Advertisement
Private Profiles - an update on how they will be changing here
We've partnered up with Nixers.com to offer a space where you can talk directly to Peter from Nixers.com and get an exclusive Boards.ie discount code for a free job listing. If you are recruiting or know anyone else who is please check out the forum here.

Fear The Walking Dead - News/Details/Rumours

124678

Comments

  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,901 Mod ✭✭✭✭ DrPhilG


    jonon9 wrote: »
    You can watch it online.

    Legally?


  • Registered Users Posts: 7,207 ✭✭✭ naughto


    DrPhilG wrote: »
    Legally?

    Ah no bit off trickery envolved


  • Registered Users Posts: 20,511 ✭✭✭✭ FreudianSlippers


    I only got through the fist half - thought it was painfully boring. I'll keep watching, but it certainly doesn't have that pull that TWD pilot had!


  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,901 Mod ✭✭✭✭ DrPhilG


    naughto wrote: »
    Ah no bit off trickery envolved

    Figured that.

    I'll wait for the DVD so.


  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 21,872 Mod ✭✭✭✭ CramCycle


    I am not sure if I liked it or not. It has potential but I found the family dynamic flat out annoying. I did like the way the sounds in the background when they were outside seemed to be getting louder and more frequent. Maybe it was my imagination but it seemed like every outdoor scene carried more and more sirens and buzz in the background which I thought was a nice way to build tension because we know whats coming.
    Druggie Child: I am getting clean, I am not. Fair enough, but being able to overpower a reasonably athletic looking guy and presumably clean guy, gimme a break. While we are at it, was his dealer that stupid to hold the gun in full view when he was being so cooperative?
    Smart Child: Super smart, going to Berkeley, but taps away on her phone like a brat in front of the teacher, even though, I think I heard someone else say she teaches classes in her spare time because she is so smart?
    Step Dad: Could be OK, not sure of the point of his other family other than to have his heart broken or to give the family a mission, ie find the other family
    Mother: Waits for the call to say her son is dead but then tries to save him, then admits she doesn't think he cares, but then goes searching frantically. I think the Step dad cared more, between her and the daughter for most annoying character


  • Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭ Hank Scorpio


    CramCycle wrote: »
    Druggie Child: I am getting clean, I am not. Fair enough, but being able to overpower a reasonably athletic looking guy and presumably clean guy, gimme a break. While we are at it, was his dealer that stupid to hold the gun in full view when he was being so cooperative?
    Smart Child: Super smart, going to Berkeley, but taps away on her phone like a brat in front of the teacher, even though, I think I heard someone else say she teaches classes in her spare time because she is so smart?
    Step Dad: Could be OK, not sure of the point of his other family other than to have his heart broken or to give the family a mission, ie find the other family
    Mother: Waits for the call to say her son is dead but then tries to save him, then admits she doesn't think he cares, but then goes searching frantically. I think the Step dad cared more, between her and the daughter for most annoying character
    To be honest if there was a video circulating online of some guy getting pumped full of bullets and getting up again I wouldn't be paying too much attention to the blackboard. On the guy overpowering the dealer, I agree it wasn't the best writing but it's not that unbelievable, the black guy probably thought he didn't pose a threat and felt he was out of it in a zoned out state considering the way he was rambling. This show is trying to aim for a different angle than the action based plot TWD did. Not to discredit your points I think they're fair, I'm probably biased as I love post apocalyptic shows.


  • Subscribers Posts: 32,799 ✭✭✭✭ 5starpool


    DrPhilG wrote: »
    Figured that.

    I'll wait for the DVD so.

    If you have Sky you can tune in the new UK AMC channel in other channels and it should be available to watch legally there soon if your morals preclude you from it otherwise. Google will tell you if/when that should be available there.


  • Registered Users Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭ Marty McFly


    NUTZZ wrote: »
    No, there has been no official word on Irish rights apart from Setanta confirming it won't be part of their package here.

    Well that's a load of balls. Fecking BT Sports showing lots of ads for something we can't even get.


  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,901 Mod ✭✭✭✭ DrPhilG


    5starpool wrote: »
    If you have Sky you can tune in the new UK AMC channel in other channels and it should be available to watch legally there soon if your morals preclude you from it otherwise. Google will tell you if/when that should be available there.

    Worth a try. Only issue with that is that I can't record it so would need to actually be home and that's far too irregular!


  • Registered Users Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭ NUTZZ


    Just to note, there will be no new episode of Fear The Walking Dead on Sunday coming as it is Labor Day weekend in the US, episode 3 will air on September 13th. This means that Fear The Walking Dead will run straight from its Season 1 finale on Sunday October 4 to the Season 6 premiere of The Walking Dead on Sunday October 11.

    EDIT: This is for the airing on AMC in the US, not AMC TV in the UK.


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,054 ✭✭✭✭ Charlie19


    I was convinced after seeing all the ads on BT that I be able to watch this. Definitely going to cancel my sports package now.

    After reading the above post, it be a nice little run up to season 6 of twd. I'll have to watch it online.


  • Registered Users Posts: 17,572 ✭✭✭✭ Drumpot


    I tuned the amc station on sky but can't watch it. Seems a bit stupid that they can't get something as simple as making a channel available to subscribers in this day and age!


  • Registered Users Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭ NUTZZ


    Drumpot wrote: »
    I tuned the amc station on sky but can't watch it. Seems a bit stupid that they can't get something as simple as making a channel available to subscribers in this day and age!

    There's nothing stupid about it, its a Sky UK channel only (courtesy of BT), it's not available in Ireland as it currently stands.


  • Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭ Keplar240B


    What the frak is Labor Day weekend?


  • Registered Users Posts: 11,054 ✭✭✭✭ Charlie19


    NUTZZ wrote: »
    There's nothing stupid about it, its a Sky UK channel only (courtesy of BT), it's not available in Ireland as it currently stands.

    Of course there is some stupidity surrounding it. The show had been constantly advertised on BT sports anytime I was watching the football.

    I'm a UPC customer by the way.


  • Registered Users Posts: 11,447 ✭✭✭✭ expectationlost


    ah Guardian forgot about Labor day weekend and put up its review and broke an embargo https://www.theguardian.com/info/2015/sep/07/removed-fear-the-walking-dead-season-one-episode-three-the-dog now removed


  • Registered Users Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭ NUTZZ


    AMC Launches New Web Series Fear the Walking Dead: Flight 462

    fear-the-walking-dead-flight-462-1200x707.jpg
    Fear the Walking Dead may be concluding its first season this Sunday, October 4th, but “Fear” will continue to spread as AMC rolls out its newest web series, officially titled Fear the Walking Dead: Flight 462, online beginning this fall. The first installment of the 16-part series will debut on amc.com on Sunday, October 4th and will then air as promos during two commercial breaks within The Walking Dead Season 6 premiere episode on Sunday, October 11th.

    Subsequent episodes of Flight 462, each less than one minute long, will debut every Sunday, online and then on-air as promos during new episodes of The Walking Dead, for the duration of Season 6. In addition, one of the characters featured in the web series, which is produced by Fear the Walking Dead showrunner and executive producer Dave Erickson and co-executive producer David Wiener, will join the cast of Fear the Walking Dead Season 2.

    Fear the Walking Dead: Flight 462 tells the story of a group of passengers aboard a commercial airplane during the earliest moments of the outbreak. Over the course of the series, the plane and the lives of its passengers are put in jeopardy once they discover an infected traveler. The series is written by L. Signorino and Mike Zunic and directed by Fear director of photography Michael McDonough.

    “Flight 462 is a great extension of the world of Fear and will engage fans across multiple platforms with another riveting story set at the start of the fall of civilization,” said Joel Stillerman, president of original programming and development for AMC and SundanceTV. “We are thrilled to be collaborating with Dave Erickson and David Wiener on another piece of original content. Watching how they’ll bring one of these new characters to the second season of Fear will be really exciting for viewers to follow.”

    Don’t miss the Fear the Walking Dead Season 1 Finale Sunday at 9/8c on AMC and the show’s return for a second season of 15 episodes in 2016.


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,589 ✭✭✭ Paddy Cow


    I'm really looking forward to this. I remember seeing the plane meandering in the sky and wondering why no one mentioned it! I hope they do it justice. It would be terrifying to be in an enclosed space that high up in the sky and have someone turn into a zombie.

    We all know what zombie's are but for the sake of drama, every show has to pretend like people don't know and show how normal people would react to having someone coming back from the dead and trying to eat them. If this happened to me on an airplane, I think I'd have a heart attack from the shock.

    I just hope it plays out well. From the footage on the show, it looked like the pilots had lost control. Given how safety paranoid the US is since 9/11, it better not turn out that a zombie got into the cockpit.


  • Registered Users Posts: 6,995 Sofiztikated


    Paddy Cow wrote: »
    I'm really looking forward to this. I remember seeing the plane meandering in the sky and wondering why no one mentioned it! I hope they do it justice. It would be terrifying to be in an enclosed space that high up in the sky and have someone turn into a zombie.

    We all know what zombie's are but for the sake of drama, every show has to pretend like people don't know and show how normal people would react to having someone coming back from the dead and trying to eat them. If this happened to me on an airplane, I think I'd have a heart attack from the shock.

    I just hope it plays out well. From the footage on the show, it looked like the pilots had lost control. Given how safety paranoid the US is since 9/11, it better not turn out that a zombie got into the cockpit.

    A zed doesn't need to GET into the cockpit. There are 2 potential zeds there as it is. Remember, everyone turns. Pilot has a heart attack, or whatever, boom, reanimation baby.


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,074 pmasterson95


    Paddy Cow wrote: »
    I'm really looking forward to this. I remember seeing the plane meandering in the sky and wondering why no one mentioned it! I hope they do it justice. It would be terrifying to be in an enclosed space that high up in the sky and have someone turn into a zombie.

    We all know what zombie's are but for the sake of drama, every show has to pretend like people don't know and show how normal people would react to having someone coming back from the dead and trying to eat them. If this happened to me on an airplane, I think I'd have a heart attack from the shock.

    I just hope it plays out well. From the footage on the show, it looked like the pilots had lost control. Given how safety paranoid the US is since 9/11, it better not turn out that a zombie got into the cockpit.

    The zombie might turn in the cockpit. Whos the say pilot didnt get a scratch and turned?


  • Registered Users Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭ NUTZZ


    Fear the Walking Dead: Flight 462 - Episode 1




  • Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭ clever user name


    A minute and a half? Christ, I thought they would more like 5 or 10 minutes.

    Mucho disappointo :(


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭ thegreengoblin


    Nice build-up of drama and tension and then gone. Ffs.

    It would surely be better to wait until they've all been broadcast and then watch it in one go. It seems utterly ludicrous and pointless doing it this way not to mention downright frustrating. Who comes up with these ridiculous ideas?


  • Registered Users Posts: 17,216 ✭✭✭✭ Thargor


    A minute and a half? Christ, I thought they would more like 5 or 10 minutes.

    Mucho disappointo :(
    Nice build-up of drama and tension and then gone. Ffs.

    It would surely be better to wait until they've all been broadcast and then watch it in one go. It seems utterly ludicrous and pointless doing it this way not to mention downright frustrating. Who comes up with these ridiculous ideas?
    I thought I must have done something wrong when I watched that on my phone last night, idiotic, there will be a hundred versions of them all edited together on Youtube 5 minutes after the last one is released, Ill wait for that.


  • Registered Users Posts: 5,143 ✭✭✭ Yakuza


    Thargor wrote: »
    I thought I must have done something wrong when I watched that on my phone last night, idiotic, there will be a hundred versions of them all edited together on Youtube 5 minutes after the last one is released, Ill wait for that.

    This. Waiting a week for a minute or two's footage is a nonsense, I'd rather wait until they're all out and stitched together and watch it in one go.


  • Registered Users Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭ NUTZZ


    A Look at Season 2: Fear the Walking Dead




  • Registered Users Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭ NUTZZ


    Fear The Walking Dead: Flight 462 Episode 2



  • Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ Calibos


    This new 49 seconds really moved the story forwards.... :rolleyes:


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭ NUTZZ


    Fear The Walking Dead - Flight 462 : Part 3

    It really picks up the pace this week! :pac:



Advertisement