Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TUF 22 - Europe vs USA (McGregor & Faber coaching)**Contains Spoilers**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭Lights On

Was sure that they'd give Marcin the fight after I saw that Saul had been taken out, would have liked to see himself and Artem knocking lumps out of each other. But I'm glad to see Ryan back too, will definitely make for a more exciting final than Saul v Artem, had a feeling Saul would have ended up taking him to the ground and laying on him for the majority.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

John and the coaches in sbg will be busy bees right now preparing artem for that 50/50 and conor for Jose!

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭VisibleGorilla

Why was Ryan Hall brought in and not have Marcin fight?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

I'd say it comes down to Dana and the coaches preferring Ryan...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭smilerf

Can only assume it's down to money. They probably see Ryan as a better draw

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Possibly availability too, is Marcin a fully pro fighter or does he have a day job too

Have just seen that Marcin is fighting Juciy J tomorrow night so maybe that's why Ryan was called up instead? Glad to see him getting a fight anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭clever user name

So if it stays on the feet Artem probably wins, if it goes to the ground Hall wins. Looks pretty cut and dry to me. Or am I oversimplifying it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

So if it stays on the feet Artem probably wins, if it goes to the ground Hall wins. Looks pretty cut and dry to me. Or am I oversimplifying it?

MMA Math doesn't work.

Ryan has better technique than Artem in every area, Artem is a one trick pony but the one trick he has is stupidly heavy hands.

Abner Lloveras vs. Chris Gruitzemacher also on the card for the final, strange one that!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭Richy06

John_D80 wrote: »
    Would love to hear the opinions of any of the posters here who train in SBG with Artem and may have seen him and Ryan sparring and/or rolling during the week that Ryan was over here.

They've trained together plenty. Out of respect and deference to both men, I won't be saying how it went - because it's training and that should stay in the gym where it belongs. Suffice to say both men know exactly what the other wants to do in terms of how they fight so it'll come down to how each guy prepares and has evolved since then.

Artem is notoriously hard to take down and is very adept at popping straight back up again. Maintaining and being very diligent with his base and posture in grappling exchanges will see him right, though he won't bring the wrestling and grappling base Saul did in his neutralising effort against Hall.

Stylistically, this fight is awesome. I cannae wait!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

JustTheOne wrote: »
    John and the coaches in sbg will be busy bees right now preparing artem for that 50/50 and conor for Jose!

I assume they've been preparing for weeks at this stage.

Will the fight take place at featherweight? Says on wikipedia it will but could just be a mistake

• Registered Users Posts: 39,140 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Ryan lost by decision, whereas Marcin was finished. Plus Ryan keeps the USA vrs Europe theme going.

Ryan is also the best known fighter out of the contestants.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

Should this fight not be up on the UFC Pick 'Em thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

Should this fight not be up on the UFC Pick 'Em thing?

It will be in time surely.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

Mods, any chance of a poll for Lobov/Hall?

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭clever user name

MMA Math doesn't work.

Ryan has better technique than Artem in every area, Artem is a one trick pony but the one trick he has is stupidly heavy hands.

I was more referring to their skill sets, not their previous fights. But I know what you mean.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭runman

I think Hall will get a hold of him. i can't see artem avoiding takedowns for the duration of the fight and i can see hall keeping enough distance to avoid artems big shots.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭Ian Whelan

Will McGregor be at the Lobov fight does anyone know? I assume he will be? Perhaps all of that excitement might not be very good for him the night before his own fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,333 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

MMA Math doesn't work.

On the ground undoubtably but Hall's stand up has looked fairly rudimentary at best. He was getting tagged a lot by Saul standing and was knocked down a couple of times. Unless he's improved a lot I doubt he'll want to keep it standing against Artem. There are holes in Artem's stand-up but he does have a ton of power and has been fairly accurate with his shots throughout the show as well.

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Seems that Juicy J got crushed to a pulp. :)

Artem vs Hall.... well, I'm happy because I wanted to see more of Hall but it should probably have been Marcin getting the nod. Artem vs Hall... you really gotta love the big lug at this point. Hall is the more skilled for sure but how could you not be on Team Artem. 4 Straight knockouts would be amazing.

I'd say Artem gained more from training with Hall than the other way around. I mean, its not exactly rocket science to work out Artems game. He's going to punch you really really really hard. Go train for that. :)
    Meanwhile I'd say Artem is drilling leg escapes in his sleep at this point!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

Delighted for Artem getting the win in that fashion. His will and determination is greater than the sum of its parts. Win or lose(hopefully win) v Hall theres a few big paydays ahead for him.
    I would fancy him if Hall plays the same game he did v Saul but i think Hall will be constantly looking for takedowns and i can see him getting a few. Its about if and How Artem can bounce back up.
    Nice to see Aldo make an appearance and the look of Conor hardly knowing what to make of it!.
    One of the best series in recent times.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

John_D80 wrote: »
    Mods, any chance of a poll for Lobov/Hall?

No point. Do one after the fight

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Artem 4/7 with the bookies, Hall 11/8.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

califano wrote: »
    Delighted for Artem getting the win in that fashion. His will and determination is greater than the sum of its parts. Win or lose(hopefully win) v Hall theres a few big paydays ahead for him.
    I would fancy him if Hall plays the same game he did v Saul but i think Hall will be constantly looking for takedowns and i can see him getting a few. Its about if and How Artem can bounce back up.
    Nice to see Aldo make an appearance and the look of Conor hardly knowing what to make of it!.
    One of the best series in recent times.

I found it abit strange Aldo being there and doing coaching as he can't speak English. The bit where McGregor see's him first Aldo would have had no idea what he was saying.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Aldo speaks more English than he lets on I think... Lets face it, Aldo wasn't brought there to coach he was brought there to put him in proximity to Conor. The fight is next week, its part of the build up!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,575 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Great season and cracking result for Artem, beaming for him. Mad to see Ryan get a shot at the UFC as well so I think this will be a class fight.

Weigh ins are live in 5 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Paully D wrote: »
    Artem 4/7 with the bookies, Hall 11/8.

Just saw that was surprised to see Artem quite so short.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

Very disappointed there's no Tahn Le tomorrow night. Gritz was about to be sent home as the worst winner then got knocked out by Artem. Can't see why he got a fight for the finale?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

hefferboi wrote: »
    Very disappointed there's no Tahn Le tomorrow night. Gritz was about to be sent home as the worst winner then got knocked out by Artem. Can't see why he got a fight for the finale?

All I can Think about when I see him is him crying, would much rathered a few of the other lads ahead of him.

Advertisement