Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is wrong with the site? (Please read updated post #1)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,140 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Love when Dav has a Double post :P

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,925 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Dav wrote: »
    More good news! Ronán tells me that Search is back working, but that tomorrow it may disappear again for a while as he refines the fix he made after he's been able to do some analysis on how it's working out.

So, that means that finding your post history etc is all back in action.

Cheers all! Even posts made in the last few days are indexed!!!

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Search is not working on touch for me but then it never really has. Google site search is the only way.

A major improvement is the absence of 503 errors which I had been getting with every post for the last six months which is a fair trade off for the captchas. Although those ones yesterday where you has to pick which meals contains what ingredients from a tiny photo were a nightmare!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,840 ✭✭✭Dav

Carnacalla wrote: »
    Love when Dav has a Double post :P

I'm so set in my ways I just automatically start typing in the Quick Reply box without even thinking that it's gonna double post :)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Just one thing - in Advanced Search, 'Post by User' doesn't seem to work properly, even if you type a user name it doesn't seem to 'pick up' a valid I.D., no 'pop up' list appears.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Shrap

Although those ones yesterday where you has to pick which meals contains what ingredients from a tiny photo were a nightmare!

Woah! Tricky captcha on a phone :eek: And what if you can't cook?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,025 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

I noticed that my post fron last night was duplicated - I have deleted the repeat post since.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,804 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

I work in a large multi-national. Haven't been able to access the site since the DDOS: it just times out trying.

Good for workplace productivity, though - maybe it was our own engineers who did it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Bongalongherb

Well this is the fastest I've seen boards in quite a while, it's really fast now.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,754 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Still slow here. Few problems I am still encountering :
    1. slow clicking into threads
    2. duplicate posts
    3. typing posts (letters not appearing etc)
    4. blank pages while waiting on pages to load etc

• Advertisement

That's strange. I'm in north co. Dublin using virgin media and boards is super-fast clicking into threads. It is slightly slow sending the comment though but only a minor thing.

Very fast though compared to the way it was for the last few months, very snappy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭KatCookie

I have to enter a Captcha to enter the site now? Is this because I am accessing the site outside of Ireland?
    Site won't display properly for me for a few days now (chrome browser on mobile)

I tried to start a thread a few minutes ago and wanted to add a poll, but all I got was an error 500. Looks like there are still some bits missing!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,396 ✭✭✭Damien360

The site is the fastest I have ever seen it work. Whatever process or servers you have added following the blackout are a bonus to the site.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭funnights74

Definitely faster today, keep up the good work.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,472 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Maybe the perceived "speed" increase for some is down he the significantly less traffic going to the site currently? (while folks still think there are issues.)

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

The site is considerably more responsive tonight for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

Working well, still getting CAPTCHA'd but I'll take that. Style sheets have been going missing on and off as well, so far so good.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,140 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Find all posts by "Input User" is back! Thank the Lord! Site speed is also better than before!

Mostly fixed!

Although, an issue that had been gone with the site when it wasn't fully functional is now back on mobile. Going into a thread, and all the recent posts are missing. Its very annoying because you don't get updates by email either and you can miss stuff especially in a fast moving threadm

• Registered Users Posts: 13,534 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Well this is the fastest I've seen boards in quite a while, it's really fast now.

Correct. Only slow speed I see now is when I post a post.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭WarZ

I don't like the reliability of the new site to be honest. There was a certain coolness to boards when it was in trouble. You never knew if the site would be up or down or whether you would double post or not. It was exciting, edgy and only the die Hards stuck around. Now it's just so bland and the masses have returned

• Registered Users Posts: 82,083 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Still shows up in text only form. Usability is at a bare minimum :/

WarZ wrote: »
    I don't like the reliability of the new site to be honest. There was a certain coolness to boards when it was in trouble. You never knew if the site would be up or down or whether you would double post or not. It was exciting, edgy and only the die Hards stuck around. Now it's just so bland and the masses have returned

Not bad considering you are a new member :D

All working fine here, even the search is good.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Overheal wrote: »
    Still shows up in text only form. Usability is at a bare minimum :/
    Dav wrote: »
    Looks like your connection to http://www.b-static.net (where all our images and style sheets etc are stored) is still blocked. Try to click the link here and load it and let me know if you're still experiencing issues.

Dav's suggestion worked for me.

ohhh thats the good sh!t

I'm consistently double-posting all the time now despite a really zippy experience otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,331 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Hmmm, I'm still getting a 500 Internal Server Error message when I try to open the Touch site on mobile.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Still having problems logging in,logs in no bother on Beta

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭nervous_twitch

Are users abroad not getting the same fix at the same time? Desktop site is still a total disaster for me. Speed OK, but cannot log in and the whole site looks almost HTML, no graphics or anything. Fine on touch bar a captcha for nearly every second or third click.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Still having problems logging in,logs in no bother on Beta

I think its all been a massively intricate ruse on behalf of Dav and the team to make people get used to the new site.

The rascals.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement