Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is wrong with the site? (Please read updated post #1)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭mamax

Can't get on with wifi at work but 3G no problem lol
    You really need professional help with this

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭stevek93

mamax wrote: »
    Can't get on with wifi at work but 3G no problem lol
    You really need professional help with this

You have clearly no notion of what is it like to work in IT...

• Registered Users Posts: 25,717 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

I can only assume its picking up the high number of "members" from where I work as a problem. Which is rather absurd.

Must be even more where I work: we don't even see a cloud flare thing, just get a network timeout. (NB, multinational, 000s of employees in Ireland)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

Stuck in an loop of CAPTCHAs on Chrome, back to using Firefox.

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

A quick update for you all before the weekend.

Rónán has relaxed the CloudFlare settings a bit so hopefully some of the missing `css` and `js` issues for people will be eliminated.

Captcha settings have been changed so you should only have to complete one every 8 hours now.

Those of you outside of Ireland or those coming from certain ISPs will still have tight restrictions but we'd hope to start loosening those controls again next week, provided we come through the weekend unscathed.

Edited to add: some people are reporting logging in with correct details but being sent back to the home page. The solution to this for the moment is to tick 'Stay logged in' when logging in.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Must be even more where I work: we don't even see a cloud flare thing, just get a network timeout. (NB, multinational, 000s of employees in Ireland)

I get network timeout on the laptop and desktop in the office.

Regarding feedback from boards above explains it for me now. My company run traffic through their own isp that's from outside of Ireland.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I got stuck in an endless CAPTCHA loop. Posting from Canada through my work internet. Finally got through after clearing my cookies & cache again.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

I had to go through the fb link just to access boards. My ip is from abroad but it was working fine this morning and now I get captcha on repeat, enter the code and it gives me another code to enter and so on and so forth.
    Do I need to keep logging in via fb to access boards?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

Cloudflare is broken!

It wont accept answers so I'm completely shut out now. Posting this in text mode on a phone.

Also why no updates on twitter anymore?

Difficult enpugh just to post here.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,798 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

InTheTrees wrote: »
    Cloudflare is broken!

It wont accept answers so I'm completely shut out now. Posting this in text mode on a phone.

Also why no updates on twitter anymore?

Difficult enpugh just to post here.

Refresh it a few times then hit, "I am not a robot". This happened to me tonight

• Advertisement

Refresh it a few times then hit, "I am not a robot". This happened to me tonight

I don't even get this option.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,798 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

bear1 wrote: »

F5 a few times is what tipped it for me.

I'll give it a go. Thanks

We all in it together.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

bear1 wrote: »

It eventually worked for me.

I waited and refreshed over and over and eventually got the new style verification pictures.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,999 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

I was not able to post anything until this post, since the problems started ....

It Posted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D:D

EDIT:

Tried posting in another forum and back to the same failures ....

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Gone sloooooowwwwww again this morning........
    Cloudflare settings too liberal?

I guess its time to make the most of the fact that its not raining........... :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭Pink Fairy

No issues at all on mobile

• Closed Accounts Posts: 368 ✭✭xband

Seems ok on mobile for me too.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,168 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

0 functionality on WiFi and 3G here. PITA captchas all over the show on ethernet but usable

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

iPad not showing my thread page sometimes it will load but no show. Refreshing sometimes fixes.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Finally logged in without using the Beat site,can now post gain and the site is flying along speed wise

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Site flying along here on touch site, Chrome, Nexus 5 on WiFi...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 685 ✭✭✭FURET

Having two problems on multiple devices:

On desktop, the captcha security is stuck in a loop. I'm having to enter the code infinite times and it never lets me into the boards

On iPhone and iPad, the style sheets are missing; everything is white

• Registered Users Posts: 64,897 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Any update on the double posting? I have gone to the trouble of deleting several of my own, but I've given up at this stage

It is quite embarrassing looking for the site if I'm honest :o

• Registered Users Posts: 64,897 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Any update on the double posting? I have gone to the trouble of deleting several of my own, but I've given up at this stage

It is quite embarrassing looking for the site if I'm honest :o

stop using quick reply it causes a stammer in the system!

wow I quick replied that last message and it only appeared once, something's been fixed.
    edit: and this one as well.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Testing, testing......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭mamax

stevek93 wrote: »
    You have clearly no notion of what is it like to work in IT...

And how would you know that ?
    And why would you bother to quote me ?

FYI you are wrong btw !

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement