Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Looking to buy/ sell a stick? ***READ HERE***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Sagat06

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00RZ7T8N6?ref_=gbps_img_s-3_7047_8bc0433f&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

Order in 40 mins

PS4 hori kai stick for 80 pound, its around €110

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭Junsuina Chikara

Not sure if its permitted to advertise fighting games so please forgive me if it isn't.

I'm selling my copy of Dengeki Bunko: Fighting Climax (PS3) for €20

Its the Asian version, bought from Play-Asia. Main menus and HUDs are in English but detailed options (i.e.: Training mode) are in Japanese as far as I know.

This will get posted on Adverts as well soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Nutrient wrote: »
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00RZ7T8N6?ref_=gbps_img_s-3_7047_8bc0433f&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

Order in 40 mins

PS4 hori kai stick for 80 pound, its around €110

I'm no expert at all on these things at all but here's my two cents. Bear in mind I'm casual fighting game player at best who to this point would have only used arcade sticks on actual arcades years ago and I also own a namco arcade stick (the one with the yellow stick and buttons). Love it.

So I don't have a lot to compare this stick to and as I say I'm very much a casual fighting game fan but I must say I love my Hori Kai.

I got it a few months back when it was about the £80 mark when someone here recommended it.

I love both the stick and the buttons. I know with the buttons particular some folk are complaining online of squeeking and rubbing issues. My particular one has no issues like that.
    They work perfectly well for me anyway.
    I've no intention of modding either stick or buttons.

Now if only I could get decent at playing in time for street fighter V. Not a chance. Lol. Looking forward to it though. The beta was great fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭2gen

Anyone selling a 360 stick? If you are or know someone who is please let me know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Danonino.

What's a fair price for a 350 TE these days?

Need to fund a PS4 stick and I have two TEs :PAC:

Danonino. wrote: »
    What's a fair price for a 350 TE these days?

Need to fund a PS4 stick and I have two TEs :PAC:

They seem to be going in the region of €130-160. I have a round two boxed with a tiny chip out of one corner (I'll throw up pics if anyone's interested). Xbox 360/PC. Got some use but still like new as I used the Marvel stick almost exclusively for years for no reason other than it was stored nearer the xbox :D

If someone is around the Waterford or Meath area I'd be able to meet without much hassle. I guess postage would be insane.

Question: the new sticks for PS4, is it worth waiting for the touchpad support or is the chun li one worth buying?. I don't like the new design, its all a bit angular. The shadoloo stick looks like a far better design but that control panel is way too close and out of place looking :/

Is modding still iffy? I read timeouts and stuff are a nightmare.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Question: the new sticks for PS4, is it worth waiting for the touchpad support or is the chun li one worth buying?. I don't like the new design, its all a bit angular. The shadoloo stick looks like a far better design but that control panel is way too close and out of place looking :/

Is modding still iffy? I read timeouts and stuff are a nightmare.

The PS4 sticks are insanely priced (250 quid + shipping), so to be honest it's not ideal price wise, especially if you own a current gen stick. Current gen sticks can be dual modded (albeit with an 8min timeout) with a PS360+ board.

Another viable option (which seems to be picking up in popularity fairly quick) is to use a converter. A Taiwanese (?) company called Brook are currently manufacturing lagless converters that don't have an 8 minute timeout. More info on pricing/compatibility and tech specs/lag testing etc can be found on SRK's tech talk forum. Reception seems to be very positive around this item, and I'm looking to pick one up myself.

I'll keep an eye on this for sure.
    I got lucky with my TEs, I bought them on holiday in the states when the dollar was super weak, like €50 = $100 weak and no shipping as I carried them home.

The new sticks really are a lot of cash, but now I'm so used to stick playing pad is actually close to impossible so I'm very tempted to pick one up. The lack of support from the xbox one for 360 peripherals ruined Killer Instinct for me. Would more than likely have bought a xbone if the sticks I have worked.

If anyone here orders a convertor throw in one for me and I can paypal the funds without hesitation.

Edit: nearly pulled the trigger on a lime green but they seem to suffer the 8 minute timeout issue. Says there is a firmware update to fix that though I'm confused if its a temporary fix or they have it sussed :/

I'll give the thread a proper read through tomorrow.

Will still let my TE go for a reasonable price though. Will either order a convertor or stick next pay day, some funds to cushion the blow would be awesome.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Simon_K

Anyone interested in TE ?

A person I know is selling his http://www.adverts.ie/arcade-retro/madkatz-street-fighter-iv-tournament-edition-fightstick/9144856

Barely used (<10 hrs total), has been gathering dust for years.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭hdaniel

Ramza wrote: »
    The PS4 sticks are insanely priced (250 quid + shipping), so to be honest it's not ideal price wise, especially if you own a current gen stick. Current gen sticks can be dual modded (albeit with an 8min timeout) with a PS360+ board.

Another viable option (which seems to be picking up in popularity fairly quick) is to use a converter. A Taiwanese (?) company called Brook are currently manufacturing lagless converters that don't have an 8 minute timeout. More info on pricing/compatibility and tech specs/lag testing etc can be found on SRK's tech talk forum. Reception seems to be very positive around this item, and I'm looking to pick one up myself.
    Piggy backing on this,does anyone know how well these work with a qanba q4raf?Is the ps3 to ps4 converter the best option or the xbox 360 to ps4?

hdaniel wrote: »
    Piggy backing on this,does anyone know how well these work with a qanba q4raf?Is the ps3 to ps4 converter the best option or the xbox 360 to ps4?

I'm pretty sure it works with all licensed sticks but there's a compatibility list on their site/on the SRK link I posted. With regards to which converter would be best, I don't think it matters as the tech talk guys on SRK are saying both are lagless (and they've tested them fairly thoroughly).

Post up on the SRK thread, the guys there would be more than happy to help

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Anyone have cheap, korean-style arcade stick? Doesn't matter what platform it's for as long as it's USB.

Anyone have cheap, korean-style arcade stick? Doesn't matter what platform it's for as long as it's USB.

I have a Korean Crown stick gathering dust that I don't use/need anymore if that's any use to you? This is just the stick part itself though, so I don't know if it's what you're looking for. Could probably stick it in a cheap mayflash/SE case or something!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

I wouldn't know how to do that. I'm just seeing if a cheap stick is reasonable for me to trade for in ireland. If it's easy and you have experience, could you do it? I'd buy it then if it was still within my budget. I just wanted to ask more than anything. I won't be buying until the game I want to use it for is out so your korean stick will be gathering a bit more dust until then.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 daltronica

Hello all.
    I have a Mad Catz Xbox 360 Street Fighter IV Arcade FightStick Tournament Edition that I could be persuaded to let go of, if anyone is interested.
    It's over 6 years young, but in perfect working order. It's had plenty of use (Abel has some tricky combos :P) but I've literally just replaced the entire stick (Sanwa JLF-TP-8YT Ball Top Joystick from Arcade world) before xmas with a view to finding it a new home, so it feels brand new.
    Reason being, I just picked up a PS4 and ideally I can use the sale to go towards a new stick.
    I'd imagine a lot of other folks are in the same boat but I thought I'd test the market for it and see if there are any interest.
    Can deliver in Dublin, and I'm happy to provide pics and proof of the Arcade World parts. I'm thinking around the 150 mark, due to the new parts but will neg.
    (sorry if this isn't the right forum for this???)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

Drunk Dan bought sober Dan a present without thinking of the financial screw up he will suffer the rest of the month :o woke up to the confirmation email earlier. Damn it.

Have a PS4 TE S+ preordered.
    Don't like how close the control panel is to the buttons but I'll let ye know what it's like in the flesh.

Now to sell one of my 360 TEs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Drunk Dan bought sober Dan a present without thinking of the financial screw up he will suffer the rest of the month :o woke up to the confirmation email earlier. Damn it.

Have a PS4 TE S+ preordered.
    Don't like how close the control panel is to the buttons but I'll let ye know what it's like in the flesh.

Now to sell one of my 360 TEs.

Lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Speedhaak

So after a year or two off, I'm back on the bandwagon for SFV. I'm currently looking at either the PlayStation sponsored Venom stick as discussed in length on SRK, the Hori Kai or a new TE3. Any thoughts?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 2,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rob2D

Speedhaak wrote: »
    So after a year or two off, I'm back on the bandwagon for SFV. I'm currently looking at either the PlayStation sponsored Venom stick as discussed in length on SRK, the Hori Kai or a new TE3. Any thoughts?

There's a nice weight to the Venom and it's perfectly fine if you just swap out the buttons. Even the ones that are in there aren't the worst ever. The joystick is good IMO. Has a stiffer spring in it which I like. I actually modded my Venom into a Korean stick for the laugh :pac:

I had to buy a Kai in Hong Kong for a tournament and it was a gorgeous stick. Just a little too narrow for my liking though.

The new TE's will obviously be lovely but I think if you haven't already ordered one you won't get one until at least April. Plus you'll pay an arm and a leg for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Speedhaak

Bought a Hori Kai, read many reports that the Venom stick was too unresponsive and I couldn't be bothered swapping out parts.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 njC

Looking to pick up a better stick for my xbox 360, something along the lines of the Madcatz TE would be ideal. Anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

njC wrote: »
    Looking to pick up a better stick for my xbox 360, something along the lines of the Madcatz TE would be ideal. Anyone?

MadCatz look like they're just about to go bust so there might be a big liquidation sale from them soon. I'd hold off for a bit in case that happens.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 2,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rob2D

OtCOEPGl.png?1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭airmax87

Long shot, but anyone here have a saturn stick ?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 njC

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    MadCatz look like they're just about to go bust so there might be a big liquidation sale from them soon. I'd hold off for a bit in case that happens.

Ah nice one, cheers for heads up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    source?

Advertisement