Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Siochana FB Page

Options
  • 02-01-2016 11:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭

Has anyone seen this? https://www.facebook.com/angardasiochana/photos/a.10153518950168001.1073742475.167613868000/10153518950943001/?type=3&comment_id=10153543110458001&notif_t=like

Seems to be a massive reaction to what amounts to a petty post (IMO) by the guards of a small amount of cannabis and a "magic wheel device" :D as someone commented.

I think it is a bit of a joke the law regarding drugs in this country but at the end of the day, the gaurds are just doing their job.

However, posting a small bag of cannabis seized on their page makes me think they are not one bit in touch with reality. At least those in charge of the FB page arent.

There is over a 1000 comments there. Reckon it is the most traffic the page has ever seen.

Some of top comments include:

****ing hell lads, you're all such Heros, I feel so much safer on the streets now knowing you've apprehend the biggest drug lord since Pablo Escobar. Give yerselfs a pat on the back
    Unlike · Reply · 3,210 · 31 December 2015 at 19:52

Like and share to win
    Unlike · Reply · 3,667 · 31 December 2015 at 18:01 :D:D:D

Wayne Mulligan Ladies and gentlemen,

An Garda Síochána.
    Unlike · Reply · 845 · Yesterday at 03:49

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Saw it earlier, is that actually an official garda page? Embarrassing if so

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭Lights On

How do you know one of the Guards didn't just leave it out of his pocket for a second, was messing with his phone in his hand, quickly snaps a picture by mistake, and it auto uploads to Facebook?

Seems like the logical thing that happened :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Fleawuss

A social media strategy designed by a quiet lad from a small village in the back of beyond. Not a strategy that reflects the reality of the courage and commitment of many of the members of AGS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭me_irl

Lights On wrote: »
    How do you know one of the Guards didn't just leave it out of his pocket for a second, was messing with his phone in his hand, quickly snaps a picture by mistake, and it auto uploads to Facebook?

Seems like the logical thing that happened :p

That cannabis was just resting in my locker Sergeant! Swear!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

If that's the official AGS Facebook page I am embarrassed for them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭carzony

Mostly all disrespectful remarks left in the comments section there. I follow the twitter page and the amount of bad comments left on there is crazy. Only way I can judge is social media but the Guards seems to be very much hated by the public now. water protests didnt do them any favours..

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭masti123

A bag of smoke worth 50 euro and a grinder worth a fiver...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭GFT

carzony wrote: »
    Mostly all disrespectful remarks left in the comments section there. I follow the twitter page and the amount of bad comments left on there is crazy. Only way I can judge is social media but the Guards seems to be very much hated by the public now. water protests didnt do them any favours..

C'mon, do you honestly believe nabbing someone with a half gram of weed is "job well done"? I'd count it as someone now with a conviction against their name and their life ruined. This is how most career criminals start. Something like this can't be removed from somebodies record therefore disqualifying them from most jobs.

Resentment is widespread for a reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭NomadicGray

Must be a real professional if they were carrying a grinder

http://www.kildarenow.com/news/sallins-chef-expert-in-grinding-cannabis-says-judge/64194

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭MarkAnthony

Operation THOR lol

Operation pansy more like.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭MarkAnthony

• Closed Accounts Posts: 754 ✭✭✭mynameis905

Must be a real professional if they were carrying a grinder

http://www.kildarenow.com/news/sallins-chef-expert-in-grinding-cannabis-says-judge/64194

That particular judge is notorious for being an absolute prick and waging his own personal 'war on drugs' from the bench.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Bongalongherb

I feel a tear in my eye looking at that bag of weed being arrested. That has to be a joke from a Garda because it is the smallest seizure in the history of the Irish state. I do get the munchies just by looking at it, I could give it a good home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

richy wrote: »
    Has anyone seen this? https://www.facebook.com/angardasiochana/photos/a.10153518950168001.1073742475.167613868000/10153518950943001/?type=3&comment_id=10153543110458001&notif_t=like

Seems to be a massive reaction to what amounts to a petty post (IMO) by the guards of a small amount of cannabis and a "magic wheel device" :D as someone commented.

I think it is a bit of a joke the law regarding drugs in this country but at the end of the day, the gaurds are just doing their job.

However, posting a small bag of cannabis seized on their page makes me think they are not one bit in touch with reality. At least those in charge of the FB page arent.

There is over a 1000 comments there. Reckon it is the most traffic the page has ever seen.

Some of top comments include:

****ing hell lads, you're all such Heros, I feel so much safer on the streets now knowing you've apprehend the biggest drug lord since Pablo Escobar. Give yerselfs a pat on the back
    Unlike · Reply · 3,210 · 31 December 2015 at 19:52

Like and share to win
    Unlike · Reply · 3,667 · 31 December 2015 at 18:01 :D:D:D

Wayne Mulligan Ladies and gentlemen,

An Garda Síochána.
    Unlike · Reply · 845 · Yesterday at 03:49

A heartening display by a wise public.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

The problem with that seizure is that when it gets to court the weight won't be mentioned. It'll be called 'enough to make x joints'. I seen in court one day the Garda say their was enough to make over 300 joints got on a person at oxygen. The amount would have made 10 decent joints tops.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭NomadicGray

That particular judge is notorious for being an absolute prick and waging his own personal 'war on drugs' from the bench.

Yeah, Im familiar with stories of him. Grade A prick

I feel a tear in my eye looking at that bag of weed being arrested................

What would you say if that bag of weed was attacking your mother, or your sister? What good would your liberal agenda do you then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

carzony wrote: »

I fully respect the Gardai

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭colossus-x

The security services are adept and over-blowing what they have archived. They do it all the time.

There are all sorts of law enforcements agencies. It is there job to do 'stuff'.

They don't want to have nothing to do so they seek it out.

Otherwise they might loose there jobs if funding was cut.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Was only having a laugh at those comments a few minutes ago.

I think the funniest thing is if you look at the picture on it's own there is no description or anything on it. It's just a picture posted on Facebook by the Gardai of a bag of weed and a grinder :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭carzony

GFT wrote: »
    C'mon, do you honestly believe nabbing someone with a half gram of weed is "job well done"? I'd count it as someone now with a conviction against their name and their life ruined. This is how most career criminals start. Something like this can't be removed from somebodies record therefore disqualifying them from most jobs.

Resentment is widespread for a reason.

I'm not defending it mate and most people by the looks of things think it's a waste of garda time.

Which begs the question why hasnt it been legalised yet?

Nodin wrote: »
    What would you say if that bag of weed was attacking your mother, or your sister? What good would your liberal agenda do you then?

I've yet to see a bag of weed attack anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

I follow the Garda traffic Twitter page and actually find it quite funny. Whoever runs it has a sense of humour..

colossus-x wrote: »
    The security services are adept and over-blowing what they have archived. They do it all the time.

...there's a smart remark in there, but it just won't come to me..........

It does take a singular eejit to post an actual picture of the thing you're exaggerating though.

^^ Maybe you'd like to see a totalitarian state @Nodin? Like North Korea?

^^ Maybe you'd likee to see a totalitarian state @Nodin? Like North Korea?

You must be posting from the dimension that contains the right-wing Nodin. Say hi to Evil Kirk for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭Tombi!

mod: While you're more than welcome to have an opinion on this situation - please cut out the blatant insults. Thanks, Tombi!

Nodin wrote: »
    You must be posting from the dimension that contains the right-wing Nodin. Say hi to Evil Kirk for me.

You can't legislate for life beyond a certain degree. If you do then we're in the realm of Evil Kirk.

You can't legislate for life beyond a certain degree. If you do then we're in the realm of Evil Kirk.

I'll just leave this here
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=92635571&postcount=9

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭Sir Osis of Liver.

Advertisement