Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connacht vs Ulster sportsground 18:00 TG4/BBCNI

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Inspector Coptoor

What a hit by Marmion on the Ulster 6

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Blackclaret

Marmion, great hit..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,490 ✭✭✭swiwi_

Connacht are really missing not having a better 10 on the field IMO. The 10/12 is not going well for them. Lots of possession for no points. I'd figure Ulster will just suck this up and then start to put on some points of their own.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,604 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

That is not a "world of difference"; that's hyperbole.

Probably a good thing you pointed out I didn't literally mean an entire alternative reality globe of difference existed. I think you cleared up a lot of potential confusion.

Rewatch the Payne incident and then rewatch healy. Healy wasn't late. He slowed down before the ball landed, meaning he had less lateral speed, and jumped in meaning he hit trimble higher. Hence trimble was actually fine.

Payne was genuinely late. At full sprint and with no elevation. He took out goode. He didn't deserve a red, but it was a significantly worse foul. Imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Blackclaret

If IRFU want to turn Madigan into a top class ten reckon it's Galway they should be sending not Limerick.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Triumvirate

errlloyd wrote: »
    Probably a good thing you pointed out I didn't literally mean an entire alternative reality globe of difference existed. I think you cleared up a lot of potential confusion.

Rewatch the Payne incident and then rewatch healy. Healy wasn't late. He slowed down before the ball landed, meaning he had less lateral speed, and jumped in meaning he hit trimble higher. Hence trimble was actually fine.

We disagree, which is fine.

Do you have to be so obnoxious and condescending, though?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

errlloyd wrote: »

Payne was genuinely late. At full sprint and with no elevation. He took out goode. He didn't deserve a red, but it was a significantly worse foul. Imo.

Less of the snipes, both of you.

Fair. I didnt mean to. :p the original message obviously didn't read the way I'd intended. Sorry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 681 ✭✭✭flouncer

connachta wrote: »
    Hold until 60 min as Connacht bench is better
    agree again connachta

• Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

Healy lucky didnt get binned tbh
    Great game, great atmosphere, keep thinking Ulster have a second row out on their backline then cop it is McCloskey ha
    Needed that pen that Ronaldson missed to go over though.. Ulster coming into it more and more

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 681 ✭✭✭flouncer

when our proper 1-3 are put on then things will happen. even rodney over nathan

Connacht need a lot more patience and composure from their halfbacks. They're getting into the right areas of the field and turning over cheaply. Ulster haven't been great but Jackson has moved the ball with more pace and accuracy.

Overall, not really too great a game as of yet. Full blooded but no real stand out quality moments.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,490 ✭✭✭swiwi_

Andy Ward's hybrid Whangarei/NI accent is weird. Keep expecting him to throw in a few "eh's" & "bro's". Jarred still sounds Kiwi as.

McGinty should start the 2nd 40 for Connacht, otherwise I reckon Ulster win.

swiwi_ wrote: »
    Andy Ward's hybrid Whangarei/NI accent is weird. Keep expecting him to throw in a few "eh's" & "bro's". Jarred still sounds Kiwi as.

McGinty should start the 2nd 40 for Connacht, otherwise I reckon Ulster win.

Ropey kick from carty. You might be correct.

It had been excellent discipline from Ulster until that concession. They're looking rock solid in defence and Connacht lacking any real incision in the backline. A lot of side to side play that is being well contained.

Defence ruling the roost for both sides. Connacht miss another shot....costly.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭A-Train

A poor miss by Connacht again in such a tight game

After the missed kick, a guy in the stand definitely had a green latern shirt on. I know someone on here was asking about them.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,335 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

2 bad misses from Ronaldson now. Could be costly in such a low scoring game.

I love Muldoon, he's a beast and an absolute leader but he's so petulant.

Should the penalty be where the ball dropped, and if so is the advantage over?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,965 ✭✭✭connachta

Ok Fitzy!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭Sinbad_NI

How's that a yellow but the first half tackle in the air was just a penalty. Not great.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,769 ✭✭✭✭bilston

Not convinced by that to be honest.

Sinbad_NI wrote: »
    How's that a yellow but the first half tackle in the air was just a penalty. Not great.

Well if Fitzgibbon decides Marshall deliberately takes him out then it's a yellow so we can't argue the sanction if he thinks that is what Marshall has done, but I think it is debatable that that is what Marshall did.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

bilston wrote: »
    Not convinced by that to be honest.

I wasn't at first, but on the replay it was fairly obvious.

bilston wrote: »
    Well if Fitzgibbon decides Marshall deliberately takes him out then it's a yellow so we can't argue the sanction if he thinks that is what Marshall has done, but I think it is debatable that that is what Marshall did.

I think it's the trip that makes it an automatic yellow. Marshall did stretch that leg.

molloyjh wrote: »
    I wasn't at first, but on the replay it was fairly obvious.

Not sure about fairly obvious but given I'm looking at it through Ulster coloured spectacles you may be right. I'd need to see it again at full speed.

Edit - if it was intentional it was pretty dumb play because I don't think that particular Connacht player was getting to the ball first. Clumsy play by the half backs in the first place mind,

Ah Marshall definitely stuck the leg out to stop the other player, absolutely cynical.

Dense from Pienaar. They had been managing the sin bin very well for the past 5 minutes, all in Connacht's half.

Connacht with a shot at moving in front now.

All in all, a really mediocre game though. 3-3 after 69 minutes...not a ringing endorsement. Although Fitzgibbon did manage to stop the most creative piece of play in the match there. Not really his fault though.

• Advertisement

McGinty not much better than Carty, unfortunately. Missed touch from a penalty by a distance and a heavily sliced kick makes touch but hands back possession with 9 minutes left gaining only 20m.

Whichever side concedes a penalty will lose it.

Advertisement