Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Private profiles - please note that profiles marked as private will soon be public. This will facilitate moderation so mods can view users' warning histories. All of your posts across the site will appear on your profile page (including PI, RI). Groups posts will remain private except to users who have access to the same Groups as you. Thread here
Some important site news, please read here. Thanks!

November Intake

  • 16-10-2015 1:32pm
    #1
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭✭ Breaking bad


    Good to hear it's started up again :) post here if you got the call today. I'm hoping they are still going

    So far...

    aloha2711
    Ant08
    badi15
    Breaking bad
    captain truth
    elliotness
    IvanT1984
    j3llybean
    Joe789
    Mallbo26
    Potentialpc13
    Statusz


«134

Comments

  • Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭ IvanT1984


    I've been drafting my resignation letter in my head for weeks and weeks now I nearly turned my car around to go back to work and just tell them lol


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭✭ Breaking bad


    IvanT1984 wrote: »
    I've been drafting my resignation letter in my head for weeks and weeks now I nearly turned my car around to go back to work and just tell them lol

    Have a great weekend. Great news to end a Friday on. Hopeful for tons more


  • Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭✭ Mallbo26


    Guys I'm so delighted for all of us!!

    My legs, hands and brain all aren't functioning properly at the minute!!

    Hope you all enjoy your weekend celebrating!!

    You know, I genuinely can't remember one thing that the lady on the phone told me apart from start date and congratulations!! Everything else is just a blur!!


  • Registered Users Posts: 30 ✭✭✭ statusz


    It's hardly sunk in but I have been wanting this for a long time. Very excited to get started.


  • Registered Users Posts: 9 ✭✭✭ potentialpc13


    statusz wrote: »
    It's hardly sunk in but I have been wanting this for a long time. Very excited to get started.

    I think my wife was going to cry! can't wait to start


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭ KevBo2015


    Well done everyone who has got the call today, its a brilliant phone call and one of the most important in your life.

    Celebrate this weekend, thousands of people want this job and you have been given the opportunity to work towards the office of constable, gaining the powers that come with it.

    The course is tough so far, but you are going to be joining one of the finest police services in the world.

    I will see you all in November!!

    Any questions you can send me a PM.

    Well done again. What an opportunity.... =]


  • Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭ Catdog33


    Congrats guys on getting the call!! I'll be seeing you all in November and by that stage I should hopefully have some useful advice for you if you need it! :)


  • Registered Users Posts: 508 .S.


    Congrats people!


  • Registered Users Posts: 32 ✭✭✭ ant08


    What a way to start the weekend!!! Congrats guys and girls!!!

    woooohoooo


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 Mop a top


    Few sore heads this morning I hope!!!! Huge congratulations guys and girls!!!! Hard works just beginning but it will be well worth it, look after your new family now and don't forget this wee one here lol. Hopefully there's more names to Ba added after the weekend :)


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭ IvanT1984


    Mop a top wrote: »
    Few sore heads this morning I hope!!!! Huge congratulations guys and girls!!!! Hard works just beginning but it will be well worth it, look after your new family now and don't forget this wee one here lol. Hopefully there's more names to Ba added after the weekend :)

    It wouldn't be a celebration if their wasn't although mine was mainly from the hot whiskeys (strictly medicinal lol)


  • Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭✭ Mallbo26


    Mop a top wrote: »
    Few sore heads this morning I hope!!!! Huge congratulations guys and girls!!!! Hard works just beginning but it will be well worth it, look after your new family now and don't forget this wee one here lol. Hopefully there's more names to Ba added after the weekend :)

    I celebrated with a hot chocolate!! How hardcore!! Work this morning put a dampener on opening the champers! Maybe tomorrow! If ireland win then there may be more than one bottle opened!


  • Registered Users Posts: 9 ✭✭✭ potentialpc13


    Mallbo26 wrote: »
    I celebrated with a hot chocolate!! How hardcore!! Work this morning put a dampener on opening the champers! Maybe tomorrow! If ireland win then there may be more than one bottle opened!

    Same here, work today is not great but a few beverages tonite!


  • Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭✭ Mallbo26


    Same here, work today is not great but a few beverages tonite!

    No idea how we are going to put the next few weeks at work in! I can't concentrate at all!

    Do u know when they said our induction weekend was? I was in that much shock I genuinely cant remember half of what was said on the phone!


  • Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭ IvanT1984


    Mallbo26 wrote: »
    No idea how we are going to put the next few weeks at work in! I can't concentrate at all!

    Do u know when they said our induction weekend was? I was in that much shock I genuinely cant remember half of what was said on the phone!

    well I've already handed in my notice and have to start preparing my replacement. I had to think about when I would be getting paid as I was told payment from the police for the 1st time would be at the end of December for us. think I've found the sweet spot for when I leave and when I start getting paid


  • Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭✭ Mallbo26


    IvanT1984 wrote: »
    well I've already handed in my notice and have to start preparing my replacement. I had to think about when I would be getting paid as I was told payment from the police for the 1st time would be at the end of December for us. think I've found the sweet spot for when I leave and when I start getting paid

    I've handed mine in too! Just need to book off the induction weekend now but I can't remember when the lady said it was! Do u know?

    I get paid weekly so December is going to be lots of fun! Haha! Ah well! I don't even care, I'm too chuffed! Haha


  • Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭ MissWillow12


    Guys be smart and DONT post actual dates on the forum!!! Its being watched if you wish to discuss dates with each other PM. Look at the news the last week with the current campaign and then last night and today with security alerts. Be wise and dont give anyone an advantage to target anything or watch you and keep yourself and others safe by NOT posting dates!!!!!!


  • Registered Users Posts: 30 ✭✭✭ aloha2711


    Well done everyone!
    Ignorance was bliss there until I checked the boards today!
    Would love to hear something at the beginning of next week.......!


  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 8,883 CMod ✭✭✭✭ Shield


    I rarely get annoyed. Very rarely.

    This time, I'm annoyed, and my police hat is firmly in situ for this, as it should be.

    You really should be ashamed of yourself for posting an exact date on a public forum. The fact that it's been deleted means nothing. It will have already been Google-cached, as well as e-mailed to those who have the appropriate settings turned on.

    Shame on you for posting a date on here, with a location already in the public domain. Shame on you because you've already been told, countless times, to be aware of your personal security, and not to do anything that would compromise either your safety, or the safety of others.

    You have no defence.

    Shame on you.
    Guys be smart and DONT post actual dates on the forum!!! Its being watched if you wish to discuss dates with each other PM. Look at the news the last week with the current campaign and then last night and today with security alerts. Be wise and dont give anyone an advantage to target anything or watch you and keep yourself and others safe by NOT posting dates!!!!!!


  • Registered Users Posts: 9 ✭✭✭ potentialpc13


    IvanT1984 wrote:
    well I've already handed in my notice and have to start preparing my replacement. I had to think about when I would be getting paid as I was told payment from the police for the 1st time would be at the end of December for us. think I've found the sweet spot for when I leave and when I start getting paid


    notice handed in also!


  • Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭✭ Breaking bad


    Shield wrote: »
    I rarely get annoyed. Very rarely.

    This time, I'm annoyed, and my police hat is firmly in situ for this, as it should be.

    You really should be ashamed of yourself for posting an exact date on a public forum. The fact that it's been deleted means nothing. It will have already been Google-cached, as well as e-mailed to those who have the appropriate settings turned on.

    Shame on you for posting a date on here, with a location already in the public domain. Shame on you because you've already been told, countless times, to be aware of your personal security, and not to do anything that would compromise either your safety, or the safety of others.

    You have no defence.

    Shame on you.

    Wow did someone actually post the date up.... As all the literature has said before, you need to act as though you are now in the police and keep information to an absolute minimum. I have only told about 2-3 people in my family that I'm even applying and cautious of social media and where I go now and who I socialise with. Bit overkill but I would like to be safe.

    Hopeful for more calls today :)


  • Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭ IvanT1984


    I told my manager because I was putting him down on the vetting forms and he let it slip on me. I already have association with the police through long serving family members and it's commonly known but anybody who asks me directly I still deny it and tell them I got a job with G4s security.


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭✭ Breaking bad


    IvanT1984 wrote: »
    I told my manager because I was putting him down on the vetting forms and he let it slip on me. I already have association with the police through long serving family members and it's commonly known but anybody who asks me directly I still deny it and tell them I got a job with G4s security.

    Good idea :)


  • Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭ IvanT1984


    Quick question

    The lady on the phone mentioned we need to bring with us our birth certificate to induction is this the long one or will the short certificate do?


  • Registered Users Posts: 508 .S.


    Short birth cert is fine, that's what I took :)


  • Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭ IvanT1984


    Cheers :) means I don't have to go buy the long one and one more silly question that will probably be explained in the pack do I need to bring copies for them or will they do the copying themselves?


  • Registered Users Posts: 508 .S.


    They will also do the copying. It might help them out bringing copies but they don't expect it - I didn't, my printer ran outta ink. The ladies that make the calls are the ones checking paperwork etc when you arrive, they're very helpful, you'll be grand


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭✭ badi15


    Room for one more on this thread? :)


  • Registered Users Posts: 30 ✭✭✭ statusz


    badi15 wrote: »
    Room for one more on this thread? :)

    Come on in!! Well done...see you soon.


  • Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭✭ badi15


    Weird thinking you're all actually real people and not just usernames lol. It'll be like when you see your favourite radio DJ, they look nothing like you expect them too lol


Advertisement