Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tell us what you bought?!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭xFROSTY Gx

dan_ep82 wrote: »
    Great prices on them now, if your a fan of Nike the deals on 6mth old clubs can be great

Ya I have to say I got some very good deals on them!

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭augustus gloop

Going up to pureformgolf.com in feb and getting overhauled! Looking forward is an understatement! Hoping they can marry me up with a set of mizuno mp-5 purely on look they are umatched imo

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭markthespark77

No, but create a "chat" thread for this one.
    got myself a new 3wood, the nike vapor one and love it gained loads of distance and great feel.

got the new callaway nitro shoes. most comfy show i ever wore..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭OffalyMedic

Got new nike lunar control shoes today in mcquirks. Feel like a great fit and really comfy wearing them around the house. Will test them out on the course tomorrow but they feel really good. For the price of them they'd wanna make me play like rory too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Kingswood Rover

shaunac93 wrote: »
    Got new nike lunar control shoes today in mcquirks. Feel like a great fit and really comfy wearing them around the house. Will test them out on the course tomorrow but they feel really good. For the price of them they'd wanna make me play like rory too :)
    Nike Lunar Control one's and two's, do we even have a space ship?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭OffalyMedic

Nike Lunar Control, you gotta laugh

???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭kieran.

No, keep it as just "what I bought" posts
    shaunac93 wrote: »
    ???

Think the water in the 'blessed lakes' may have finally got too him!!

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Kingswood Rover

kieran. wrote: »
    Think the water in the 'blessed lakes' may have finally got too him!!
    sure has folks if it would only stay in the lake, no disrespect intended, its the names that they put on sports footwear they crack me up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

bye bye Scotty C
    hello Odyssey :)

odyssey-works-versa-1-wide-putter.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Hoof Hearted2

bye bye Scotty C
    hello Odyssey :)

odyssey-works-versa-1-wide-putter.jpg
    Don't get rid of your scotty just yet. The metal X face on these putters is the worst most gimmicky design on a putter ever, it collects debris, grit and sand like no other and is flimsy and difficult to clean or remove said debris.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

Don't get rid of your scotty just yet. The metal X face on these putters is the worst most gimmicky design on a putter ever, it collects debris, grit and sand like no other and is flimsy and difficult to clean or remove said debris.

Too late I'm afraid - Scotty has left the building !

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shane732

Ordered a Zepp Golf 3D Swing Analyzer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Macker1

I have an odyssey metal x putter myself and there is no issue with keeping the face clean at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,415 ✭✭✭CMOTDibbler

Macker1 wrote: »
    I have an odyssey metal x putter myself and there is no issue with keeping the face clean at all.
    Likewise. Nothing a soft brush wouldn't sort and doesn't really get that dirty anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Hoof Hearted2

Macker1 wrote: »

Yeah I made the mistake of purchasing a metal X putter too and naturally thought it would be an excellent product like almost everything from Calloway, but alas no.
    Wait 'till you get a bit of sand lodged behind the metal overlay and then the fun will begin.
    Something as small and apparently insignificant as a blade of grass is enough to change the trajectory of your putt, and these badly designed faces are a magnet for debris.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Dealerz

Yeah I made the mistake of purchasing a metal X putter too and naturally thought it would be an excellent product like almost everything from Calloway, but alas no.

Jaysus, you'd ruin Christmas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭Armchair Andy

Likewise. Nothing a soft brush wouldn't sort and doesn't really get that dirty anyway.

Baby wipes. mine is still as white as snow 18 months on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 195 ✭✭yipsnomore

Shane732 wrote: »
    Ordered a Zepp Golf 3D Swing Analyzer

Would appreciate a review. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭BigChap1759

Christmas vouchers spent on these - will not be seeing the light of day until summer though :P

P-130624WSHADGents-370_370.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 42 X200

Got a new (now outdated) 712u 2 iron at the weekend. Have to say it's going great. I tend to balloon the old 5 woods but I can hit this high or low. It's a strange club; I think it's hollow, it's like a hybrid between a blade 2 iron and a hybrid 18 degrees but who am I to argue.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

A set of Ping Eye 2s (BeCu) irons........I was feeling nostalgic!! Have had them out for a knock and they feel great - I may use them for a bit of serious golf!!

ZDk5MDczNThhZDkxMTRjY2IyYmRiYmZjYmRiNzc2NTQ1nEyTbLRlibLaKCOAct0FaHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmFkc2ltZy5jb20vZjFhMGI1MTk2ZmE5ODgyYTk0ZTRmNTk0ZWFlYmZhMmQyZGZmMTI4YjE1NDQ5MWI5NmI1ZDNiODI2NTcyNWJiYy5qcGd8fHx8fHwzOTZ4MjIzfGh0dHA6Ly93d3cuYWR2ZXJ0cy5pZS9zdGF0aWMvaS93YXRlcm1hcmsucG5nfHx8.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭Loire

Picked up a 2nd hand Vokey SW for 50 quid at the weekend. Lost my last, decent SW and the one in the bag isn't the best so looking forward to trying this out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭RoadRunner

Picked up used Ping i20 irons. 5i-pw. CFS stiff shaft. Blue dot (which means they are slightly more upright than standard lie) Looking forward to using them this weekend.
    P1296769.jpg

Coming from titleist 735cm which have been a good set and I'll probably put up for sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,859 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Jawgap wrote: »
    A set of Ping Eye 2s (BeCu) irons........I was feeling nostalgic!! Have had them out for a knock and they feel great - I may use them for a bit of serious golf!!

ZDk5MDczNThhZDkxMTRjY2IyYmRiYmZjYmRiNzc2NTQ1nEyTbLRlibLaKCOAct0FaHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmFkc2ltZy5jb20vZjFhMGI1MTk2ZmE5ODgyYTk0ZTRmNTk0ZWFlYmZhMmQyZGZmMTI4YjE1NDQ5MWI5NmI1ZDNiODI2NTcyNWJiYy5qcGd8fHx8fHwzOTZ4MjIzfGh0dHA6Ly93d3cuYWR2ZXJ0cy5pZS9zdGF0aWMvaS93YXRlcm1hcmsucG5nfHx8.jpg

Pretty sure that is what my old man plays with, must have a look in his bag :)

Beryllium Irons, much softer metal I think he used to say and it meant the ball didn't travel as far, but he (should have:) ) gained in accuracy

• Registered Users Posts: 8,466 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

I dont care!
    Have a shiny new set of these sitting at home waiting for me to return to them (5i - AW). Had a massive gap from my wedge down with old set, 44 - 52 degrees, so these are a bit more normal in terms of gapping, 45 - 50. 1 degree upright, standard length, with a slightly heavier than standard shaft.

reviewcf16set.jpg

Can't wait to get my hands on them & get swinging with my own set again.

Played with a rented set of Calloway XR irons last weekend & found the amount of offset quite jarring to my eyes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭BigChap1759

Oooh, very nice - liked the look of the last model of these, just something about them looked like they'd be great to hit.

Did you get fitted and what shafts have you in them?

No 4 iron????

I wouldn't buy a set that wasn't 3 iron down. I love my 3 iron

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

Seve OB wrote: »
    No 4 iron????

I wouldn't buy a set that wasn't 3 iron down. I love my 3 iron

I didn't go for a 4 iron in my new set either, got a LW instead. Then again, the lofts in the new irons are strong anyway so the 5 will be like a 4:D

charlieIRL wrote: »
    I didn't go for a 4 iron in my new set either, got a LW instead. Then again, the lofts in the new irons are strong anyway so the 5 will be like a 4:D

My set is 3-pw + I got 2 LW. Did you go for 2 extra wedges? or have you a load of hybrids?

As you know I got a new set last year. I was looking at a TM set which only started @ 4 iron to replace my old TM set. Told the guy I wanted a 3 iron. He lectured me saying I didn't need one and it was basically tough, he couldn't get me any set with a 3 iron. He also said the 4 in the new set was the same loft as 3 in my old set. I looked it up and he was lying. Lofts were basically the same. Needless to say I bought nothing off the guy.

On a side note.... these have to be the ugliest set of clubs ever found in a high profile players bag.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

Have ordered, 5 - PW with a SW & LW. Had the option of a 50degree GW but I love the one i have and wanted to keep it.

Look at the lofts of the M2's
    Taylormade%20M2%20Irons.png

And Mizuno Mp59's
    59spec.png

Advertisement