Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

J1 OceanCity Maryland (merged)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 OC_J1

Hey,

I'm heading over with 4 or 5 mates all lads.
    Haven't been before but it looks amazing. Going at the start of June :)

I also heard its very easy to get jobs!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Sinead.m93

Awh cool where abouts are you from?
    Do you know anyone who has been before?
    looks class hopefully get a job handy enough !!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Cliffy085

There is 4 of us all girls thinking of heading out.. Any chance ye know any facebook pages that would help with jobs and places to stay? Thanks 😄

Ye search Ocean City 2015 I'm sure they will start posting stuff soon. Can't wait 😀

Have ye started looking for accom or jobs yet??

• Advertisement

Cliffy085 wrote: »
    Have ye started looking for accom or jobs yet??

We have looked for accommodation not jobs, haven't booked any accommodation yet though! Link me your Facebook in PM if yas want to discuss it more

send ya a private message there

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Danmoore06

OC_J1 wrote: »
    Hey,

I'm heading over with 4 or 5 mates all lads.
    Haven't been before but it looks amazing. Going at the start of June :)

I also heard its very easy to get jobs!!

I'm heading over myself to Ocean City was wondering if you'd be looking for an extra person for accommodation pm your Facebook and I'll add you

• Registered Users Posts: 1 nikaykay94

hey guys!! Myself and 2 other girls(21,20 and 19) all heading out from the 24th of may looking to share a house too!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Gary994

Hey! I'm looking for people to share accommodation with. I was meant to be going with two of my friends both they pulled out so I'm just going to go ahead myself anyway. Get back to me if your interested. Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36 Shinnaynay

So who's going to Ocean City this summer?

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭rorrissey

Hey! I just replied to you over on the San Diego thread ahahaha! Basically I'm going over with 5 or 6 other girls and we are all over the place in terms of organisation. Booked with USIT in hopes of getting a California job, but we're too late so I'd say we'll end up in Ocean City! Supposed to be a good spot in terms of house parties, etc... Which is good because we are all 19 - 20! I'm not 21 until July!

Have you jobs and accommodation sorted? I've booked a virtual interview with a pizza place!

Haha did you!! Ya same thing as ourselves, we got a job in San Diego after weeks upon weeks of phone calls and emails. But your man didn't have enough info to fill in our job application form this early. Sayit want it by end of this month. The pressure to find a job in Diego town is too much so Ocean City it is.

I've heard amazing things. My boyfriend went their last summer with all his friends and had a mental time. Plenty of jobs, house parties and things to do. I've applied to work in the waterpark (advised by those who went last year) as its great craic, along with other restaurants etc. Hoping to get the job in the water park, work for a month and then go for a restaurant to make sweet tips.

As of yet no jobs, accommodation to follow then once we get jobs.

Haha brilliant, is that Caruso Pizza by any chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭rorrissey

Shinnaynay wrote: »
    Haha did you!! Ya same thing as ourselves, we got a job in San Diego after weeks upon weeks of phone calls and emails. But your man didn't have enough info to fill in our job application form this early. Sayit want it by end of this month. The pressure to find a job in Diego town is too much so Ocean City it is.

I've heard amazing things. My boyfriend went their last summer with all his friends and had a mental time. Plenty of jobs, house parties and things to do. I've applied to work in the waterpark (advised by those who went last year) as its great craic, along with other restaurants etc. Hoping to get the job in the water park, work for a month and then go for a restaurant to make sweet tips.

As of yet no jobs, accommodation to follow then once we get jobs.

Haha brilliant, is that Caruso Pizza by any chance?

It's Pino's Pizza I think, what's the pay like at the water park do you know? The only reason I'm choosing waitressing at the moment is because of tips! :pac:

Pay is 7.25$, taking the low pay because its good fun and a relaxing job. Your dead right, hoping to work the second month as a waitress to boost up the funds :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,502 ✭✭✭bennyl10

So who's going to Ocean City this summer?

Hi! Myself and four other girls are heading there this summer! Are you sorted for accommodation yet?

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Hi! Myself and four other girls are heading there this summer! Are you sorted for accommodation yet?

Nope not yet, I've been given landlords and houses to contact. But I think we are going to sort our job first and then look into accommodation afterwards. You?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 jem92

would anyone be up for sharing accommodation..? theres only two of us going so we're going to need a heap more people to join if we wanted it anyway cheaper.. ha

• Registered Users Posts: 5 shannon240

hey im going over with my friend for the summer to ocean city. We booked through Sayit and got waitressing jobs! only issue is we are both 20 and just worried about not getting in anywhere. other than that i cant wait to have an optimistically unbelievable summer !!

jem92 wrote: »
    would anyone be up for sharing accommodation..? theres only two of us going so we're going to need a heap more people to join if we wanted it anyway cheaper.. ha

Ya we will be looking for people to share with too!!

• Advertisement

shannon240 wrote: »
    hey im going over with my friend for the summer to ocean city. We booked through Sayit and got waitressing jobs! only issue is we are both 20 and just worried about not getting in anywhere. other than that i cant wait to have an optimistically unbelievable summer !!

You don't need to be 21 to have a good time in Ocean City :) Everyone I know who went last year were also 20, they had unbelievable craic!

Ya we will be looking for people to share with too!!

definitely.. we're easy going so we will stay anywhere!! gonna try and sort out work this week too.. how many of yous are going over? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10 foneill100

Hey I was supposed to be heading over with 10 lads and now it could be 2 others but I'm worried that the others might back out :/ I really really really want to go and I'm not backing out now so would be anyone be cool with me potentially joining anyone? I know it sounds weird me saying this on my own but after saving up so much and my girlfriend going over I feel so stuck on what to do :/ Buuuuut I'm very outgoing and make friends quick and in general a good room mate so if anyone needs an extra room mate just let me know :D

Soooo basically I had been planning a j1 trip this summer to Ocean City Maryland. It all looked well and good but pretty suddenly the group dynamic fell apart and all my mates backed out(too much cost,internships etc). Now I'm basically left on my own.

I could stay in Ireland for the summer, but I have wanted this for aaaaages and won't get the chance next summer. As well as that my girlfriend is going over too and really want to see her for the summer.

I don't know what to do now,so I guess I'm:
    A. Looking for advice,maybe from someone who's been in this position before.

B.Looking to see if there are any group of people going over who need someone else for accommodation? I know it seems sad one guy going on his own and looking for strangers but I'm a pretty normal decent student who just had some bad luck! I'm 20 years old and studying at UCC and willing to live with any group who are friendly and outgoing :D

so if you need a roomate let me know!!

Well we will definitely want male house mates, currently there are six of us (all female) and I personally could not hack living with just girls. Ideally would love to live with a load of lads, so even 4 lads would make the balance ALOT better. And rent cheaper :P

Ah yeah a fair balance of male/female normally makes things a bit less hectic :P If your interested anyway just PM me on this or something! Promise I'm a good clean roomate :D

we would be up for sharing too.. me and one of my friends heading over.. and hes a boy so its always better craic with a mixture of ones :)

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭cian casey

Is there a J1 facebook group for ocean city this year ?? :s

cian casey wrote: »
    Is there a J1 facebook group for ocean city this year ?? :s

There is ya, but none of them seem to be ran by Irish or have much Irish input at the moment. If anyone decides to set one up let me know. Here are all the ones I'm part of:

h tt ps: / /w ww.facebook.com/groups/529805983827698/
    ht tps :/ /ww w.facebook.com/groups/700614720033232/
    htt ps:/ /ww w .facebook.com/groups/OC2015OFFICIAL/
    ht tps: / / w ww.facebook.com/groups/bgisland/

• Advertisement

I know of one for UCC if anyone needs is going there :)

Advertisement