Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW12 Captain

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Aenaes

Sanchez(TOT)
    I've had it on De Bruyne nearly all week now I've changed it to Vardy. The way Leicester set up, it's hard to see them not scoring and if Leicester are scoring goals then Vardy should be among them.

Yes, Watford have been impressive but the only real scalp they've arguably had in finishing with a clean sheet is the victory of West Ham last week. Two clean sheets in their first two weeks versus West Brom(yawn) and Southampton(who had been trounced 3-0 by Everton the week before so perhaps they were focusing on not being caught on the break as often). Other clean sheets against a Swansea team who have been poor this year and Stoke who have three wins from eleven games.

Watford have conceded against Manchester City and Arsenal (well, yeah) but also Newcastle, Crystal Palace and Bournemouth. Can Watford keep a clean sheet for the third match in a row? I don't think so and that's why Vardy is my captain.

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭KizzyMonster

Aw man, I've no idea who to captain! Too many options!
    I'm stuck between: Sanchez, Payet, KDB, Vardy, Mahrez.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,478 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Sanchez(TOT)
    Stuck between De Bruyne & Vardy to captain.

1 goal for De Bruyne is the equivalent of 1 goal and 1 assist for Vardy as bonus points would prob make them equal.

Ugh!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

KDB(avl)
    Bony or KDB for me

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭FrClintPower

KDB(avl)
    I'm going for Bony over KDB, it's his last hurrah for me as I'll probably ship him next week. He mightn't have scored last weekend but he had plenty of chances, and he got a goal and an assist the other evening in the CL.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

Vardy(WAT)
    1 from Sanchez, Mahrez & Vardy

• Registered Users Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭patmac

Vardy(WAT)
    Dubliner28 wrote: »
    1 from Sanchez, Mahrez & Vardy

In fairness it would be difficult to do 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭garra

Panthro wrote: »
    I think I'll go Mahrez.
    It's big balls time!

Picking the highest points scoring player in FPL this season (and arguably the best player of EPL thus far) as your captain does not qualify as having big balls.

Now if you were to pick Kane away to Arsenal, given Arsenal's mid-week drubbing, that would be a ballsy move. Or if you backed Coutinho at home to Palace after his mid-week rest & the renewed form of Pool, that would have a dollop of ballsiness all right.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭lougal88

Bony(avl)
    garra wrote: »
    Picking the highest points scoring player in FPL this season (and arguably the best player of EPL thus far) as your captain does not qualify as having big balls.

Now if you were to pick Kane away to Arsenal, given Arsenal's mid-week drubbing, that would be a ballsy move. Or if you backed Coutinho at home to Palace after his mid-week rest & the renewed form of Pool, that would have a dollop of ballsiness all right.

I'm going for Pelle coz I have balls like oranges but a brain like a grape.

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭Breaston Plants

How about Sterling?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭garra

How about Sterling?

Big swinging balls required

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭Breaston Plants

garra wrote: »
    Big swinging balls required

Will he start?

KDB(avl)
    How about Sterling?

I would certainly not try to dissuade you.
    I'm going with Bony and KDB is 3rd in a lot of polls behind Vardez.
    Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,352 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Sanchez(TOT)
    1 of vardy Mahrez Sanchez kdb Payet Lukaku or pelle

Yep, I haven't a clue

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Yaya(avl)
    I'm inclined to go KDB again or Sanchez. Leicester v Watford will be a close game and scrappy I think

• Registered Users Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭greedygoblin

Costa(sto)
    Dempsey wrote: »
    I'm inclined to go KDB again or Sanchez. Leicester v Watford will be a close game and scrappy I think

My big fear of the Leicester/Watford game is that the tinkerman will bench Mahrez again like he did a few weeks ago. Still have it on Vardy, but starting to doubt my decision now.

My big fear of the Leicester/Watford game is that the tinkerman will bench Mahrez again like he did a few weeks ago. Still have it on Vardy, but starting to doubt my decision now.

He mentioned afterwards that he benched him due to the Algerian games.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

Mane(sun)
    Going with Martial. Probably shouldn't even have him in my team. My season has been a bit of a disaster so don't mind taking a qualified risk.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,083 ✭✭✭✭CSF

KDB(avl)
    Earthhorse wrote: »
    Going with Martial. Probably shouldn't even have him in my team. My season has been a bit of a disaster so don't mind taking a qualified risk.

He'll probably be playing wide rather than in the middle up front.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

Mane(sun)
    CSF wrote: »
    He'll probably be playing wide rather than in the middle up front.
    Hmmm. I might panic change it in the morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Bony(avl)
    Pelle for me

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Vardy(WAT)
    Going with the Algerian Messi.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

Sanchez(TOT)
    Vardy. Consistent for quite some time now. They dispatched West Brom's defence so I expect them to do the same!

• Registered Users Posts: 48,184 ✭✭✭✭km79

I still don't know !

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭lougal88

Bony(avl)
    Now I've changed from Pelle to KdB!
    Still not 100%

But Pelle has only scored 2 of his 13 league goals away from St Marys so I can't risk it.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Sanchez(TOT)
    I've gone with Vardy, Mahrez vice. I wouldn't be at all surprised if both blanked however.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Vardinhio

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭MarkSRFC21

Torn between one of vardez or Sanchez. I have faith that the Leicester attack will deliver, but I think Sanchez could explode. But I think Spurs Arsenal is more likely to finish nil all. Tbh I think I'm leaning towards Sanchez at this moment in time, but that could and probably will change

• Registered Users Posts: 12,421 ✭✭✭✭siblers

**** it, going with Mahrez. Pelle is poor scoring away from home and De Bruyen isn't free scoring either, although I have a feeling Sanchez could do serious damage tomorrow. My captain choices have always been pretty wrong so far so gonna go against my initial choice for a change.

• Advertisement

KDB(avl)
    All this toing and froing (that write?}
    Is our poll ever accurate?

Advertisement