Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Trying to Conceive 2016 onwards Chat Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Tunage

So it seems like AF is coming to an end (day 3 and extremely light). Myself and himself have decided to try every other day to have a good chance this month. Only thing I'm annoyed about is that I'm away for a week (out of the country) THE most fertile week (according to FF and Period Tracker) so hoping our method might do something??!! This is so frustrating. I counted my cycle days last night and they've all been different varying from 26 days to 30.

I bought some ovulation strips from eBay so definitely using them this month. Hope everyone else is getting on ok! x

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,905 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

I suspect my ovaries are up to their old tricks again, on cycle day 40 something and still not a dickie bird. I've been using the strips and ferning microscope and there was one day where the strip was very dark and I had a LOT of ferns, but no EWCM. Since then it's been partial ferning and faint lines on the strips. Sigh.

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭FunkSoulSista

Tunage isn't it possible for sperm to last up to 7 days in some cases, you never know and fingers crossed for you.

Toots what's ferning? Hope you get on track.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,905 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Ferning is basically when you're getting close to ovulating and your estrogen levels rise, you can see 'fern' patterns in your saliva if you look at it through a microscope. I've got the Ovatel one. I thought it would be handy and I could use it instead of the ovulation sticks, but I think until my cycle is a bit more regular I'm going to use both.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭Emmal14

Hi myself and hubby started ttc in November! So far no joy but been referred to a gynae for potential cysts and pcos after a full panel of bloods as doc and myself both thought i was pregnant in dec! So just taking it one month at a time! Nice to find a thread to talk to other people in the same boat

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭greenttc

morning all,

I think I am out today with the arrival (although i would say it was only a milimetre of it) of AF overnight.

I had my hopes up a bit because although I had all the usual symptoms of AF coming my temperature was still high and it even went up a small bit today.

what are peoples temperature patterns like for those who temp? does yours drop for day one or does it take a few days to come down? and would/should you expect a regular pattern of this every month? mine went down for AF last month which was the reason my hopes were up this month. no matter how hard you try not to get hopes up it just doesnt work.

Doesnt it all just feel like luck (or bad luck)? all conditions and signs were perfect and our timing was spot on but it just didnt happen, there was nothing else I could have done to facilitate it.

ah well, we will just start again this month!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

greenttc wrote: »
    Doesnt it all just feel like luck (or bad luck)? all conditions and signs were perfect and our timing was spot on but it just didnt happen, there was nothing else I could have done to facilitate it.

ah well, we will just start again this month!

It really does feel like luck especially when I think about the fact that people have unplanned pregnancies when others are putting so much effort into it and not getting pregnant.

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭StarBright01

So went to the doc today and she thinks I had a miscarriage between 3-4 weeks, which I didn't even think was possible as its so early. Hard to know how to feel when its so early. She was saying to try to look at it positively that this happened after the first month of trying & its positive for future. Fingers crossed. She said system will be all over the place for a while. I should be ovulating now if it was a normal month but i'm not at the moment. Does anybody have any tips for getting system back to normal or does it just take time?

Aw I'm so sorry to hear that, I hope you're ok. I think it really just takes time. It depends on the person, a friend of mine had a mc and was back to normal cycle within about 8 weeks, when I had one I got my period a month later, but then the few cycles I had after that were a bit irregular.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭brokensoul

Luc01 wrote: »
    So went to the doc today and she thinks I had a miscarriage between 3-4 weeks, which I didn't even think was possible as its so early. Hard to know how to feel when its so early. She was saying to try to look at it positively that this happened after the first month of trying & its positive for future. Fingers crossed. She said system will be all over the place for a while. I should be ovulating now if it was a normal month but i'm not at the moment. Does anybody have any tips for getting system back to normal or does it just take time?

It just takes time, unfortunately. I found that exercise helped my system to feel more back to normal, but that may have just been for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭Hopeful2016

Sorry to hear about your loss. I think it's just a matter of waiting. I had a mc at 6 weeks just over 4 weeks ago. I used OPK afterwards to try to figure out what my cycle was doing. I ovulated about 2 weeks later and am expecting my first post mc period to arrive in the next day or so. I think it can take longer to get your cycle back on track if the pregnancy was further along but everyone is different so it's hard to know.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭mollybird

so sorry about your loss luc01. here is hoping it won't take long for you to get back to a normal cycle. im out this month girls. my af arrived a week early which seriously threw me. and here was me thinking my cycle had finally settled down. so im after ordering my first lot of obv sticks on amazon. and here is to properally fully trying next month.

Sorry to hear luc01, I had a chemical pregnancy a few years ago, had a successful pregnancy within a couple months of that.

Hi everyone need some advice, had alot of pregnancy symptoms in december and went to the docs who did bloods as he thought pregnancy would be the outcome. The bloodtest came back with a reading of less than 6 is what i was told. I have been referred to a gynae for potential ovarian cysts and polycystic ovaries. Even though i am lucky enough to go private i cannot see the referred gynae til march 29th and that is having made the appointment in dec. My problem is even though i have had 2 irregular, very mild and short periods( I assume) i have been nauseous most mornings the last month to 6 weeks and it disappears as the day goes on! Also extremely tired and wrecked going to bed early every night most unusual. I have tried hpt but they are coming up negative. I am just so confused. All my other bloods came back fine (aside from the 2 that indicated potential cysts) so it's not low iron etc. Anybody experience anything similar?

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Wotzit

my period was 2 days late so I took a test this morning and.... I'm pregnant :-)))) This was our 3rd month TTC and I know from reading these forums that we're incredibly lucky.

I think there was a couple of factors that helped us conceive... when we decided to try, I stopped running. I used to run 5-8k about 3 times a week. Nothing too strenuous. I don't know what it was but as soon as I thought something might be in their jostling around and it could somehow fall out (ridiculous I know - I'm normally a rational person but I've found this whole TTC thing has sent my brain a bit haywire).
    So for this 3rd cycle, I decided to go back to my usual running routine. This made me feel much calmer and I feel like maybe getting the blood pumping around is just good for your whole system. I also drank more water because I was running. I think this helps???

The other factor (I think) was that we both had 2 weeks off work at Xmas so both very relaxed in Jan. I didn't tell my partner when I thought I was ovulating this time as I felt it put him under pressure. This time it felt more 'natural'.
    I had no symptoms up to taking the test other than a missed period except for a weird tugging/pinching behind my belly button for a fleeting moment maybe 2 or 3 times in the last 2 weeks. Other than that - nothing. And I was looking out for everything!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭xalot

That such great news Wotzit. Massive congratulations. Wishing you a happy and healthy 9 months :)

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭StarBright01

Congrats Wotzit brilliant news :) Emmal14 I completely understand what you are going through. I had a similar thing a few years ago and was sent to gynae for scans with suspected pcos, however system settled down and scans were okay. Fingers crossed for you

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Wotzit

thank you guys!! not being able to tell anyone is really difficult so being able to post on boards really helps! it was weird typing 'I'm pregnant'

• Registered Users Posts: 41 quizzical

Congrats Wotzit super news. I was hoping someone could give me some advice… I am very confused at the moment. I and my partner have been TTC for 6 months now. My periods are a small bit irregular; I have been tracking them on my phone over the last couple of months for example:
    September: AF from 17th – 21st
    24 Day Cycle
    October: AF from 11th – 16th
    22 Day Cycle
    November: AF from 2nd – 9th
    26 Day Cycle
    November Again: AF from 28th – 3rd of December
    10 Day Cycle
    December: AF from 27th – January 1st
    Still counting

Nothing since 1st of January, But today my periods are 2 days late so my app says!!
    I have very sore lower back pain since Tuesday, I feel like I’m getting my AF but nothing!! And usually before my AF I usually don’t have any symptoms what so ever. I feel perfect no changes to my CF … Should I wait another couple of days before I decide to take a test? Could they just be late… I’m very nervous and overwhelmed about it all TBH…

I hope I’m making sense it’s my first posting here…

• Advertisement

Congrats Wotzit brilliant news :) Emmal14 I completely understand what you are going through. I had a similar thing a few years ago and was sent to gynae for scans with suspected pcos, however system settled down and scans were okay. Fingers crossed for you

Thanks Luc01! I just feel like I don't know my body anymore! I am on edge the whole time! Wotzit congratulations! Its great to hear good news

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭mollybird

wotzit congrats!! great news to hear :)

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Tunage

Congrats Wotzit!!! Hope all goes well for you :-)

Did my first ovulation strip this morning so going to continue and see how it goes. Bought some Oil of Evening Primrose on recommendation from a friend (and Dr. Google) so going to give it a go too. Not expecting anything to happen this month as I'm away the full fertile week (according to my phone app).

A friend of mine is due to have her 3rd baby in a week or so and she's had the most awful time. Makes me nervous!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭applesock

Congrats wotsit, fantastic news.
    I'm playing the waiting game now.im using Ovia app,I've been using it since I came of the pill about a year ago just to track my periods because I know they can go abit funny after the pill. It's been great for me,predicts quiet well.i think I pin pointed ovulation this month so fingers crossed.

Read that ovia is good apo. Using fertility friend myself. I'm out looks like period on its way, onto another month.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭apple26

So glad to have found this thread. Hubby and I have decided to TTC. I've been using Nuvaring for the past few years. Visited GP on Friday to do bloods etc and just get some general advice. She said fertility should return to normal as soon as I stop using Nuvaring. End of 21 days last Friday, so AF due Tue/Wed this week. Not going to concentrate too much on optimum time for conception and just try not to think about it too much. Fingers crossed!!

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭greenttc

Good info to have wotzit! I had read about still having the normal period symptoms but it is great to hear it from a real person.

Good to hear your promotion of exercise in your previous post too, that is motivation enough for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Hi all!
    I'm just gone 32, got Mirena out today, getting married in June and looking forward to starting trying for a baby. Haven't had a period in over 5 years now so need to get back on track and check out the cycle etc... but not going to stress out too much yet. Just need to try and not get knocked up too soon so I can get into wedding dress

Well I'm absolutely dying with flu at the minute, was hallucinating last night and everything :pac: my BBT this morning was 39.67! I'm pretty sure Fertility Friend will have trouble interpreting that!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

We are waiting at the moment. Her cycle is due to start around the 2nd so not that long to go.

When she fell pregnant the last time she felt quite crampy and her boobs got very tender before her period was due, she thought those were just period symptoms.

We are both trying to not get our hopes up too much, it is after all only our first time properly trying since the MC but its hard, particularly because she fell pregnant the last time completely out of the blue.

Arrrggghhh!

Advertisement