Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment 2015

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Johannes_Cabal

Glad to have the AC out of the way, hard part done in my opinion.

Mixed feelings about how well I have done, but only time will tell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Goonerdee

Can't believe some have the AC done already, mine is so far away!

Goonerdee wrote: »
    Can't believe some have the AC done already, mine is so far away!

The only down side to mine being so early, is I'll have to wait much longer for the results.

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭shanevendrell

Folks, am I right or wrong in saying that in campaigns 1 and 2 that there was early phasing of recruits through to the latter stages before others had finished their AC's or am I wrong? Essentially, is there an advantage to having to go first?

Folks, am I right or wrong in saying that in campaigns 1 and 2 that there was early phasing of recruits through to the latter stages before others had finished their AC's or am I wrong? Essentially, is there an advantage to having to go first?

Have you had your AC yet?

I believe in C1 the highest scoring candidates were phased through at first and the remainder sent a delay email/letter. I think it was pretty much a similar thing with C2.

• Advertisement

Phasing happens after AC. No advantage to doing it first.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Homer01

Have you had your AC yet?

I believe in C1 the highest scoring candidates were phased through at first and the remainder sent a delay email/letter. I think it was pretty much a similar thing with C2.

What he said. So yes advantage to go first AND score exceptionally well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Timetravel

Have my AC done also. Was told at it that you could be phased through before you get your AC result to do the PCA and then you would have the possibility of passing PCA then getting your AC result and being out of the running. Highly doubt that this would ever happen. As far as I am aware you have to pass the AC before you can do PCA and you may get a breakdown of your AC score once you've done the PCA.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭WannabePC

Timetravel wrote: »
    Have my AC done also. Was told at it that you could be phased through before you get your AC result to do the PCA and then you would have the possibility of passing PCA then getting your AC result and being out of the running. Highly doubt that this would ever happen. As far as I am aware you have to pass the AC before you can do PCA and you may get a breakdown of your AC score once you've done the PCA.

I would really doubt that people would get a date for the PCA before getting the AC results at all, especially if you haven't scored high enough to pass. Deloitte manage the process up until the AC stage and then hand the list of applicants who passed to the PSNI who then process the applicants according to highest order of merit in phases of about 100 or so. It's in your interest to score as high as possible at the AC so you get processed through in the first fee batches and stand a better chance of getting in if they're only taking a minimal amount of recruits.

I was told the same, asked the lady carrying out the debrief a few questions about it and she was fairly certain they could phase candidates through stages before the AC results are released. I don't know how they could do it but it is what is being said by Deloitte.

• Advertisement

I dont think that can be true. As far as I recall there is a pass mark in the AC, you would need all the results in before you could set a pass mark.

I dont think that can be true. As far as I recall there is a pass mark in the AC, you would need all the results in before you could set a pass mark.

I think the pass park is set at 60% every year and doesn't budge. It was for the last 2 campaigns but we'll see what happens for this one.

According to the Deloitte rep at the AC, it's possible they may process candidates before AC results go out, not saying it makes any sense though. It basically comes down to what the PSNI want to do, after all they control how the recruitment process is carried out. It doesn't really matter how it was done in previous years, they could make everyone act out Macbeth if they felt it would benefit the process.

They could be thinking if they begin the vetting and medical process early on it would help cut the amount of high scorers not getting in due to either of these stages taking too long. I don't know, like everything in this process we can second guess and query why they do things, but we'll just never know.

Can confirm what the others have said, phasing to begin in March for selected candidates before results are out.

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭iamveryhopeful

Can confirm what the others have said, phasing to begin in March for selected candidates before results are out.

is this good news or bad news for the 1405 campaign?

Does it mean they are so in need of new recruits they are blasting 1405ers through even past the supposed cut off date of March/April. And then fast tracking this latest campaign?

Or does it mean they are close to cutting off the 1405 campaign so they need to start pulling from the new one asap......

is this good news or bad news for the 1405 campaign?

Does it mean they are so in need of new recruits they are blasting 1405ers through even past the supposed cut off date of March/April. And then fast tracking this latest campaign?

Or does it mean they are close to cutting off the 1405 campaign so they need to start pulling from the new one asap......

Personally I'd take it as a good sign.

Just a thought, but they could be doing it in order to maximise squad numbers, so instead of 25 being called for the last squad/s of C2, they may also call the high scorers in C3 to fill that intake up. Obviously that depends on how low on the C2 merit list they go and when that would be, also depends on whether or not they actually do start phasing C3 early and if the dates overlap. Just a thought though....probably a load of waffle in reality.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Ghost15

Wouldn't get my hopes up.. remember when deloitte told us all that our results for c3 would be out by midnight on that exact date and they never came? Lol

Ghost15 wrote: »
    Wouldn't get my hopes up.. remember when deloitte told us all that our results for c3 would be out by midnight on that exact date and they never came? Lol

It's a shame we can't get clarification from the PSNI.

As much as I believe that Deloitte are providing us with accurate info, I can't help but be cautious of any possible miscommunication between themselves and the PSNI regarding this. I suppose we just have to sit tight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Mop a top

Vetting seems to be the major hold up for anyone who's hadn't cleared in previous campaigns. Perhaps they'll start with that since its only paperwork and easily organised into a merit list after grades are achieved. Or perhaps anyone who scores 90%+ will get an invite to PCA before the grades are issued

Do you mind if I ask how you know this buddy?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭iamveryhopeful

It's a shame we can't get clarification from the PSNI.

As much as I believe that Deloitte are providing us with accurate info, I can't help but be cautious of any possible miscommunication between themselves and the PSNI regarding this. I suppose we just have to sit tight.

Haha you're telling me. Evidently they don't communicate at all!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Timetravel

It's weird that they would put people through PCA before the results are out. If I'm honest when I was told this at first I thought it was a mistake. Stressful enough taking this process one step at a time never mind doing juggling two parts lol

It's weird that they would put people through PCA before the results are out. If I'm honest when I was told this at first I thought it was a mistake. Stressful enough taking this process one step at a time never mind doing juggling two parts lol

I thought it was a mistake too so asked more about it.

The only reason I can think of for doing it like that is to reduce the amount of time it takes from application to getting the call, as we have seen on here from C1 and C2 there are folks still waiting to complete stages after a year and a half.

I think (and as Mop a Top said) they will start with vetting stage as it seems to take the longest to reach completion for most people.

I was looking at Police Scotland a few months ago and they have you fill out the vetting forms as part of your initial application, and their turnaround times are no where near as long as the PSNI.

WannabePC wrote: »
    Do you mind if I ask how you know this buddy?

It's on both the document issued at the end of the AC and we were told this verbally.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Homer01

Just want to confirm what others have said. My understanding was that as the AC is marked it is sent to the PSNI. They then may call people forward for PCA, I assume it will be the high scorers.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Redboy12345

Probably repeating what has been said in the last few replies; in my view it seems this year is different from other years and they are phasing candidates through before we get our AC results through (maybe they have had feedback on how excruciating previous campaigns have been . Maybe the 'fast track' is coming into play here. And it certainly is possible for them to start phasing candidates through at the start of march, with only a handful of A.Cs left.

Anyhow, good luck to all.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭KevBo2015

Is this not like a bit of small print at the bottom of the sheet? Nearly sure I remember something like that being mentioned at the AC stage of the second campaign, correct me if I am wrong however.

I would not get all jumped up and excited about it these things take time, I'd imagine the start date of July/Aug of campaign 1 and 2 for the first squads will be a solid guess. The PSNI is a big machine and things take time, lot of other promotion, movement, training and planning goes on within the organization.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭IUA14

Anyone heard anything further after the assessment centre?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Mop a top

Nothing! Thought it was 15th

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭ItWasntMe88

Nope, nothing here either.

It seems they didn't go ahead with the phased processing of candidates through the PCA.

Advertisement