Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment - Stage 1 - The Initial Selection Test

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Mop a top

lol was going to start the rant again. I was so close to clipping a dude round the back of the head

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭The Rookie

Mop a top wrote: »
    lol was going to start the rant again. I was so close to clipping a dude round the back of the head

Lol I was looking at the guy beside me and he just kept writing... I was thinking are you serious pal they just said Stop!

I did the "ah-hum" clearing of throat but desk 51 was too busy underlining at least 3 more words to notice my glares. Little s***. If looks could kill he'd be 6' under lol

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭iamveryhopeful

rndj wrote: »
    On a separate note, George Hamilton posted on Twitter in a response to a question relating to recruitment numbers:
    'We hope to recruit 252 from 14/15 & at least 100 from 15/16 subject to review against affordability & wastage'

Lol'd at question 8.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭D4z

Completed mine today; there was a woman to my right that decided when he said "try the examples" she would just turn the page and start the actual test, I assumed she heard him wrong but then she did it again for the next section -.-

• Advertisement

Now that's totally taking the piss!!!! Must text my friend and ask if it was her :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭Gee-22

Not long to wait now for results. They said we will know by the 17 December.

My guess is passes will be emailed tomorrow and fails Tuesday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Goonerdee

Last time I felt I did well during the IST I failed it. Unfortunately I felt I flew through it this time. Expecting a big fat fail :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭WannabePC

Goonerdee wrote: »
    Last time I felt I did well during the IST I failed it. Unfortunately I felt I flew through it this time. Expecting a big fat fail :(

I thought i definitely passed it in C1 and didn't. In C2 I thought I failed it but passed lol. Not sure what to expect on Thursday!

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Midgetgem84

Good luck everyones thats waiting on results!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 hurdles123

We expecting the email after 5:30 tomorrow?

I know the first email about IST was after 5:30 on date suggested.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Timetravel

hurdles123 wrote: »
    We expecting the email after 5:30 tomorrow?

I know the first email about IST was after 5:30 on date suggested.

I think last campaign they started coming at around 4.15pm but mine came through a few hours after that. Could be any time really.

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭shanevendrell

Guesses on the pass mark?

Guesses on the pass mark?

Usually 48-52

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭swl33t

*refresh email*

I'm half asleep. Wondered why :D
    Good luck my lovlies x

• Registered Users Posts: 20 hurdles123

Does your email tell you your score?

The pass mark was 48 last year. Yes the email tells you your score and the what you scored in each area.

Has anybody received an email yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭azure

The pass mark was 48 last year. Yes the email tells you your score and the what you scored in each area.

Has anybody received an email yet?
    Is it unheard of to get the email in the afternoon?
    I imagine the pass mark will be lower given than fewer people applied for this campaign.

You'll get a breakdown of what you scored in each section for the IST and will be told the pass mark for the test overall and what your score was. You'll also get your Assessment Centre invitation too if you pass.

• Advertisement

azure wrote: »
    Is it unheard of to get the email in the afternoon?

I think it is buddy. I remember getting the email around 5 o'clock the last two times and all other campaigns before the recruitment freeze used the post as the method of communication, back in the dark ages that was haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Bustermoon

WannabePC wrote: »
    I think it is buddy. I remember getting the email around 5 o'clock the last two times and all other campaigns before the recruitment freeze used the post as the method of communication, back in the dark ages that was haha.

Last person in the office hits 'send' on the emails while everyone else holds their coat and the door ready to run before phonecalls start!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭azure

Bustermoon wrote: »
    Last person in the office hits 'send' on the emails while everyone else holds their coat and the door ready to run before phonecalls start!!!
    Delotte must be an exception. A few weeks ago I got my interview results for the Army in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭PCWannabe

Good luck everyone waiting on results. I'm not holding out much hope based on the number of questions I missed and guessed. Just want put out of my misery.

Delotte must be an exception. A few weeks ago I got my interview results for the Army in the morning.

It's just the way they run the process. The army process is a lot quicker and much more simple compared to the PSNI one. Also you don't have 5000 or so people being processed through the AFCO at one go trying for the one role. There's also no contest between the army BARB test and and PSNI IST haha.

PCWannabe wrote: »
    Good luck everyone waiting on results. I'm not holding out much hope based on the number of questions I missed and guessed. Just want put out of my misery.

Don't sell yourself short! It's a hard test and everyone is often surprised on how well they've done despite guessing answers etc. I've walked out of that hall thinking I've definitely passed and then failed. I've also walked out thinking I've definitely failed and passed! Good luck and let us all know how you got on!

This was for the Army in the ROI. Its a structured recruitment campaign like the PSNI.

Ahh I see, my apologies! Just out of curiosity what does the fitness test consist off for down there?

• Registered Users Posts: 40 roboturnip

Back for another go this time round. Refreshing my emails like mad. No work shall be done today!

roboturnip wrote: »
    Back for another go this time round. Refreshing my emails like mad. No work shall be done today!

Nervously waiting for the email to arrive.
    Not hopeful of passing though!
    Good luck everybody ☺

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Goonerdee

Today seems to be lasting forever!

Advertisement