Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lidls version of the Nutribullet

• 14-01-2016 11:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭

Lidl's Silvercrest Nutrition Mixer 700w 19,000rpm. €39.99
    In stores this morning.
    Looks decent enough.
    (If anyone gets it, can you please let me know how it is in comparison to the Nutribullet?)

http://www.lidl.ie/en/Offers.htm?action=showDetail&id=34972

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭alanhiggyno1

mimimcmc wrote: »
    Lidl's Silvercrest Nutrition Mixer 700w 19,000rpm. €39.99
    In stores this morning.
    Looks decent enough.
    (If anyone gets it, can you please let me know how it is in comparison to the Nutribullet?)

http://www.lidl.ie/en/Offers.htm?action=showDetail&id=34972
    its brillaint got one earlier.it was on the dailymail.co.uk yesterdayhttp://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/food/article-3395410/Can-Lidl-s-29-version-Nutribullet-compete-80-rival-FEMAIL-pits-thrifty-gadget-against-original-REALLY-delivers.html.says it all there.im very pleased with mine made the perfect smoothie for next to nothing

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭danmanw8

700W wouldn't be as strong as some of the main stream ones. Would be fine for fruit & veg. Could struggle with nuts & ice.

did the job for me perfectly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭danmanw8

xtal191 wrote: »

The basic model yes. The NutriBullet Pro is 900W, The NUtriPro basic is 1000W and the NutriNinja basic model is 900.

I'm sure you noticed my original post said "as some of the main stream ones"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

700W should be good for most things. I have the 900W and have used the 700W before and its still great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 391 ✭✭nailer54321

Have a nutribullet 600W have no problems with anything I put into it, this one looks even better, Just because it is a lot cheaper than the nutri bullet does not make it any less a good product, people need to read the specs on these products and not follow all the hipe you seen on these shopping channels with brand names, pitty it was not out when I was looking for one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Hubbie picked up mine today! Delighted as I got a bonus from work and was going to use it to buy a nutribullet in Argos when the came back into stock in my local store.
    (Now to find something else to spend my one4all voucher on)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 400 ✭✭camz09

Would frozen bananas be ok in this?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭strelok

camz09 wrote: »
    Would frozen bananas be ok in this?

i've a weaker kenwood and it destroys frozen banana, skin on and all.
    can't see it having any issue, so long as you've a bit of liquid in there

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭bee_dix

Anybody know of any Lidl with stock? tryed Swords, Finglas, and glasnevin, all gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭bee_dix

bee_dix wrote: »
    Anybody know of any Lidl with stock? tryed Swords, Finglas, and glasnevin, all gone.

Never mind i phoned lidl head office and they said they where sold out nationwide by lunchtime yesterday. :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭c montgomery

Never mind i phoned lidl head office and they said they where sold out nationwide by lunchtime yesterday. :eek:

Just got one in youghal cork, 8 left after me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,923 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

anyone been to galway/brierhill/oranmore shop?
    many left if any?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,454 ✭✭✭jamesd

None in ATHLONE or Ballinasloe , let me know if you try galway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,481 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

They lied.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

I got the Breville Blend Active 300W before christmas for €26, if I had seen this before christmas, i would have ponied up the extra 14E

• Closed Accounts Posts: 268 ✭✭Domane

Loads left in Lidl in Trim, Co. Meath last night. I have the nutri ninja that I got in Argos for €49.99 last November. I use it everyday and it cleans up nice and quick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭c montgomery

Used it for the first time today, very impressed with it. Old blender has been retired.

40 euro is excellent value IMHO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭MayoSalmon

When will these be back in stock? Dublin area

MayoSalmon wrote: »
    When will these be back in stock? Dublin area

Are they not just a special offer item so maybe back in a few months again ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭Andre 3000

Are these still being sold does anyone know?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Used mine for the first times last night - brilliant!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 608 ✭✭✭maik3n

Aldi have their own version on sale this coming Thursday
    http://www.aldi.ie/en/specialbuys/thur-18-feb/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭boredatwork82

Do these blenders properly blend veg(kale etc.) ? I have a breville acti blend about 2 years now. But it's not great on veg.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭MayoSalmon

Went to Aldi 40 minutes after opening..all sold out.

I thought as a supermarket they would be very well versa in the economics of supply and demand. How come then 40 minutes into an offer they can be sold out.

Nonsense stuff and was the same with the Lidl offer by all accounts

MayoSalmon wrote: »
    Went to Aldi 40 minutes after opening..all sold out.

I thought as a supermarket they would be very well versa in the economics of supply and demand. How come then 40 minutes into an offer they can be sold out.

Nonsense stuff and was the same with the Lidl offer by all accounts
    I imagine they know exactly what they are doing perhaps. :cool:

They know (for whatever reason), these machines are a hot ticket these days.
    That can't/won't last forever though, so they decide to get a limited run of them and sell out rather than risk getting a BOAT load of them and ending up with some in storage.
    Mind you, by limited run, I would hope we would be talking a minimum of 10 anyways.

Sold out already in clonee and blanchardstown according to facebook. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Benbecul97

Galway, Headford Rd - sold out when I checked at 10:50.

Galway, Westside - sold out when I checked at 1100 and was told there that Galway, Knocknacarra was also sold out but I chanced going there anyway when I was close by. And I was lucky!

Galway, Knocknacarra - had 6 when I checked at 11:10. I took 1 and another customer took 1. When I left at 11:20 there were 4 still available - 3 champagne / 1 silver. They were only still available there at that time after they discovered that these remaining blenders were originally put on display in an incorrect location / way on the shop floor, so they then moved them to the correct location / way.

All 3 stores had queues this morning just for this blender. I believe some people left the Knocknacarra store disappointed earlier. I hope they get sorted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Just went to the Wexford branch by Clonard Village.

No sign of any left so we asked a girl could she check the stockroom. She reappeared with a box of 4 and asked us what colour we wanted, delighted.

So at least 3 left there, maybe more in the back as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 709 ✭✭✭frogstar

Was at aldi in Parnell street at 8.50 this morning. About five people there. Great I thought

By 9am there were about 30 people. When the doors opened there was a scrum to get in and people running down the aisle

They probably only had about 7-9 in stock. OT was poorly laid out cos you didn't know where they were (in middle of aisle with everything else). People who were looking for other things were getting caught up

The older men/women were a disgrace barging in and cursing. I've never seen anything like it. Probably what a black Friday event would be like!

I refused to get involved in the madness so I had to walk away empty handed

Surely a better way to organise it. The stock was far too low. 7-9?? Perhaps staff were holding some for friends. And there should be a ticketing system or something. Not fair on those in the queue to miss out because of the disgraceful behaviour of others. Maybe I'm too soft but I might just buy the real version!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭strelok

frogstar wrote: »

Surely a better way to organise it. The stock was far too low. 7-9?? Perhaps staff were holding some for friends. And there should be a ticketing system or something. Not fair on those in the queue to miss out because of the disgraceful behaviour of others. Maybe I'm too soft but I might just buy the real version!

if you can pick up a nutri ninja cheap on amazon or argos, it's well well worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 wicklowwitch

Aldi in Greystones got 7 and were sold out by 9.01 one minute after opening, Bray got 12 and were sold out in the same time as Greystones. It's so annoying and some people bought 2 and 3 of them and with such limited stock that shouldn't be allowed it should be 1 per customer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Just used it for the first time.

Water, Greek yogurt, frozen berries, banana, kiwi and ice.

Pulverized it all in seconds no problem, very happy camper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭skinny90

Didn't get one myself, has anyone seen the Twitter bashing they are getting from the lack of stock?from experience has anyone seen aldi bring back the deal due to stock issues. I say this with hope before I buy the closest thing to it for 50 quid more

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭cronos

Any links to the best online options. Must be some equal options online somewhere.

skinny90 wrote: »
    Didn't get one myself, has anyone seen the Twitter bashing they are getting from the lack of stock?from experience has anyone seen aldi bring back the deal due to stock issues. I say this with hope before I buy the closest thing to it for 50 quid more

The deal wont be back until this time next year. Same as all the other deals they do - once they're gone, they're gone!

Don't give up hope on finding one just yet. Check the Store locator on Aldi.ie and maybe some store(s) in the less populated areas will still have some. Maybe you have friends/family living in these areas?
    cronos wrote: »
    Any links to the best online options. Must be some equal options online somewhere.

Budget Or Bust? Nutrition Blenders Put To The Test.

Battle of the blenders: are the Nutribullet's cheap rivals any good?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,010 ✭✭✭bren2001

Benbecul97 wrote: »
    The deal wont be back until this time next year. Same as all the other deals they do - once they're gone, they're gone!

Don't give up hope on finding one just yet. Check the Store locator on Aldi.ie and maybe some store(s) in the less populated areas will still have some. Maybe you have friends/family living in these areas?

That ludicrous, their deals are not once in a year at all. Sure the cycling gear is on every 2-3 months. With such a demand for these, they will be back before the summer.

Real bargain basement alternative for anyone that fancies it.
    Eurogiant stores have a 250w nutrient blender machine for €25.

A more suitable alternative would probably be the Salter NutriPro for £50.
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listing/B010FDLGTU/

bren2001 wrote: »
    That ludicrous, their deals are not once in a year at all. Sure the cycling gear is on every 2-3 months. With such a demand for these, they will be back before the summer.

No, not ludicrous! Most specials are seasonal - like the cycling gear.
    High demand items - TVs, laptops, Sat Navs etc - are not necessarily rerun.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭yoshimitsu

strelok wrote: »
    if you can pick up a nutri ninja cheap on amazon or argos, it's well well worth it.
    Couldnt agree more... bought the NutriNinja for £65 on amazon (plus €3 Paecel Wizard). Extremely happy with it. have been using it daily for the past 2 weeks so possibly well passed the "honeymoon period". My daughter is drinking kale and carrot smoothies which is almost a miracle!
    The motor is a bit more powerful than the Lidl one but it may not make that much of a difference. Although in general on a kitchen appliance like this I would rather buy a name brand product. Had a Lidl regular blender and it became unusable after about a year as the rubber bit that connects the motor to the blades lost its grip.

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭yoshimitsu

frogstar wrote: »
    Was at aldi in Parnell street at 8.50 this morning.
    That is possibly the worse Lidl I've ever seen (including Italy and Spain where I've lived before). Its what I imagine food shopping must've been like in the USSR during the cold war when they were rationing food:
    People ripping stuff from eachother's hands, stealing stuff from baskets and trolleys left unattended, security guards muscling people left and right... it truly is a pretty sad and frustrating experience

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭sok2005

I have the Nutri Go 900W and I find it superb. Got it in Tescos. It's €59 but I had a voucher so I got it for €49.
    It hasn't failed me yet with any blend.

http://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=290613275

No info on their website but it's available to purchase online. It's called the Prolectrix.

maik3n wrote: »
    Real bargain basement alternative for anyone that fancies it.
    Eurogiant stores have a 250w nutrient blender machine for €25.

A more suitable alternative would probably be the Salter NutriPro for £50.
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listing/B010FDLGTU/

Don't bother with electronic stuff from EuroGiant. They are rubbish.

You can get the Kenwood Smoothie2Go 300W for less than €30 in the likes of Argos and Currys. I have one and its brilliant.

Salter Nutri Go 900W for just under €47 + €7 tracked delivery to ROI.
    http://www.thehut.com/kitchen-appliances/salter-prolectrix-nutri-go-blender-900/11182312.html

Alternatively, you could order it with parcel wizard/NI and get it for €47 + €4. :cool:

Salter Nutri Go 900W for just under €47 + €7 tracked delivery to ROI.
    http://www.thehut.com/kitchen-appliances/salter-prolectrix-nutri-go-blender-900/11182312.html

Alternatively, you could order it with parcel wizard/NI and get it for €47 + €4. :cool:

Similar for €59 in Tesco stores if anyone wants to buy in a physical store. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 709 ✭✭✭frogstar

Techmaster wrote: »
    Similar for €59 in Tesco stores if anyone wants to buy in a physical store. :)

Thanks had a look and Like the sound of this and it's 900W. Think I'll pick it up during the week

You can order the ALDI ''nutri bullet'' online now.
    http://www.aldi.co.uk/nutrient-blender/p/069143022483900

Will need to use ParcelMotel/ParcelWizard/Addresspal though. :p

You can order the ALDI ''nutri bullet'' online now.
    http://www.aldi.co.uk/nutrient-blender/p/069143022483900

Will need to use ParcelMotel/ParcelWizard/Addresspal though. :p

And have the same uk address on your credit card so need to use revolut.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭skinny90

Did it last night. Already dispatched

• Advertisement
Advertisement