Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online learning

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39 loggingfolk

Online learning email for me today also. More torture. Although looking forward to the actual learning part of the online learning!

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Dekkers

JMcClane wrote: »
    Few weeks away. How about you?

I'm hoping that if all goes well with my medical and vetting I could get a call In August. That's maybe wishful thinking though.

Yeah, mines few weeks away too. Hard to say when you might get call if all goes well. Could well be August but there's whole batch doing medical before us in this group so you never know.

Got this through this evening too. After reading some of the comments I definitely think I'm going to leave it til after medical. Really don't want to want this any more than I already do!

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭JMcClane

Does anyone know if you fail a section on the online learning is that game over for you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Mop a top

Does anyone know if you fail a section on the online learning is that game over for you?

On line learning before or after the call

• Advertisement

Mop a top wrote: »
    On line learning before or after the call

Before the call.

Before the call.

You can repeat the sections as many times as you need to. They just want you to complete it. There's no pass or fail. Just make sure you look around in the menus and find your % scores. I had one that said it was completed but still showed 0/9 and I think it was the chemical cocktail one I had to go through again for it to show up as 100%. Make sure pop ups are unblocked or some of the videos and links won't work and also don't hit the back key on the (I think it's this) PowerPoint about data protection etc it won't go forward again and will register as incomplete and you'll have to go through it all over again. A few of us had that problem.

I printed most of it out and went through it with a highlighter. I personally find it easier to learn that way than off a screen. Plus it's good to have a nosy through again if you're stuck lol. Questions are fairly straight forward. Multiple choices. There's a quiz you do before you read the material I think it was PWTC, remember to go back to the quiz and get 100%

You can repeat the sections as many times as you need to. They just want you to complete it. There's no pass or fail. Just make sure you look around in the menus and find your % scores. I had one that said it was completed but still showed 0/9 and I think it was the chemical cocktail one I had to go through again for it to show up as 100%. Make sure pop ups are unblocked or some of the videos and links won't work and also don't hit the back key on the (I think it's this) PowerPoint about data protection etc it won't go forward again and will register as incomplete and you'll have to go through it all over again. A few of us had that problem.

I printed most of it out and went through it with a highlighter. I personally find it easier to learn that way than off a screen. Plus it's good to have a nosy through again if you're stuck lol. Questions are fairly straight forward. Multiple choices. There's a quiz you do before you read the material I think it was PWTC, remember to go back to the quiz and get 100%

Thanks Mop. Friday night with a glass of red and online learning. I've never been so excited about learning lol.

Lol nothing wrong with that. I'm currently baking my twin nieces first birthday cake and a 3D snowman for their big sister, little glass of cooler in hand lol

Lol nothing wrong with that. I'm currently baking my twin nieces first birthday cake and a 3D snowman for their big sister, little glass of cooler in hand lol

A 3D snowman in the middle of summer is bound to melt, even in this weather lol.

• Advertisement

A 3D snowman in the middle of summer is bound to melt, even in this weather lol.

Lol it's the snowman from frozen. She's mad about that, thankfully the cake won't melt

Read some of the info regarding online learning. Even if you fail the test undertaken in the 1st week you're not out on your ear it seems.

Dekkers wrote: »
    Read some of the info regarding online learning. Even if you fail the test undertaken in the 1st week you're not out on your ear it seems.

Yeah they just slap you on the wrist and ground you lol. I'm assuming that's what the "sanctions" are

Yeah they just slap you on the wrist and ground you lol. I'm assuming that's what the "sanctions" are

Yep I'd say so. Prob better not to find out at the same time!

Dekkers wrote: »
    Yep I'd say so. Prob better not to find out at the same time!

Lol true!!! Wait to you see me stress about tests

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Dutch_Rudder

Just asking out of curiosity, what number are the groups up to now on online learning? When I had access to it I was part of 2a and it was showing 2b and 3 but nothing more!

Just asking out of curiosity, what number are the groups up to now on online learning? When I had access to it I was part of 2a and it was showing 2b and 3 but nothing more!

Where do you see the groups on the online learning?

I can't really remember exactly, I think it was at the very top above the list of topics you have to do, or maybe the screen before that. Sorry for not being more helpful but I haven't been on it since the end of April!

I think I remember :-/ when you log in and scroll down a but to click on the pre entry link it was the next page but like Dutch said that's us trying to remember back to march/April time. I think I remember someone saying it was up to 5 at a point

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Rockchick1989

I'm in 5 if that helps. I think I seen it in on the course title.

• Advertisement

I'll have a look tonight when I get home from work and let you know.

Seems to be group 5 for the online learning. How's everyone getting on with their learning?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭DesertCreat_15

what group are you in then? :)

I think I'm in group 5.

Once we have finished online learning are we shut out completely or do we still have access to it?

Once we have finished online learning are we shut out completely or do we still have access to it?

Totally shut out. You won't have access until you get a call so you can complete the next lot before you start.

Print everything off.

Totally shut out. You won't have access until you get a call so you can complete the next lot before you start.

Print everything off.

You don't even get access until after induction after the call so good advice from Mop to print everything off. You do have access though until your 4 weeks is up, even if you have everything green and finished so you can look over it as much as you like until your prescribed time finishes :)

You don't even get access until after induction after the call so good advice from Mop to print everything off. You do have access though until your 4 weeks is up, even if you have everything green and finished so you can look over it as much as you like until your prescribed time finishes :)

Thanks! Was panicking about whether to print the stuff out or not but definately will now! So much information to take in however loving it! Makes me hope I get in even more!!

Thanks! Was panicking about whether to print the stuff out or not but definately will now! So much information to take in however loving it! Makes me hope I get in even more!!

Seems like everyone is the same way about it! Good way of testing people's enthusiasm in a way lol at least you know you're not put off at all and you're busting even more for it! Good luck with whatever stage you've got next! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭oztop1234

Thought id give this a bump.

Anyone want to hazard a guess as to when we will get an email about online learning?

Advertisement