Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quick Reviews - Liquid

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Madame Vapes [a line from Grand Vapes] - Geisha - Loving this stuff! I love any of the yogurt based juices I've tried to date in fact. And this is no exception, in fact, it's possibly the nicest. Lychee and mango cream yoghurt! Mmmmm. It really is good. Anyone who may have tried Versus Vape's Annex will find this one tasting familiar. They are very alike, but Annex is more on the peachy side. I actually prefer this Geisha, and it's cheaper! Nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,389 ✭✭✭jonski

I don't really do liquid reviews, I don't really buy liquids ................. DIY ftw .

But....... I will say that if you like the taste of blackjack sweets then the BlackJack concentrate from flavourart is really nice . I'm mixing it at 10% and it's just enough of the taste without being too strong or too sweet . The smell of blackjack is fairly strong though so if you live in a house where the others don't like it then you will find yourself vaping outside .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,389 ✭✭✭jonski

I don't really do liquid reviews, I don't really buy liquids ................. DIY ftw .

But....... I will say that if you like the taste of blackjack sweets then the BlackJack concentrate from flavourart is really nice . I'm mixing it at 10% and it's just enough of the taste without being too strong or too sweet . The smell of blackjack is fairly strong though so if you live in a house where the others don't like it then you will find yourself vaping outside .

• Registered Users Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

I stopped into Republic of Vape over the weekend and was looking to try something new. I didn't catch the guys name but he was really sound and let me try a few different juices before I bought one. He even gave me a replacement glass for my subtank mini for a few quid cheaper.
    In the end I opted for DRPN Donuts Bear Claw.
    http://republicofvape.ie/shop/bear-claw/

It's absolutely delicious. I'm not a fan of cinnamon at all but this is very subtle and not overpowering in the slightest. I'd highly recommend it and I'll definitely be buying it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

They have some great juice, they're becoming my go to site these days. I like the way the flavours are listed under each juice without you having to click into its individual page, a simple thing but it makes browsing the site much handier.

• Advertisement

Way too many juices out there right now at €20+ per 30ml. I feel like we're paying as much for the arty-farty labels as we are for the juice itself. How can some companies do 120ml for not much more? I see the €20+ per 30 juices as a special treat now. Especially when I go through that much in about 2-3 days. I had to start looking for cheaper alternative. SO will be trying some DIY soon. But, I have found a decent juice, €23 for 120ml.

White lightening juices, http://vapeisland.town.ie/products/361341

it's €5 postage for one bottle, but even for €28, you're getting 4x 30ml, and it's pretty good. The Unicorn Cake is as good a any of the usual strawberry milk/cake ones out there, their 'S.K.Y' is also good [strawberry, kiwi, yogurt] and atm I have 'Berry Blast' - which is a fruit smoothie, and pretty good too. The only one I actually didn't like was Super Cereal, the one I thought I'd like most. I still buy some old fav's in 30ml, but I like to have a bottle of this stuff on side, so I don't run dry.

Way too many juices out there right now at €20+ per 30ml. I feel like we're paying as much for the arty-farty labels as we are for the juice itself. How can some companies do 120ml for not much more? I see the €20+ per 30 juices as a special treat now. Especially when I go through that much in about 2-3 days. I had to start looking for cheaper alternative. SO will be trying some DIY soon. But, I have found a decent juice, €23 for 120ml.

White lightening juices, http://vapeisland.town.ie/products/361341

it's €5 postage for one bottle, but even for €28, you're getting 4x 30ml, and it's pretty good. The Unicorn Cake is as good a any of the usual strawberry milk/cake ones out there, their 'S.K.Y' is also good [strawberry, kiwi, yogurt] and atm I have 'Berry Blast' - which is a fruit smoothie, and pretty good too. The only one I actually didn't like was Super Cereal, the one I thought I'd like most. I still buy some old fav's in 30ml, but I like to have a bottle of this stuff on side, so I don't run dry.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭jambofc

totally agree on the ott prices.....

bargainvapour do 100ml hangsen for 14.50

vanilla custard one of the nicest ive tasted

ry4 very nice vape

usa mix good smokey taste

i wouldn't pay any more than €15 for 30ml and even at that it would have to be exceptional

• Closed Accounts Posts: 588 ✭✭✭jno547

jambofc wrote: »
    totally agree on the ott prices.....

bargainvapour do 100ml hangsen for 14.50

vanilla custard one of the nicest ive tasted

ry4 very nice vape

usa mix good smokey taste

i wouldn't pay any more than €15 for 30ml and even at that it would have to be exceptional

And scary to think what the TPD will do to pricing and the taxes that our beloved govt will slap on liquid tobacco products. It's an uncertain future for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭jousting with chairs

jno547 wrote: »
    And scary to think what the TPD will do to pricing and the taxes that our beloved govt will slap on liquid tobacco products. It's an uncertain future for sure.

They've really nailed the tax on in Italy on any juice containing nicotine, look at the prices inc vat on the Flavourart site.

Scary stuff

http://flavourart.com/en/store/eliquid/

• Advertisement

They've really nailed the tax on in Italy on any juice containing nicotine, look at the prices inc vat on the Flavourart site.

Scary stuff

Time to develop a liking for 0 nic flavourless base methinks !!!!

Time to develop a liking for 0 nic flavourless base methinks !!!!

Or stick some nic in the freezer, I'm down to 2 - 3mg now so what I have should last me a few years, surely they will have seen sense by then.

surely they will have seen sense by then.

Do you really believe they will ?????
    Is there a time limit on storing nic frozen do you know?

Do you really believe they will ?????
    Is there a time limit on storing nic frozen do you know?

No,just fooling myself.
    Once they tax it,it's here to stay I'd say.

From what I've read nic in a pg base (apparently stores better than vg base) can last over 10 years, even then it doesn't go off just loses some strength.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭8mm

Scary stuff

http://flavourart.com/en/store/eliquid/

Jaysus - knew this was coming but did not expect to see outrageous taxes for a few years yet. Poor Italians with a 134.5% sin tax for improving their health. This feels so wrong and even evil.

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭Didihno

Proof positive that lives do not matter and that the gravy train must not be derailed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

Back to the Black Market again :D:D

Got myself a bottle of Teleos Remixed The Milk 2, loved the original, the clone was good but I went through so much of it that it lost it's kudos.
    The Milk 2 is every bit as good as the original, creamy, cereal, lemon, vanilla, it's all there.
    Trond, if you see this try it, you won't be disappointed.

Never tried the Gypsy juices, but have tried white lightening. They're alright, I found them a bit weak on the flavour side. Unicorn cake is about the best one, the donuts one wasn't out at the time. Some of them look interesting, and the price is as good as you'll get.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭nuttyboy79

I've tried 3 of the White Lightening ones Super Cereal, Unicorn Cake and S.K.Y.

Super Cereal is really nice reminds me of Teleos The Milk, Unicorn Cake is subtle but nice definite strawberry light cream, S.K.Y. is really nice too really refreshing kiwi, strawberry flavour. But overall good juices and at 23 quid for 120ml you really can't go wrong.

Super cereal is the one I couldn't get on with, tasted like wash up liquid mixed with a little strawberry, wasn't getting cereal from it at all. It's not jut that one though, it tastes identical to Cerealized, by Grand vapors, terrible stuff [IMO] Whatever lemon they use isn't good.

Thanks for the reviews...
    There is alot Ml in the bottle if one didn't like it,I might try a bottle of the Donuts when I order my FP from him...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

I'm just finishing off a bottle of unicorn milk and I will be buying another shortly. I might try one of the others as well.

I have really enjoyed it and for the price it's excellent.

Juice has to get cheaper, because this sub ohming lark gets through a tonne of it. I'm vaping more a week than I was a month two years ago and it is getting almost as expensive as smoking.

That's for sure Fred,10ml would last me a week back then & some over,today,some sub ohm tank coils will last a bit longer than others,but €4 a pop,that is expensive as well.
    So DIY & cheap liquid is a must & also RBA's.

I'm just finishing off a bottle of unicorn milk and I will be buying another shortly. I might try one of the others as well.

I have really enjoyed it and for the price it's excellent.

Juice has to get cheaper, because this sub ohming lark gets through a tonne of it. I'm vaping more a week than I was a month two years ago and it is getting almost as expensive as smoking.

You mean the Unicorn cake? Because Unicorn milk is another over priced juice

Why do you think I started DIY mixing? I haven't paid for juice in 2 months now, and though I spent as much on getting started out and buying tonnes of flavourings and bits and bobs for mixing, I'll save a tonne in the long run. I have juice for months steeping away, and the goods to make a whole heap more. I keep buying extras because it's a bit addictive :D I don't need to.

I think everyone who uses a lot of juice should look into doing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭kingtiger

got some lovely "Dragons blood" clone concentrate from picknmixdiy today

have to give the guy a bit of plug, as he runs a great business

With those pre mixed concentrates, what % di you mix them at? I might knock up some of the milkman.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

With those pre mixed concentrates, what % di you mix them at? I might knock up some of the milkman.

Depends, they differ. The mothers milk clone is mixed at 23%.

• Advertisement

Depends, they differ. The mothers milk clone is mixed at 23%.

So I'd use 23ml in a 100 ml mix?

Advertisement