Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fear The Walking Dead - News/Details/Rumours

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,787 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

I was convinced after seeing all the ads on BT that I be able to watch this. Definitely going to cancel my sports package now.

After reading the above post, it be a nice little run up to season 6 of twd. I'll have to watch it online.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

I tuned the amc station on sky but can't watch it. Seems a bit stupid that they can't get something as simple as making a channel available to subscribers in this day and age!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

Drumpot wrote: »
    I tuned the amc station on sky but can't watch it. Seems a bit stupid that they can't get something as simple as making a channel available to subscribers in this day and age!

There's nothing stupid about it, its a Sky UK channel only (courtesy of BT), it's not available in Ireland as it currently stands.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Keplar240B

What the frak is Labor Day weekend?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,787 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

NUTZZ wrote: »
    There's nothing stupid about it, its a Sky UK channel only (courtesy of BT), it's not available in Ireland as it currently stands.

Of course there is some stupidity surrounding it. The show had been constantly advertised on BT sports anytime I was watching the football.

I'm a UPC customer by the way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,983 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

ah Guardian forgot about Labor day weekend and put up its review and broke an embargo https://www.theguardian.com/info/2015/sep/07/removed-fear-the-walking-dead-season-one-episode-three-the-dog now removed

AMC Launches New Web Series Fear the Walking Dead: Flight 462

fear-the-walking-dead-flight-462-1200x707.jpg
    Fear the Walking Dead may be concluding its first season this Sunday, October 4th, but “Fear” will continue to spread as AMC rolls out its newest web series, officially titled Fear the Walking Dead: Flight 462, online beginning this fall. The first installment of the 16-part series will debut on amc.com on Sunday, October 4th and will then air as promos during two commercial breaks within The Walking Dead Season 6 premiere episode on Sunday, October 11th.

Subsequent episodes of Flight 462, each less than one minute long, will debut every Sunday, online and then on-air as promos during new episodes of The Walking Dead, for the duration of Season 6. In addition, one of the characters featured in the web series, which is produced by Fear the Walking Dead showrunner and executive producer Dave Erickson and co-executive producer David Wiener, will join the cast of Fear the Walking Dead Season 2.

Fear the Walking Dead: Flight 462 tells the story of a group of passengers aboard a commercial airplane during the earliest moments of the outbreak. Over the course of the series, the plane and the lives of its passengers are put in jeopardy once they discover an infected traveler. The series is written by L. Signorino and Mike Zunic and directed by Fear director of photography Michael McDonough.

“Flight 462 is a great extension of the world of Fear and will engage fans across multiple platforms with another riveting story set at the start of the fall of civilization,” said Joel Stillerman, president of original programming and development for AMC and SundanceTV. “We are thrilled to be collaborating with Dave Erickson and David Wiener on another piece of original content. Watching how they’ll bring one of these new characters to the second season of Fear will be really exciting for viewers to follow.”

Don’t miss the Fear the Walking Dead Season 1 Finale Sunday at 9/8c on AMC and the show’s return for a second season of 15 episodes in 2016.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

I'm really looking forward to this. I remember seeing the plane meandering in the sky and wondering why no one mentioned it! I hope they do it justice. It would be terrifying to be in an enclosed space that high up in the sky and have someone turn into a zombie.

We all know what zombie's are but for the sake of drama, every show has to pretend like people don't know and show how normal people would react to having someone coming back from the dead and trying to eat them. If this happened to me on an airplane, I think I'd have a heart attack from the shock.

I just hope it plays out well. From the footage on the show, it looked like the pilots had lost control. Given how safety paranoid the US is since 9/11, it better not turn out that a zombie got into the cockpit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    I'm really looking forward to this. I remember seeing the plane meandering in the sky and wondering why no one mentioned it! I hope they do it justice. It would be terrifying to be in an enclosed space that high up in the sky and have someone turn into a zombie.

We all know what zombie's are but for the sake of drama, every show has to pretend like people don't know and show how normal people would react to having someone coming back from the dead and trying to eat them. If this happened to me on an airplane, I think I'd have a heart attack from the shock.

I just hope it plays out well. From the footage on the show, it looked like the pilots had lost control. Given how safety paranoid the US is since 9/11, it better not turn out that a zombie got into the cockpit.

A zed doesn't need to GET into the cockpit. There are 2 potential zeds there as it is. Remember, everyone turns. Pilot has a heart attack, or whatever, boom, reanimation baby.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭pmasterson95

Paddy Cow wrote: »

The zombie might turn in the cockpit. Whos the say pilot didnt get a scratch and turned?

Fear the Walking Dead: Flight 462 - Episode 1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 537 ✭✭✭clever user name

A minute and a half? Christ, I thought they would more like 5 or 10 minutes.

Mucho disappointo :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

Nice build-up of drama and tension and then gone. Ffs.

It would surely be better to wait until they've all been broadcast and then watch it in one go. It seems utterly ludicrous and pointless doing it this way not to mention downright frustrating. Who comes up with these ridiculous ideas?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,964 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

A minute and a half? Christ, I thought they would more like 5 or 10 minutes.

Mucho disappointo :(
    Nice build-up of drama and tension and then gone. Ffs.

It would surely be better to wait until they've all been broadcast and then watch it in one go. It seems utterly ludicrous and pointless doing it this way not to mention downright frustrating. Who comes up with these ridiculous ideas?
    I thought I must have done something wrong when I watched that on my phone last night, idiotic, there will be a hundred versions of them all edited together on Youtube 5 minutes after the last one is released, Ill wait for that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

Thargor wrote: »
    I thought I must have done something wrong when I watched that on my phone last night, idiotic, there will be a hundred versions of them all edited together on Youtube 5 minutes after the last one is released, Ill wait for that.

This. Waiting a week for a minute or two's footage is a nonsense, I'd rather wait until they're all out and stitched together and watch it in one go.

A Look at Season 2: Fear the Walking Dead

Fear The Walking Dead: Flight 462 Episode 2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,810 ✭✭✭Calibos

This new 49 seconds really moved the story forwards.... :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Fear The Walking Dead - Flight 462 : Part 3

It really picks up the pace this week! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭pmasterson95

Will RTE be showing this.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

NUTZZ wrote: »
    Fear The Walking Dead - Flight 462 : Part 3

It really picks up the pace this week! :pac:

You gotta be kidding me?! (Not you- walking dead creators)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

Just watched the first season of fear - I liked it.

Someone mentioned the LA thing and massive herds, doesnt look like it's happening, LA looks empty at the end. Where did everyone go!

One thing that annoyed me was the soldier base - it was built up (in my head anyway) to be a concentration camp of sorts. I was expecting brutal experiments and random sacrifices in the name of science, when actually it wasnt too bad, and the doctors were trying to help - oh well!

On a scale of Kanye west to 10 - its a cop out 7

Fear The Walking Dead Flight 462: Part 4

Fear The Walking Dead Flight 462 - Part 5

• Advertisement

Fear The Walking Dead Flight 462 - Part 6

Fear the Walking Dead Flight 462: Part 7

It looks like Season 2 of Fear The Walking Dead will premiere earlier than expected, it was initially given a 'Fall 2016' release date;

https://twitter.com/AMCtvUK/status/666974681094836225

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Are they going to broadcast part of this in the mid season of TWD and the rest in the summer? I know it's a longer run next season, but how many episodes are there going to be?

5starpool wrote: »
    Are they going to broadcast part of this in the mid season of TWD and the rest in the summer? I know it's a longer run next season, but how many episodes are there going to be?

There will be 15 episodes in Season 2. There is no word yet on an air-date or if it will run continuously for the season or be split into two parts.

• Advertisement

Fear The Walking Dead Flight 462 - Part 8

Fear The Walking Dead - Flight 462: Part 1 to Part 8

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

Xander Berkeley has been cast as Gregory (spoilers in article for non-comic readers):

http://nerdist.com/the-walking-dead-adds-xander-berkeley-in-major-role-for-season-6/

Fear The Walking Dead Season 2 will premiere April 10th
    AMC is taking a familiar divide-and-conquer approach with Fear the Walking Dead.

Mirroring the strategy the cable net has long employed with The Walking Dead: Original Flavor, AMC announced Friday that Fear the Walking Dead‘s 15-episode second season will be split into two parts, with the first half (seven episodes) launching Sunday, April 10 (9/8c) and the second half airing “later in 2016.”

Additionally, the Chris Hardwick-hosted Talking Dead will air immediately following every episode of Fear at 10/9c.

Fear The Walking Dead - Flight 462: Part 9

Fear the Walking Dead S02: "No Safe Harbor" Trailer

Fear the Walking Dead S02: "No Safe Harbor" Teaser #2

Fear The Walking Dead - Flight 462: Part 10

Fear The Walking Dead Flight 462: Part 11

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭frenchmartini

Anyone know if this will be on the Sky platform any time soon? Still waiting to see S1.

Anyone know if this will be on the Sky platform any time soon? Still waiting to see S1.

No word yet on Irish rights, it's currently only available in the UK on Sky on AMC UK. It will be available to stream on Amazon Prime Video on March 27th also.

• Advertisement

fear-the-walking-dead-season-21.jpg

Fear The Walking Dead Flight 462: Part 12

It's a good one this week :p

Fear The Walking Dead - Flight 462 Part 12

Fear The Walking Dead - Flight 462 Part 13

Fear The Walking Dead - Flight 462 Part 14

Fear The Walking Dead Flight 462: Part 15

Fear The Walking Dead Sneak Peek;

The miniseries is jokingly mini. All the parts together lasted maybe 13 minutes.

The miniseries is jokingly mini. All the parts together lasted maybe 13 minutes.

In fairness, it's only purpose was to keep the series in peoples minds and keep them slightly interested during the off season. The mini story will tie into the main FTWD show along with a character(s).

It will air a week after TWD Season 6 finale to try and maximize viewing numbers.

Fear the Walking Dead Flight 462: Part 16

Mini-series finale;

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,160 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Oddly in that short mini series I felt more for the few characters than for anyone who is a main character in FTWD.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Is there a link to all the parts together?

Advertisement