Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dragons vs Leinster TG4 7:05

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭dubal

Ref is just guessing

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭A-Train

FFS blew it once again! Nothing to show for all the possession, ref was rubbish but Leinster couldn't finish their chances!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭former total

Zzippy wrote: »
    Jesus Connacht fans get some stick for blaming referees but this is something else...

Yeah. Ref has been fine. We've shot ourselves in the foot.

Not sure what ROG is on about, a clear yellow

• Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

Always a yellow card
    No arm bind into a ruck has been a sin binning for a while now

Jesus Connacht fans get some stick for blaming referees but this is something else...

I actively hate blaming the ref. If they are bad they are usually bad to both sides, or the sides that manages them less well.

But he is having a terrible game. Couple of really obvious decisions fluffed and it's not biased, just careless and Leinster have been on the receiving end this time unfortunately.

Two disallowed tries for Dragons too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

We could easily have won this game. And should have. And now we come away with nothing. I know there were some dodgy calls, but that is poor by Leinster.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭Hagz

You are joking. Connacht match day threads literally entertain conspiracy theories. Pull the other one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭Thanos

Well that was a game we could and should have won but we could not get over the line when we were inches from it on two different occasions.
    Two stupid yellows did not help but that is a lost chance against a poor side

• Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

Why the ref blaming? Leinster are losing this all by themselves.

Is this McFadden's first game back after a ban and he does something reckless like that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭aimee1

Dumb from reid. Total lack of match smarts

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

A-Train wrote: »
    FFS blew it once again! Nothing to show for all the possession, ref was rubbish but Leinster couldn't finish their chances!!!

Yes, with all that possession in the second half we should have got more than three points. Only ouselves to blame.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭Tox56

wp_rathead wrote: »
    Always a yellow card
    No arm bind into a ruck has been a sin binning for a while now

It is a yellow when you stop and look at it, but I guarantee you I could go through this game and find dozens of incidents that if you stopped and replayed them over and over would get a yellow card, or at least a penalty, that go completely unpenalised

• Subscribers Posts: 41,279 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Tough on us but no complaints... Ref was consistent and that's all you can ask for. Mcfadden should be sick with himself.... Twice now in his last two games he's done ridiculous acts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭Hagz

What's all this 'ref blaming' bullsh*t? It's not 'ref blaming' when you call the ref up on a heinous decision. Ref blaming is when you blame the result on the ref. Which no one is doing. Trigger happy posters.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Turning down 2 handy shots at goal in the second half was a bit daft in those conditions.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,782 ✭✭✭corny

Bazzo wrote: »
    Why the ref blaming? Leinster are losing this all by themselves.

Is this McFadden's first game back after a ban and he does something reckless like that?

Why? Because he got several decisions wrong. I don't think anyone has said its cost us the game though.

Just because he didn't cost us the game doesn't mean the ref was alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭Billysays no

how leinster did not win that game beggars belief. all the possession in the second half but little to show for it. madigan made zero difference so its hard to blame marsh

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Very surprising. When the teams were named I thought it would be our pack that struggled and the backs would get very little to play with on the back of that.

In reality our pack won their battles tonight and ultimately it was the inability of our backs to win the war that cost us. Inexperience from the half-backs maybe, although I thought McGrath was excellent in the conditions and took the right options.

Very encouraging from the young forwards, in particular the back row and Moloney covered a lot of ground. Leavy/Murphy/Ryan/Moloney were the standouts to me up front, Strauss as well when he came on. The tight five also won a lot of physical encounters against some pretty tough opponents.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,899 ✭✭✭✭BBDBB

Tox56 wrote: »
    It is a yellow when you stop and look at it, but I guarantee you I could go through this game and find dozens of incidents that if you stopped and replayed them over and over would get a yellow card, or at least a penalty, that go completely unpenalised

Very true, it's part of what makes rugby such a great game

Very surprising. When the teams were named I thought it would be our pack that struggled and the backs would get very little to play with on the back of that.

In reality our pack won their battles tonight and ultimately it was the inability of our backs to win the war that cost us. Inexperience from the half-backs maybe, although I thought McGrath was excellent in the conditions and took the right options.

Very encouraging from the young forwards, in particular the back row and Moloney covered a lot of ground. Leavy/Murphy/Ryan/Moloney were the standouts to me up front, Strauss as well when he came on. The tight five also won a lot of physical encounters against some pretty tough opponents.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

And that's every game no matter what has happened and the referee had a "perfect game". You don't penalise everything you see

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭chippers

poor decision not to go for the 3 points with 15 mins to go.

And that's every game no matter what has happened and the referee had a "perfect game". You don't penalise everything you see

Im not really going on about the ref but on the blaming of McFadden, you can say its stupid but so many people do "stupid things" like that throughout games, the biggest difference is that he got caught

Robbo wrote: »
    Turning down 2 handy shots at goal in the second half was a bit daft in those conditions.

Yeah that was bonkers. 7 points in it. Plenty of time left.

Im not really going on about the ref but on the blaming of McFadden, you can say its stupid but so many people do "stupid things" like that throughout games, the biggest difference is that he got caught

So they're all stupid? I don't understand your point. There's no excuse for not clearing out properly.

You're talking as if everyone does it, which is absolutely not the case. Some people get away with less dangerous versions of it, ie no arms but not into the back of an opponent, but that doesn't excuse their ineptitude.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,197 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Pack was good. Backs were poor. Deserved a LBP but the Dragons defended well and we were sloppy at crucial points.

The referee favoured the defending side which affected Leinster but it certainly wasn't one way traffic. Should have binned one of our lads before Leavy, to be honest.

Our defence was poor as was our discipline. Not going to get far with that.

Some of the young lads were good and some weren't too conspicuous. Leavy was very busy but dense yellow card and should have been penalised for coming into rucks from all sorts of angles. Some great moments too though.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Zebre, Treviso, Munster and now Leinster have felt the wrath of Rodney Parade this season. Slightly worried they'll be looking for a full house against Connacht.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,279 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

mcfaddens "attepted" clean out was so obviously illegal though... ridiculous to do that on a 9... not warranted at all. and i think he had some afters as well.

Buer wrote: »
    Leavy was very busy but dense yellow card and should have been penalised for coming into rucks from all sorts of angles. Some great moments too though.

Let's leave him to that on the ground as long as he's getting away with it!

• Advertisement

So they're all stupid? I don't understand your point. There's no excuse for not clearing out properly.

You're talking as if everyone does it, which is absolutely not the case. Some people get away with less dangerous versions of it, ie no arms but not into the back of an opponent, but that doesn't excuse their ineptitude.

They're not all "stupid", but they all do stupid things. McFadden was being called a headcase and all sorts of things based on this incident and the previous one, I dont think hes much if any worse than most

Advertisement