Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

November Intake

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭Breaking bad

aloha2711 wrote: »
    I'm on cloud nine!

Count me in on the November intake too please!!

See I told you there was hope :) well done and see you there

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭IvanT1984

Woo congrats

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭StingrayGC

aloha2711 wrote:
    I'm on cloud nine!

aloha2711 wrote:

Congratulations

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Mallbo26

Well done Aloha! Brilliant news!

So excited to meet everyone! There's actually quite a few boardies in Novemeber intake!

• Registered Users Posts: 30 statusz

aloha2711 wrote: »
    I'm on cloud nine!

Well done on the late call! See you all soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39 elliotness

Is anyone feeling apprehensive at all about starting in gv or is everyone still full of beans?

elliotness wrote: »
    Is anyone feeling apprehensive at all about starting in gv or is everyone still full of beans?

Yea definitely as I want to make a good impression and it's been a long time in the making. Cannot wait to start though, it's very difficult now having motivation in my current job.

Very excited for the future :)

elliotness wrote: »

first 4 weeks will be the decider and I would put money on the fact that everybody will consider dropping out at some point or that it isn't for them

but head down, bull on and play the game

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Potential Constable Dibble

IvanT1984 wrote: »
    first 4 weeks will be the decider and I would put money on the fact that everybody will consider dropping out at some point or that it isn't for them

but head down, bull on and play the game

A friend of mine told me that on his intake a guy dropped out after the induction weekend. Apparently couldn't be dealing with the discipline of the whole thing.

Mad to think that after all the different elements to the process and the difficult wait etc that someone would just jack it all in.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Derob

A friend of mine told me that on his intake a guy dropped out after the induction weekend. Apparently couldn't be dealing with the discipline of the whole thing.

Mad to think that after all the different elements to the process and the difficult wait etc that someone would just jack it all in.

I've been watching SAS who dares win programme if it's anything less than that then it'll be a piece of cake lol joking aside it is what you make it, head down and play the game is what I've been told by current officers

• Advertisement

Derob wrote: »
    I've been watching SAS who dares win programme if it's anything less than that then it'll be a piece of cake lol joking aside it is what you make it, head down and play the game is what I've been told by current officers

And without sounding too soppy you have a whole squad of people going through exactly what you are going through help is everywhere

• Registered Users Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Homer01

Take a look at this thread; maybe you'll get one in your squad!!

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057102152

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Potential Constable Dibble

Homer01 wrote: »
    Take a look at this thread; maybe you'll get one in your squad!!

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057102152

Brilliant! Eye opening read, it's mad what goes through some heads and the expectations they have!!

Gotta love a bit of drill!! Bring back memories!!

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭.S.

Drill is great fun! =D

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭MikeOneJuliet

Anyone thinking GV is a walk in the park will be sorely mistaken. The first four to five weeks especially are incredibly tough. You will have minimal sleep and far too much reading, bulling, ironing, cleaning and fitness to do in your 'down' time. There's not a single person in my squad who didn't nearly walk out, and that's where you band together and help each other out. You're in in together now, not against each other. Up until GV you've been trying to beat everyone to get your place but now you're all equal. Prepare for a lot of hard work.

Anyone thinking GV is a walk in the park will be sorely mistaken. The first four to five weeks especially are incredibly tough. You will have minimal sleep and far too much reading, bulling, ironing, cleaning and fitness to do in your 'down' time. There's not a single person in my squad who didn't nearly walk out, and that's where you band together and help each other out. You're in in together now, not against each other. Up until GV you've been trying to beat everyone to get your place but now you're all equal. Prepare for a lot of hard work.

That's very true. I was trying to get around as many people as possible at the induction to find out what everyone is like. Can't wait to start and have a new challenge in work rather than the 9-5 desk job pushing a pen around a desk.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭KevBo2015

It is no walk in the park indeed and whenever your lot comes in the place will be rammed to the walls. The queue for a coffee is already too long with the other junior squads haha!

Its hard but a good laugh at the same time and you will especially bond with your class! Remember to keep working on the induction stuff as there is an exam in week 2, and never too early to start the week 8 definitions.

It will be on you before you know it, trust me! Monday isn't long started before your walking out the doors on a Friday haha its mental.

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭.S.

Hope you are all getting prepared / getting fit & studying plenty people!
    As Kev says, time flies, get the study in while you can =)

• Registered Users Posts: 29 blui2

How you guys finding GV 4 or 5 weeks in? Any advice for anyone coming in behind you? Esp re the first day, the first exam and the first 4 weeks?

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭MikeOneJuliet

blui2 wrote: »
    How you guys finding GV 4 or 5 weeks in? Any advice for anyone coming in behind you? Esp re the first day, the first exam and the first 4 weeks?

Don't sweat the first exam. Not the end of the world of you fail it. Play the game for 4 weeks. It's tough but just get your head down and get on with it. You'll be show paraded for literally nothing at all. Just take it on the chin!

• Advertisement
Advertisement