Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dragons vs Leinster TG4 7:05

Options
12345679»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Bazzo wrote: »
    Actually not too sure about that. Acting like that can piss some refs off and make them less likely to listen to you when you've a proper grievance. I always think the captains who are calmer and go up to the ref to have a chat in breaks in play fare better.

I wouldn't say McGrath was being the kind of captain who would piss off a ref. He was really shouting orders to he pack, which I liked.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

All captains react differently in different situations. You can't categorise Luke McGrath or anyone else based on one incident.

Robshaw was an awful captain in my opinion and falls exactly into the mold you described.

Categorise him? I just said I think captains who shout at refs tend to piss them off, I was hardly having a go at McGrath.

Most captains fit into the mould I described because it's the best way for a captain to act towards the ref.

Advertisement