Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Toy Spotting / Shopping Thread!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Arquinsiel

Arquinsiel wrote: »
    Arnotts? I never even would have thought of that. Thanks man. Stupid boards not notifying me at all though... I'll check tomorrow when I head into town.
    Following up on this, I didn't have time to do a proper search for what turned out to be a toy shop sandwiched in between the first and second floors of Arnotts then, but on Saturday I did and got my hands on Streetwise. Now Prowl has his cop buddy. Hurrah! There was also some Rescue Bots and Angry Birds stuff there too, if anyone is into that I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

complete set of defensor limbs in smyths in tallaght.

and as pointed out by mark theyve got a few scattershots and onslaughts in stock too.

i have to say i find the manner of releasing the limbs bloody infuriating. you'd think if your gonna have the limbs in you'd have a hotspot on the shelf, but no.

the "betatron" combined mode uses the optimus maximus limbs so you can at least put him together now but its just bloody annoying to not know (less your good on the net) whether you can make bruticus or not. i wouldnt be surprised if its hitting sales.

plus how bloody long has silverbolt been available now, yet the original optimus mold has disappeared long ago.

they just seemed to have rolled the combiner wars stuff out in the most bizarre way possible. which is a shame considering how cool its been.

All of Defensor and "Betatron" in Smyth's in Swords this weekend. A couple of the usual lurking Silverbolt, Whirl, Rhinox etc too. Ultra Magnus still in stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,647 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Hey all,

So my little fella has gotten into Transformers (like his Daddy before him - yay! :p) and wants some for his birthday as he loves that Angry Birds Transformers game. He's looking for Soundwave and Starscream in particular (or Star-ice-cream as he calls him.. he is only almost 4! :)) and I had a quick look on Amazon for ideas but thought I'd ask here.

Preferably G1-style and colours but also simple enough to transform and not TOO expensive given his age. I'll give him a few years before he's up for Masterpiece level stuff :p Any suggestions appreciated!

Soundwave I've got no ideas for, but Starscream recently enough had a decent Legion Class that was simple to transform. You might get lucky and find him in Smyths or Banba. There's still some Angry Birds TF stuff in Arnotts, and there's a code in the boxes to unlock the Jenga mode (I think, could just be gems or something).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭MarkHall

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    Hey all,

So my little fella has gotten into Transformers (like his Daddy before him - yay! :p)

If you're close enough and can manage it.
    Bring him to Dublin City comics and let him go through the second hand boxes.
    Trip to the store should be fun without a toy buying at the end of it.

The Combiner wars figures might just be a little too complicated for them.
    But the Rescue Bots line might be worth a look.
    There is a Starscream Mr. potato head out there as well.

MarkHall wrote: »
    If you're close enough and can manage it.
    Bring him to Dublin City comics and let him go through the second hand boxes.
    Trip to the store should be fun without a toy buying at the end of it.

The Combiner wars figures might just be a little too complicated for them.
    But the Rescue Bots line might be worth a look.
    There is a Starscream Mr. potato head out there as well.

Unfortunately bringing him to Dublin City Comics isn't a runner as he's at the other end of the country :(

But I did swing by Smyths Carrickmines this afternoon and picked him up a few of the Rescue Bots and a Steeljaw (as he wanted one of those too)

I was kinda tempted by the Skywarp I saw too but at €63 I had to remind myself these are for him, not his daddy :P

Never forget!

Daddy's are people too.

The Deluxe Steel Jaw is nice.
    Got the nephews teh Thunderhoof 3 step. And they love the Tractor Transformer.
    Really hoping the Deluxe makes an appearance on the shelves here.

Smyth's in Swords had Deluxe Fracture and some Prime redeco in, so he might turn up. Onslaught on shelves too, but no sign of Bruticus limbs. They seem to be getting sparse though, in a much smaller shelf space than previously and bugger all there so they might be restocking soon.

Update.. So in the end as well as the 2 Rescue Bots and the Steel Jaw, I got him a Voyager FOC Soundwave and a Robot Masters Starscream

Both pretty cool and reasonable at about €65 for both.. I kinda want a Starscream myself now though :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭DBK

Haven't been around for a while so hope it's ok to drop this here as I didn't want to start a new thread for it.

Amazon.co.uk have the Platinum seeker squad of G1 Thrust, Dirge and Ramjet set for just under 50 euro delivered:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Transformers-Platinum-Squadron-Coneheads-Reissue/dp/B00XD6C36W/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1463692211&sr=8-1&keywords=transformers+seekers

Same seller has Trypticon for just under 130 euro delivered too :)

Mine came today to join the original set I have. :)

was walking through smyths in tallaght today and they have a full set of sky reign limbs for sale.

21.99 each.

no sign of sky lynx though.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 1,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭ChopShop

Sky Lynx is a rare...errrm bird... even in the US it seems.

Plus Combaticon limbs never appeared here.

Odds, not good. But what's new?

I got my combaticons coming into Dublin City comics shortly.

Shame about Skylynx. As he looks proper awesome.

Also Tesco selling Kreo Devastator for €11

MarkHall wrote: »
    I got my combaticons coming into Dublin City comics shortly.

Shame about Skylynx. As he looks proper awesome.

I think the distinction is that Sky Lynx is scarce full stop, whereas the Combatcon limbs are easy enough to buy online (?)

theres seems to be some sort of fight going on between amazon and one of its sellers in relation to the platinum edition trypticon.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/TRANSFORMERS-Platinum-Edition-Trypticon-Figure/dp/B014KEWJQY/ref=pd_ybh_a_1?ie=UTF8&refRID=0888ZDYSB1MZV09X1PR8

theyve been slashing the price day after day. at the time of posting its gone from about 100 STG to now 75 STG.

I missed out on him last time when he was 78 STG so dived in to get him at 82 STG.when amazon counterd a drop to 85 .

Dunno how low he's gonna go but the balls in amazons court to counter the last drop from the other retailer. either way its good news for us.

:D

ChopShop wrote: »
    I think the distinction is that Sky Lynx is scarce full stop, whereas the Combatcon limbs are easy enough to buy online (?)

Spotted in a Smyths in the UK.

50/50 on if they will filter through to here.

Toymaster had these little lads over the weekend.
    13265995_1078722392201444_1348713144810977434_n.jpg?oh=be74f0bf106a2090d6bbcfdda9b2e9ed&oe=57DEC874&__gda__=1473341515_5a9f603a64983e7513075d66f0e64ffd

Oh look, both of the ones I wanted from that wave. Good old Toymaster.

• Advertisement

Shockwave is a great little figure. Not too pushed on Wreckgar.

And wanted to have a look at pipes in the flesh but no sign of him.

Looks like Bruticus is fully on shelves at all Smyth's now. RID four pack minicons have started to show up too.

seen brawl in smyths in fonthill so the whole gangs gotta be coming.

they didnt have any sky reign limbs though.

also the voyager torso's are going for 15.50 which is great. they look to have got new shipments of em in too as they had the first hot spot ive seen in ages . onslaught scattershot and silverbolt were there too

been thinking of getting a superion so now looks the time to pick up a cheap silverbolt. it makes me chuckle to see him going for less than one of his arms.

when i was in tallaght last they had battlecore op back in too. i presume that'd have to be half price too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

All Bruticus limbs as well as Leader Skywarp are in Smyths in Limerick.

seen brawl in smyths in fonthill so the

Limb are down to 14.50 in Blanch.
    Be a good time to pick up an entire combiner for less than 75 quid.

Which may be what I did for Bruticus even thou I have the Unite warriors one on the way.

2016-06-07.jpg

Curse my impatience! I paid full whack for Brawl just last weekend AND I ended up out in Blanch this weekend just gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭AxlF

Generations Ultra Magnus down to €42.50 in Smyths.
    If you don't have this guy you should grab him - he is one of the best looking robots on the shelf. I cannot recommend him enough.

AxlF wrote: »
    If you don't have this guy you should grab him - he is one of the best looking robots on the shelf. I cannot recommend him enough.

Quoted for truth!

Up there with Springer and Armada Starscream for best bots bought in the last few years.

smythe in tallaght have a load of leader skywarps for the same price as magnus.

(they still have him too :) )

they only had optimus maximus limbs though. the exception being a lone hound.

• Advertisement

Symths in waterford starts teh Titan returns line

13516476_1191633110876355_4152713179810070866_n.jpg?oh=ea5db05357913db62b9b1e7a058598c2&oe=57FFF434&__gda__=1476254219_67d9076a869680326988587d280d8bc2

13508860_1191633140876352_3022984568547795566_n.jpg?oh=00e9a79310ed043f0cc6ec854a4da79f&oe=57F9547B&__gda__=1475493616_b15cd42b34488e940af35f2fb2c08cac
    Gotta get me a Blurr and Hardhead

Advertisement