made into classic rumble. The headshot one for FC, a couple of swords and some other bounties were cheesed through that morning!

I think I was in that group if i remember rightly :P

Advertisement