Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online learning

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 49 geezoh

If youre successful the online learning will be open to you prior to your entry to gv so dont stress

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 820sox

Hey,

Wondering if anyone can help. I'm currently enrolled in the online learning, and as far as I can tell I have it completed.

Is there a way to submit it, or is it automatically submitted on the end date?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭The keyboard warrior

I've completed mine as well. I think the progress bar went from orange to green indicating that it was complete.

I don't think we do anything else? Cost me an absolute fortune in ink printing it all!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 FV4034_Seraph

Your progress bar will change from partly filled orange, to a full green bar. It will also say completed. Check in your course grades to make sure everything says 100%. Would take some amount of paper and ink to print that all out haha!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 B999B

Your progress bar will change from partly filled orange, to a full green bar. It will also say completed. Check in your course grades to make sure everything says 100%. Would take some amount of paper and ink to print that all out haha!

Does EVERYTHING need to be at 100%? Was there not one that wasn't being graded?

I've literally printed everything lol. And yes, it's took a lot of paper and ink.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭Catdog33

Jeez I didn't print it out! I just read through it all online

I figured as we're going to be tested on it on the first week id want to look over it again before then.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭Catdog33

B999B wrote: »
    I figured as we're going to be tested on it on the first week id want to look over it again before then.

I thought that if and when you get the call online learning opens again so you can look over the material before being tested. Think I'll wait until that day hopefully comes before using all my ink lol!!

Probably but I ain't risking it for £20 worth of ink lol

Yes, there is one unit (either 3 or 4) that asks you to do the quiz before doing the learning material. It says that it is ungraded, however when I went into the grades section, it is the only one sitting at less than 100%

I'm in two minds as to whether to go back and repeat it.

I get the impression it was just to test our own preconceptions and knowledge and doesn't need to be completely accurate?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Mop a top

I know a few did in the first campaign and it's a good refresher before you start GV. Apparently there's stuff in it you do get tested on.

Regarding the completed section, I think you can go on and look at grades etc of the modules. I had done all the tests and everything was ticked off bit when I looked in there, I seen a few that hadn't pulled across so I had to go back through that test again. Better safe than sorry.

Btw it will close automatically on the time/ date stated, well it did last time, I couldn't imagine it changing this time round.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Razer33

I saved the stuff as PDF rather than printing, best of both worlds! :D

I'll probably spend a few weeks properly learning it all off if I pass the PCA and Medical. I don't want to spend an inordinate amount of time on it just yet, as it may all count for nothing!

Yes, there is one unit (either 3 or 4) that asks you to do the quiz before doing the learning material. It says that it is ungraded, however when I went into the grades section, it is the only one sitting at less than 100%

I'm in two minds as to whether to go back and repeat it.

I get the impression it was just to test our own preconceptions and knowledge and doesn't need to be completely accurate?

I got the same impression. I haven't changed it either.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 geezoh

Guys if your successful it opens a
    again a week before your training so dont panic..

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭.S.

Daft q... With all I've got going on I'm cutting it fine with online learning... It is just the sections under my courses I have to complete? Ie on login some sections, dse, fire, general material are displayed, do I need to go through these too?

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Icarus9

No just the online learning course, not everything on the whole website! once you have completed all the modules status bar will go green. you don't get any confirmation that it is complete.

Icarus9 wrote: »
    No just the online learning course, not everything on the whole website! once you have completed all the modules status bar will go green. you don't get any confirmation that it is complete.

Was hoping this was the case, thank you. Feel some 5am / before work study sessions coming on. On last section but want it finished before the cut off day. Thanks =)

Anyone else not able to get the link Section 3 criminal law act 1967 to work? Says its mandatory reading but it just says its currently unavailable to students. :-/

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Rustey Nail

Mop a top wrote: »
    Anyone else not able to get the link Section 3 criminal law act 1967 to work? Says its mandatory reading but it just says its currently unavailable to students. :-/

Hi Mop

I had the same issue earlier with Section 3 of the Criminal Law Act 1967. I just checked it out via Google instead.

• Advertisement

Thanks my lovely. I did google it but I've just finished it and it's saying its complete. Was worried in case it didn't mark it as 100% finished and I wouldn't progress. Didn't have that issue last time round. Thanks again :)

Some of the links are dodgy, most go to legislation.gov.uk if you want to look it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Sheepsy

Mop a top wrote: »

When I done my online learning I found one link in particular wouldn't work and I ended up trying about three browsers before it would open. Bit of a pain but as long as you've got your 100% happy days

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Bustermoon

Just checking, on completion of online learning do you receive any confirmation other than the progress bar saying complete?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭HighburyLad

Bustermoon wrote: »
    Just checking, on completion of online learning do you receive any confirmation other than the progress bar saying complete?

Just the completion bar dude, once the online is closed and the date is up you get an email from classis saying that its completed, or not lol. Providing it's 100% and the bar is green you should be good :)

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Bustermoon

Just the completion bar dude, once the online is closed and the date is up you get an email from classis saying that its completed, or not lol. Providing it's 100% and the bar is green you should be good :)

Thanks Highbury! Bar green and everything at 100% so hopegully good to go! Next stop PCA!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭HighburyLad

Bustermoon wrote: »
    Thanks Highbury! Bar green and everything at 100% so hopegully good to go! Next stop PCA!

Anytime mate :) before you know it pca will be done and completed. Scary how the time flies lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭KevBo2015

Careful with legislation.org its UK law and we are mostly the same here but some things are different, usually the year we get it the year after England. They add stuff to it all the time and other links stop working when they do it lol, its growing at a colossal rate, so much in fact that we got a condensed version for our week 16 exams which sat at over 430 pages.... -.-

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭iamveryhopeful

my online learning completion deadline date has come and passed. I had everything completed and the completion bar backed this up.

However, since the date I have had no confirmation email from classis or anything. Is this just due to it being over the holiday period? Or should I be worried?

• Advertisement

I haven't received an email either my lovely. I think it's cos of the holidays too so I wouldn't worry :)

Advertisement