Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Businesses opening in Dublin 15

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46 willfer

Thanks for that. Diep mention that their beef, lamb and pork is of irish origin but nothing about chicken as far as I can tell! Again happy to be corrected
    They just tweeted that all of their meat is of Irish origin, they must have seen your post on here!

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭gabsdot40

I popped into the new shop that has opened in Mulhuddart in the big ground floor unit beside the butchers. I was pleasantly surprised. There is a fairly good selection of clothes for men, women and children mostly new but there are a few racks of second hand. There was washing powder and toilet paper, toys, books and other bits and pieces. Reasonably priced.
    Worth a visit for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭VeVeX

athtrasna wrote: »
    Just had a call offering me a free starter from Camile for the rice mix up but insisting their curry was standard and that all their other customers liked it. With all the Thai options we now have I have no reason to continue to give them my money. I know my Thai food and that curry was not right.

Similar experience to the one I had when I complained. I got the impression from the caller that she thought I was making stuff up or being unreasonable and the phone call was purely to appease me rather than addressing the complaint. I didn't like her approach at all hence why I told her to give the proposed credit to charity because I wouldn't be back.

If they had held their hands up and said right we fecked up, sorry about that, here's a complimentary meal to the value of the original meal I would have accepted and gave them another chance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

gabsdot40 wrote: »
    I popped into the new shop that has opened in Mulhuddart in the big ground floor unit beside the butchers. I was pleasantly surprised. There is a fairly good selection of clothes for men, women and children mostly new but there are a few racks of second hand. There was washing powder and toilet paper, toys, books and other bits and pieces. Reasonably priced.
    Worth a visit for sure.
    Didn't know this was there will pop in for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Some of these are stores already opened but article in today's Irish times about new retailers at the SC.

http://www.irishtimes.com/business/commercial-property/new-traders-in-blanchardstown-1.2424139

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Wow, €150,000 rent for that little place where Art and Hobbies is.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭PixelTrawler

Thats 3k a week before any other costs. You'd want to be shifting some amount of stock.

Yeah, it seems like crazy money considering the price range of the products they sell.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

https://www.jobs.ie/ApplyForJob.aspx?Id=1512851

Supermacs opening on Navan Road in Mulhuddart in March and are hiring staff per link. I'm guessing that's at the new Maxol service station under construction on the N3. Makes a change from McDs or BK I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,899 ✭✭✭dodzy

Thats 3k a week before any other costs. You'd want to be shifting some amount of stock.
    Sure yer man that works in Rosso's barbers next door to Empty Pockets told me many moons ago that the owner was paying 100K for that small unit. And that was bloody years ago.

• Advertisement

ongarboy wrote: »

Supermacs opening on Navan Road in Mulhuddart in March and are hiring staff per link. I'm guessing that's at the new Maxol service station under construction on the N3. Makes a change from McDs or BK I suppose.

Best news I've heard in ages. Supermacs yay

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭VeVeX

ongarboy wrote: »

They must be trying to capitalise on incoming traffic from the country.

VeVeX wrote: »
    They must be trying to capitalise on incoming traffic from the country.
    It'll hurt the Esso inbound at the travel lodge for sure.

Maybe not as much as it will cater for the massive amount of people who head either direction on the M50 before they even get there. The Esso nevers seems to be very busy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Maybe not as much as it will cater for the massive amount of people who head either direction on the M50 before they even get there. The Esso nevers seems to be very busy.

The inbound one also seems to be busy (fuel wise) in the mornings when I go by around 7.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭AlanG

Anyone know what is happening with Insomnia across from the greyhound? They seemed to stop working on it a few months ago?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

The inbound one also seems to be busy (fuel wise) in the mornings when I go by around 7.

They also do some of the best freshly made sandwiches and rolls in D15. :)

Insomnia. Mace. Supermacs. All going into Maxol.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭chucknorris

dodzy wrote: »
    Insomnia. Mace. Supermacs. All going into Maxol.

On the Navan road at Damastown?

On the Navan road at Damastown?
    Yup. :)

Alternative food supply will shake up the Spar in Mulhuddart. They've had it far too good for far too long. I've said it before, but the Wellview Stores for hot sambos & rolls simply cannot be beaten. A full breakfast roll and can for €4. Simply superb.

• Advertisement

The Spar in Mulhuddart Village, not the one up Church Road? It's pretty **** alright, I was at the dentist there the other week and went in to buy something while I was there, it was pretty shabby and didn't even have what I wanted so I left

There's also a Maxol going in across from the Texaco at Blanchardstown Corporate Park, similar to the one going in at the N3.

ThisRegard wrote: »
    The Spar in Mulhuddart Village, not the one up Church Road? It's pretty **** alright, I was at the dentist there the other week and went in to buy something while I was there, it was pretty shabby and didn't even have what I wanted so I left

There's also a Maxol going in across from the Texaco at Blanchardstown Corporate Park, similar to the one going in at the N3.

The Spar in Mulhuddart Village was recently renovated so I'm a bit surprised at the shabby comment although I haven't been in there in about a month.

The Spar on Church Road is a shambles though, wouldn't buy anything from the deli there, the staff on the deli are very rude and barely even acknowledge you.

If you're looking for lunch in the D15 area, the new take aways up in Tyrellstown do good lunch deals, noodle boxes in the one where the old Indian was (around €6.50 per box with meat included and a can of mineral) and Chef Garden (old Aurora) are doing a 'buffet' deal, €5.80 for three items including a can of mineral. Monday to Friday 12pm - 3pm for the Chef Garden one, not sure of opening hours for the other but I'm sure it's only until 2pm.

Yup. :)

Alternative food supply will shake up the Spar in Mulhuddart. They've had it far too good for far too long. I've said it before, but the Wellview Stores for hot sambos & rolls simply cannot be beaten. A full breakfast roll and can for €4. Simply superb.

Hillview stores.l best brekky roll in Blanch.

Hillview stores.l best brekky roll in Blanch.
    Sorry, meant Hillview ! Brain fart...... just thinking about them :D

Sorry, meant Hillview ! Brain fart...... just thinking about them :D

We'll be a long time dead.:D

So the new m3 services at Damastown will have a maxol, mace, moreish cafe, Supermacs, chopped (salad place) and an insomnia.

Can't wait.

Sign today said 6 days to opening, Mulhuddart Services was the name they were using.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

January wrote: »
    So the new m3 services at Damastown will have a maxol, mace, moreish cafe, Supermacs, chopped (salad place) and an insomnia.

Can't wait.
    Just round the corner from work!

Not exactly handy for anyone driving outbound though, have to either drive through Mulhuddart village or take the Clonee exit and loop back through the industrial estate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭rolion

Just round the corner from work!

Not exactly handy for anyone driving outbound though, have to either drive through Mulhuddart village or take the Clonee exit and loop back through the industrial estate.

Exactly...

The name "M3 Services" is either stupid or very clever: the location in on the N3 side and not on M3.
    Wondering if someone will open a real M3 service station, will it have to dispute the name with this one !?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

rolion wrote: »
    Exactly...

The name "M3 Services" is either stupid or very clever: the location in on the N3 side and not on M3.
    Wondering if someone will open a real M3 service station, will it have to dispute the name with this one !?

The "M3 Services" will be more than likely be located in an area just east of Dunshaughlin, Co. Meath. Currently at the very early planning stages.

Advertisement