Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

His Royal Xurness - D2 Edition

• 15-01-2016 8:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

It's approaching that time of the week where the Agent of the Nine makes an appearance. We can post location and inventory details here, along with some musings on whether anything is worth those hard earned Strange Coins.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 44,882 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

It's approaching that time of the week where the Agent of the Nine makes an appearance. We can post location and inventory details here, along with some musings on whether anything is worth those hard earned Strange Coins.

Unless he has an exotic engram, nothing apart from 3oCs will be worth spending coins on, imo. 280 level purchases, nah.. you're ok there mate!

Ruin Wings. (int, dsc)
    Celestial Nighthalk (int)
    Impossible Machines (dsc, str)
    Helmet Engram

Legacy Engram is Primary Weapon.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Ruin Wings. (int, dsc)
    Celestial Nighthalk (int)
    Impossible Machines (dsc, str)
    Helmet Engram

Legacy Engram is Primary Weapon.

Ruin Wings are probably the best Titan PvE exotic, with increased heavy ammo drops. Especially useful in the raid. It pretty much allows wanton usage of heavy to take down knights witches and ogres at their respective stages of the raid.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Unless he has an exotic engram, nothing apart from 3oCs will be worth spending coins on, imo. 280 level purchases, nah.. you're ok there mate!

Someday he's going to drop in with a Year 2 Ghallahorn and you won't be able to get near him through the corwds.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭kevind1

Where he be hiding, must get me some 3OC.

• Advertisement

kevind1 wrote: »

He's in the Reef this weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

kevind1 wrote: »

I think he is in the Reef. Apparently there is a glitch where the door may not open.

nevelator wrote: »
    I think he is in the Reef. Apparently there is a glitch where the door may not open.

Again? That happened last time he appeared there. Bungie had to move him back to the Tower because of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Helmet Engram

The Helmet can decrypt at 310, right? Can it decrypt at a higher value?

Good chance to bring up your light level if you didn't grind sparrow racing (like me).
    Also good to infuse into those badass Iron Banner helmets!

Good chance to bring up your light level if you didn't grind sparrow racing (like me).
    Also good to infuse into those badass Iron Banner helmets!

They can decrypt at 310, if you are over 300. I think they can also (very rarely) decrypt higher or lower than that - convinced Cormac decrypted an engram into a 316 exotic one time..... and wouldn't STFU about it!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

Again? That happened last time he appeared there. Bungie had to move him back to the Tower because of it.

Yeah, there were some posts on Reddit about it. Going to orbit and back to the reef seems to sort it.

and wouldn't STFU about it!:D

That doesn't sound like him AT ALL :p

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,390 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

nevelator wrote: »
    Yeah, there were some posts on Reddit about it. Going to orbit and back to the reef seems to sort it.

Yeah that didnt work for me last time he was there so I would imagine they are gonna put him back in the tower.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

They can decrypt at 310, if you are over 300. I think they can also (very rarely) decrypt higher or lower than that - convinced Cormac decrypted an engram into a 316 exotic one time..... and wouldn't STFU about it!:D
    That doesn't sound like him AT ALL :p

ACTUALLY, it was my Silver Tier Trials Bounty, and it was a 317 Titan Crest of Alpha Lupi, I do believe Cal was witness to it thankyouvermuch

Ah fer feck's sake - I've just checked my inventory and I've no Strange Coins... :mad:

Might give Skolas a go this weekend, if anyone is up for it? I believe you can get shed loads of coins for running it.

Ah fer feck's sake - I've just checked my inventory and I've no Strange Coins... :mad:

Might give Skolas a go this weekend, if anyone is up for it? I believe you can get shed loads of coins for running it.

5 per character if you have 3 keys guaranteed. So thats 15 per week. I'll do Skolas if you want help, just depends on when. Never got my Queensbreakers bow or Dregs Pride

Cormac... wrote: »
    ACTUALLY, it was my Silver Tier Trials Bounty, and it was a 317 Titan Crest of Alpha Lupi, I do believe Cal was witness to it thankyouvermuch

I was talking to someone about this earlier in the week - is Trials the only way to get 310+ light level exotics?
    Can an exotic decrypt into 310+?

I'm pretty sure someone got a 320 Helm of St. 14 in the exotic chest in the raid, but I haven't heard of anyone decrypting exotics to 320...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

your better off running a 28 - it's quicker. You get the coins from opening the chests at the end. Make sure you have a key for the main chest.

not sure what's the best way of getting coins now - SRL was great for it - just grind I guess.

I was talking to someone about this earlier in the week - is Trials the only way to get 310+ light level exotics?
    Can an exotic decrypt into 310+?

AFAIK, yes
    I'm pretty sure someone got a 320 Helm of St. 14 in the exotic chest in the raid, but I haven't heard of anyone decrypting exotics to 320...

Sounds..... suspiciously untrue

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Only place I have ever received a 311+ exotic was from Trials. 3 times from silver packages, never from a gold package or from the chest on Mercury.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

With me being 284 would it be worth the coins buying the engrams? What level is the weapons one I'm in need of an exotic gun.

DO NOT BUY the weapon engram if you are concerned about weapon level, itshoggie.

It is year one values, hence the legacy description. Only reason to roll one of these is if you are missing a cool year 2 version of a weapon you never got in year one, and unlocking the year one version would allow you to buy the upgrade with marks.

If I were you I'd roll a helmet engram. Will be 290 and helms are often the coolest pieces in the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭onlyTobes

Just wondering, is there a chance Necrochasm might decrypt from the legacy engram? The only Y1 I'm missing

DO NOT BUY the weapon engram if you are concerned about weapon level, itshoggie.

It is year one values, hence the legacy description. Only reason to roll one of these is if you are missing a cool year 2 version of a weapon you never got in year one, and unlocking the year one version would allow you to buy the upgrade with marks.

If I were you I'd roll a helmet engram. Will be 290 and helms are often the coolest pieces in the game.

How much is the upgrade and what level will it be after the upgrade?

onlyTobes wrote: »
    Just wondering, is there a chance Necrochasm might decrypt from the legacy engram? The only Y1 I'm missing

No, you can only get it from HM crota. Countless HM clears and I still never got it either.

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    How much is the upgrade and what level will it be after the upgrade?

So, if you roll the legacy engram it will be 160 attack off the bat. It will be a random weapon, which will be from the year 1 stock. This is crucial, as it means that you could roll a random Y1 weapon, that does not have a Y2 version yet. (Thorn for example). Then you will be stuck with a 160 weapon that is currently useless in PVE and any kind of competitive crucible, IB, Trials etc.

If you do happen to roll a weapon that has a Y2 version, lets say Mida, you will then have to buy it from the weapon kiosk using 150 marks and exotic shard. This will be a 280 version and you will need to infuse, using an exotic shard each time for infusion.

So basically, you'd be better rolling a helm engram and buying some 3OC where you can use them on Ultras for a chance at an exotic engram.

So, if you roll the legacy engram it will be 160 attack off the bat. It will be a random weapon, which will be from the year 1 stock. This is crucial, as it means that you could roll a random Y1 weapon, that does not have a Y2 version yet. (Thorn for example). Then you will be stuck with a 160 weapon that is currently useless in PVE and any kind of competitive crucible, IB, Trials etc.

If you do happen to roll a weapon that has a Y2 version, lets say Mida, you will then have to buy it from the weapon kiosk using 150 marks and exotic shard. This will be a 280 version and you will need to infuse, using an exotic shard each time for infusion.

So basically, you'd be better rolling a helm engram and buying some 3OC where you can use them on Ultras for a chance at an exotic engram.

Thanks for that, never actually knew you could do that. If I knew this sooner I would of just bought year 2 Suros 🙈

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭nocal

Cormac... wrote: »

Yes, I can confirm he did not STFU about his trials drop. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

ahh only just noticed this Xur thread, but he was good to me today, finally got a suros regime

• Advertisement

syboit wrote: »
    ahh only just noticed this Xur thread, but he was good to me today, finally got a suros regime

Did you buy the weapon engram? If you did, that'll be a Year 1 Suros, capped at 160 light. :(

Advertisement