Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tell us what you bought?!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,458 ✭✭✭valoren

Ordered a Golf Swing Shirt.

It's supposed to promote a better feeling of connection through the swing.
    I haven't played for 2 months with work, so just getting back to it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭OffalyMedic

One very happy girl coming in the door after a long days work to see my new golf clubs waiting for me, customised by the amazing lads in foregolf in killeen castle. I may be broke but i'll be a broke single figure golfer with these clubs :P

Irons
    My own Ping Rhapsody 5-PW reshafter with Nippon 950Gh Stiff shafts

Hybrids
    Own TM Rbz 4 rescue 22* reshafted with TM Matrix Graphite Rul 70g Stiff shaft
    New TM Aeroburner 3 19* with TM Matrix Graphite Rul 70g Stiff shaft

Wedges
    New Mizuno MPT- 50*/54*/58* with Nippon 950Gh Stiff shafts

Wood
    New TM Aeroburne 3 Wood HL 17* with Aldila Phenom 50 Stiff

Playing 18hole scramble in morning and 9hole stroke tomorrow evening, we'll see how it goes

newclubs.png?dl=0

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,729 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

No, but create a "chat" thread for this one.
    Congrats, burn the place up

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭Golfgraffix

shaunac93 wrote: »

Wood
    New TM Aeroburne 3 Wood HL 17* with Aldila Phenom 50

Same shaft I went for in my 915 driver. It was quite a change from my old magnum shaft. May take you a few rounds to get used to the very light shaft. At 49 grams you can really feel the weight of the head, by once you get there the club head speed will rise. I got about 2 mph extra, went from 105 to 107, May not seem a lot but it's about 12 yards.

Good luck with them, sounds like a great set. No excuses now !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭kieran.

No, keep it as just "what I bought" posts
    Got the Ping g30 irons a few weeks back 4-sw black dot with KBS Tour 90 stiff shaffs. Took me a while to get used the light weight of them compared to my old TM burners but settling in nicely with them now.

• Advertisement

Same shaft I went for in my 915 driver. It was quite a change from my old magnum shaft. May take you a few rounds to get used to the very light shaft. At 49 grams you can really feel the weight of the head, by once you get there the club head speed will rise. I got about 2 mph extra, went from 105 to 107, May not seem a lot but it's about 12 yards.

Considering I've gone from very light ladies flex graphite clubs don't find much of a difference in the weight :p

Used clubs for first time tonight in 9 hole stroke comp and finished level par net so happy enough :)

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭MiniGolf

Just collected my new Ping G30 irons today.... :-)
    Can't wait to get out with them tomorrow evening... watch this space!!
    MG

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭princess poppy

MiniGolf wrote: »
    Just collected my new Ping G30 irons today.... :-)
    Can't wait to get out with them tomorrow evening... watch this space!!
    MG

New irons, new society - complete overhaul !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,678 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

As my driving has been terrible recently I was all set get a few lessons but I've put that on hold and bought myself a new driver. Big bertha alpha. Looks fairly epic. Hoping this will solve all my troubles.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 34,049 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Guys, what's a good rain jacket(waterproof) brand to get for around 100e mark?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,841 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

you'll probably want to spend more than a ton for a really good one. but if you pick a good brand, and it says waterproof, you should be ok. there is an underarmour one on sports direct for 90 quid that might do the trick for you

http://ie.sportsdirect.com/under-armour-armourstorm-jacket-mens-366090?colcode=36609003

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭alxmorgan

Might be a better option

http://ie.sportsdirect.com/odlo-zephyr-active-gore-tex-jacket--635725?colcode=63572508

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭markthespark77

http://golfweek.media.clients.ellingtoncms.com/img/photos/2014/01/05/taylormade-Tour-Preferred-MC-iron-dual.jpg

got myself a set of these dis morning in golf-style galway.
    got the 3-pw in the kbs tour stiff shaft.

managed to get 9 holes in with them dis-eve and was thrilled with them.

hope to get 2 Cleveland wedges now tomorrow when im in Dublin..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,697 ✭✭✭dan_ep82

http://golfweek.media.clients.ellingtoncms.com/img/photos/2014/01/05/taylormade-Tour-Preferred-MC-iron-dual.jpg

got myself a set of these dis morning in golf-style galway.
    got the 3-pw in the kbs tour stiff shaft.

managed to get 9 holes in with them dis-eve and was thrilled with them.

hope to get 2 Cleveland wedges now tomorrow when im in Dublin..
    Really nice club , best of luck with them

• Registered Users Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭benny79

Yea I have the CB's of these and love them! best of luck out of interest what is making you get cleveland wedges? and what degrees you gong for? I have a 52Deg vokey & 56Deg TM wedge.

benny79 wrote: »
    Yea I have the CB's of these and love them! best of luck out of interest what is making you get cleveland wedges? and what degrees you gong for? I have a 52Deg vokey & 56Deg TM wedge.

i hit them on the range a few weeks ago and really liked the feel of them. the other reason is that they have a deal on the rotex 2.0 wedges till the end of this month, buy one get the second half price, good value i think, was thiking the same 52 and a 56.

i hit them on the range a few weeks ago and really liked the feel of them. the other reason is that they have a deal on the rotex 2.0 wedges till the end of this month, buy one get the second half price, good value i think, was thiking the same 52 and a 56.

so the second edition to the bag is a 52 & 58° cleveland rotex2.0, got the slight bigger vertion in the 52, was getting much better numbers and spin with it. and the more bladed in the 58. very happy with them, now onto the course..

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭Dr.Rieux

Bought a Callaway XR Driver and 3 wood in American Golf today. I went in to look at a G30 Driver but hit the XR better. Traded in my current 3 wood as my swing speed has gone up a good bit since buying it, and now into stiff shaft territory.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭one man clappin

I got fitted for and ordered a set of Ping G25 irons last week. I got a phone call yesterday to say that the irons were in stock.
    I drove up to collect them only to see that they were right handed irons and not left handed. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,926 ✭✭✭davo10

Ping i25's, had Raptures, replaced them with AP2's, hated them, now back to Pings.

• Advertisement

Got a great deal in coleman golf Lee Valley on Saturday. Half price waterproof bag was €250 I got it for €125. Great guys to deal with :)WGB4902WH.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Felexicon

I got fitted for and ordered a set of Ping G25 irons last week. I got a phone call yesterday to say that the irons were in stock. I drove up to collect them only to see that they were right handed irons and not left handed.

I got a set of G25s during the summer. They're worth the wait

After about an hour of trying on shoes in McGuirks I got a set of Addidas Boost Tour 360's in McGuirks for 120 with a free towel

190280-Tour360%20Boa%20boost_F33449_3_4-e31c9e-medium-1449785198.jpg

And Sky Sports lol

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

dan_ep82 wrote: »
    After about an hour of trying on shoes in McGuirks I got a set of Addidas Boost Tour 360's in McGuirks for 120 with a free towel

And Sky Sports lol

That's a savage price, they're £150 online.

I've have their predecessors, the Adipower Boost, for the last year and I absolutely love them. The most comfortable golf shoes I've ever owned.

Well wear!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Benicetomonty

Bought this shaft for my Titleist driver. Hit it on Saturday for the first time and absolutely delighted with it. Hard to tell in winter obviously if you're benefiting as much as you think but really excited to see how it performs over the next few months into spring and summer.

s-l300.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

I have a Callaway XR driver in my shopping cart here with Halpenny. It's reduced from €369 to €249 but there's an option to buy it for €219 if you want the stiff shaft. You also get a free €20 voucher with the purchase.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭Johnny_Fontane

bought a taylormade aeroburner rescue to replace my original taylormade rescue (yes the rescue mid with the steel shaft). €134 in halpennys in lucan

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭xFROSTY Gx

The bag has had quite the overhaul over the last couple weeks.

Picked up a new Nike Vapor pro driver and 5 wood. also treated myself to a set of the nike vapor pro combo irons.

All my equipment is now Nike gear :o

Whatever it is, it's Nike

xFROSTY Gx wrote: »
    The bag has had quite the overhaul over the last couple weeks.

Picked up a new Nike Vapor pro driver and 5 wood. also treated myself to a set of the nike vapor pro combo irons.

All my equipment is now Nike gear :o

Whatever it is, it's Nike
    Great prices on them now, if your a fan of Nike the deals on 6mth old clubs can be great

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

Replaced the Cobras I was playing with a set of fitted Karstens from McGuirk's.

Love them - ridiculously easy to get the ball airborne with them and impressively consistent.

In fact the only 'complaint' I have is that the ball flight is a few degrees higher than I'd probably like when hitting into the wind.

Advertisement