Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Reserve Training

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Doyouevenlift9

I applied for the reserves today and got the below response

Dear Candidate,

Thank you for your application, it has been added to our database.

The Garda Reserve recruitment has been on hold since December 2013 due to the full time Garda Trainee recruitment. We have no idea as to when we will be recommencing Garda Reserve recruitment. However we do have a huge back log of applications on file. So it could be quite a while before we get back to you in relation to calling you for interview.

I have passed all the stages pal, was ment to have started training in June cancelled then September and November cancelled , taking me 3 years to get to where I am and I probs won't get a training date anytime soon , u could be waiting years for a interview then 2years + in the process its self if your successful , The full time is what u should apply too, forget the Reserve ,poorly run and such a slow process .

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭Cedric87

https://www.kildarestreet.com/wrans/?id=2015-11-17a.729&s=Garda+reserve
    I asked niall to question the minister this was the result.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭KwackerJack

Cedric87 wrote: »
    https://www.kildarestreet.com/wrans/?id=2015-11-17a.729&s=Garda+reserve
    I asked niall to question the minister this was the result.

Think I'll be forgetting this for a long long while

Id love to know who the 21 are because they are not from this year. Unless they are counting the 21 as those of us who are waiting training.

Id love to know who the 21 are because they are not from this year. Unless they are counting the 21 as those of us who are waiting training.

Must be people who have been passed for training and are waiting to go to the college!

All we can do is wait unfortunately

• Advertisement

So i would be in that group but I would not class myself as being in training. Sounds to me like the minister is not being informed correctly.

21 in training since when ? I'd say mid next year or even this time next year something might happen

Keep an eye on kildare street because they discuss the reserves quite a bit on there. But yeah apparently we are currently in training... 21 is plenty for a class but focus is on full time and the wait continues for us all.

Very disheartening TBH..............Can we do anything right on this little Island?

Even if I did apply for the full time id say there is still a serious back-log

So bord of this, but yet I still really want to keep in the loop about what's happening, there no1 left to ask what going on at this stage

• Advertisement

That's what I thought but I started to write to local TD's who question the minister who will then in turn question the commissioner. Others should also send theirs experience so far to TD's get it talked about.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭donman

This is extremely disappointing,especially when tomorrow should be the day we start our Training.I'm sure they could have taken 21 people for the short time our training would have taken up at the college.And to see that we are apparently in training since September.To think that back in May,i was punching the air with excitement,that the long wait was eventually worth it,to now,shaking my head in disbelief and wondering,is it going to be all taken away at another round of medicals.

Ive the same fear to be honest but I like to believe we'll be okay. Im more concerned about dates

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

Would the Garda college have any answers ? Would it be worth giving them an email?

Id say they'd give you the same lines as HQ but you never know

Id say they'd give you the same lines as HQ but you never know

I remember calling the college before and I got the same answer as HQ, In fact it was nearly line for line! Id say they have pre-written responses to ensure no false info is handed out

Yeah I don't think it's even being discussed down there and by the looks of it no one is talking about the reserves only us waiting.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Jammydodger123

Hey lads,

Did any of ye do the medical on the 15th April 2015? Who are they referring to as the "21 in training"?? Is it those who did there medical on the 15th April?

I done my medical early June and given dates for September, since the last group of reserves there has been no more intakes. That last group graduated in July and we were given dates for September, according to the minister she claims that "as of September there are 21 reserves in training". However there are no reserves in training so we are led to assume she is referring to those of us who are waiting since before the summer. So her statement is in fact wrong unless they class us as training because we are awaiting the dates.

• Advertisement

I done my medical early June and given dates for September, since the last group of reserves there has been no more intakes. That last group graduated in July and we were given dates for September, according to the minister she claims that "as of September there are 21 reserves in training". However there are no reserves in training so we are led to assume she is referring to those of us who are waiting since before the summer. So her statement is in fact wrong unless they class us as training because we are awaiting the dates.

There nothing that we can do but wait ,here's to 3 year anniversary waiting hahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Jammydodger123

I see, cheers Cedric..I'd day there was more than 21 in my medical group in April anyway..surely they could get us in before the next intake of full time Garda recruits. I really don't understand the hold up. I know manpower and resources have to be organised but surely they've had sufficient time since the last intake cancellation..if we ever get in, it'll be a miracle, getting hard to remain positive about it now..;/

Ah I agree I personally think the figures the Minster have are wrong and she personally has no interest in the reserves, the only reason the commissioner shows an interest is because her son is a reserve. I don't know it seems like the reserves are moving backwards rather than forwards, it won't be until the new year before we hear anything. I only found out about the cancelled dates on here, I never received any email saying it was not going ahead.

Ah I agree I personally think the figures the Minster have are wrong and she personally has no interest in the reserves, the only reason the commissioner shows an interest is because her son is a reserve. I don't know it seems like the reserves are moving backwards rather than forwards, it won't be until the new year before we hear anything. I only found out about the cancelled dates on here, I never received any email saying it was not going ahead.

Think her son is full time now. But I wish it was like the UK set up, my friend is over there ,he is in college and is a special constable in Kent , he applyed in june 2014 and was in the police college January 2015 . I told him I applied back at the start of 2013 for the Reserve and I still haven't been brought to the Garda college. he couldn't believe it , I could be in and be trained 3 times over there, crazy when ya think about it.

I always wanted to go to England to join the met or even any force, my girlfriend is from England and is over there studying and the urge to go over is huge for me. However my family and friends keep me here and also you must be in the UK 3 years before being able to apply, but if I could I would be on the next plane over. It's very tempting as I am only gone 21 so I do think by the time I am 24 I could apply and the force in the UK is well more advanced than the Gardai over here.

I always wanted to go to England to join the met or even any force, my girlfriend is from England and is over there studying and the urge to go over is huge for me. However my family and friends keep me here and also you must be in the UK 3 years before being able to apply, but if I could I would be on the next plane over. It's very tempting as I am only gone 21 so I do think by the time I am 24 I could apply and the force in the UK is well more advanced than the Gardai over here.

If you go to somewhere like Kent , there is no 3 year rule , just have to have an address and a pps number. I would love to go over , far better set up not waiting near as long to get in .

I might give it more consideration of I am unsuccessful at the next intake.

I wonder now that we are coming into a new year we may here something on a class ? Are is that wishful thinking .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭thekopend

I wonder now that we are coming into a new year we may here something on a class ? Are is that wishful thinking .

Id say focus is on full time recruits in the college for near future. With 600 being recruited next year the college will be full to capacity.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭donman

A very Happy New Year,to all those currently waiting on any section of the Garda Reserve.May 2016 be the year,that you all see movement in the process.For those who are waiting on a confirmed Training date,may 2016,be the year that we move forward,and put the low spells of 2015 behind us.
    For those currently serving their communities.......Respect & Stay Safe.

Happy New Year folks.

Advertisement