Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

****e reasons for banning vaping in pubs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭neckedit

Gez69 wrote: »
    Haha look at us knobs pretending to smoke...

You clearly don't get it. Most people here are beyond smoking cessation, not that that's a bad thing (ever heard of lung cancer? ). No, people here enjoy vaping as a pleasure in and of itself and actually find it a superior experience to

Clearly I don't......
    But your condescending tone clarifies everything. ...... Thanks.

I shall now dissappear from your pleasurable experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

I would never vape inside a pub unless I knew no one would notice.

Exhaling what looks like smoke indoors is now completely socially unacceptable regardless of what the law states.

My worry is that the bullish attitude of some vapers (look at the thread title), could actually be harmful in that it could foster resentment towards vaping in general.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 102 ✭✭sangsung

My worry is that the bullish attitude of some vapers (look at the thread title), could actually be harmful in that it could foster resentment towards vaping in general.

This is exactly what's happening in the USA. Vapers are getting out of control.

sangsung wrote: »

I was at a gig on Sunday night and someone on a couple of occasions blew up a few clouds. They looked like sub ohm clouds to me and they drifted towards the stage and became really noticeable under the lights.

I heard some people around me complaining around me and a few more on facebook the next day.

Eye rolling and telling people to read up about vaping and it's negligable passive effects is not good enough.

A lot of vapers feel that they're entitled to direct lung a crown tank indoors because they're not breaking the law. Talking loudly and letting off massive farts isn't against the law either but people don't do it. Lack of consideration for others is what will bring about a ban sooner than test results regarding the health effects.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Gez69

sangsung wrote: »

The thread title is what happened though. Vaping was banned because someone actually smoked a cigarette. That is a sh××e reason. There seems to be an attitude that the poor little smokers can't help themselves from lighting up indoors if they see someone vaping. They ought to grow up a little.

Edit. In reply to Lee baby simms.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭Didihno

Talking loudly and letting off massive farts isn't against the law either but people don't do it.
    Er, have you been in a pub since the smoking ban?

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭macker33

Its perfectly simple and i have no idea why it even needs to be discussed.
    If you arent dong anything wrong then there is nothing to apolagise for. There is absolutely no justification whatsoever to object to vaping indoors,
    Absolutely none, i hate whiney bitches giving me passive stress, should they be banned from moaning people in pubs(and forums), i dont appreciate being made to feel like a second class citizen either.

macker33 wrote: »
    If you arent dong anything wrong then there is nothing to apolagise for. There is absolutely no justification whatsoever to object to vaping indoors,
    Absolutely none, i hate whiney bitches giving me passive stress, should they be banned from moaning people in pubs(and forums), i dont appreciate being made to feel like a second class citizen either.

We're seen as somehow getting round the smoking ban, that's all it is. Vaping doesnt even smell.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭JH_raheny

Exactly, owner of a pub I frequent told a guy complaining...I have over 200 different customers passing through every day sometimes more but I only have 1 or 2 complaints about vaping per week, I have more complaints about the smokers standing blocking the door way, if you don't like how I run my business YOU have a choice. .

• Advertisement

haha fair enough, good luck with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

We're seen as somehow getting round the smoking ban, that's all it is. Vaping doesnt even smell.

That second part is simply untrue.

I love vaping and always ask permission before I'll vape in a pub (many are cool with it if you're discreet, one barman even asked for a 'shot' of my ecig!), but there most definitely IS a smell from it. Sometimes it's a nice smell, sometimes its nasty. For example, my non-smoker sister, who is vehemently anti smoking (but approves of vaping) will regularly sniff around me because she loves the smell of the juices I use. When my other sister vapes around her, she hates the smell and complains because the liquid my other sister uses smells vile.

The smell doesn't linger like cigarette smoke, but there IS a smell.

defo is a smell of vaping no doubt, even as a vaper there is some I just can't stand

• Registered Users Posts: 6,391 ✭✭✭jonski

That second part is simply untrue.

I love vaping and always ask permission before I'll vape in a pub (many are cool with it if you're discreet, one barman even asked for a 'shot' of my ecig!), but there most definitely IS a smell from it. Sometimes it's a nice smell, sometimes its nasty. For example, my non-smoker sister, who is vehemently anti smoking (but approves of vaping) will regularly sniff around me because she loves the smell of the juices I use. When my other sister vapes around her, she hates the smell and complains because the liquid my other sister uses smells vile.

The smell doesn't linger like cigarette smoke, but there IS a smell.

I gotta second that, and even when my family come down to the sitting room the following morning they do get a smell of what I had been vaping the night before .

I think the problem is the people sub-ohming in pubs as opposed to just using a mini nautilus or something like that . If you are blowing big clouds in a pub then you would deserve the asshole tag that comes with it .

Personally, I go outside the pubs to vape anyway as years of smoking experience has thought me that that is where the craic is :D

What is in the 2nd hand vapors? Would I object to these?

Well I've been vaping for about 10 months and I can't smell it, even with my improved senses. My wife who has never smoked also says she can't smell it.

If there is a smell i find it hard to believe that it causes too much discomfort to anyone.

Well I've been vaping for about 10 months and I can't smell it, even with my improved senses. My wife who has never smoked also says she can't smell it.

If there is a smell i find it hard to believe that it causes too much discomfort to anyone.

I could understand that you can't but the wife I thought would at least a bit.
    Drop me a PM with address and I'll post you a bottle of the French vanilla I made, it's nice vaping but even I find the smell a bit to strong so only vape it at home

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭toptom

Why should those of us who dont smoke have to have them vaporisers near us, God only knows whats in them and innocent people would have to breath the chemicals from them, The pub was right, right to be thinking of its punters health

toptom wrote: »
    Why should those of us who dont smoke have to have them vaporisers near us, God only knows whats in them and innocent people would have to breath the chemicals from them, The pub was right, right to be thinking of its punters health

So you have no idea whats in them, but it's probably dangerous...... good man Tom , the country needs more people like you .

oh , and books ....we should burn them too .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

Ingredients -

Vegetable glycerin.
    Propylene glycol.
    Nicotine.
    Food grade flavourings.
    Cheaper brands occasionally have small amounts of ethanol.

I must be god :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭8mm

Ingredients -

Vegetable glycerin.
    Propylene glycol.
    Nicotine.
    Food grade flavourings.
    Cheaper brands occasionally have small amounts of ethanol.

I must be god :D

Let's clear that up even further:

> Vegetable glycerin.
    > Propylene glycol.

These are both carbohydrates. Used in many products and lots of food.

> Nicotine.

In most of the foods we eat at various amounts. Tiny amounts in exhaled vapour. As safe as coffee.

> Food grade flavourings.

Lots of lots of food products.

The innocent should stop eating... you know just to be sure. :pac:

Troll alert

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭toptom

JH_raheny wrote: »
    Troll alert

Whats troll about me not wanting the smell of it near me, There were a lad using one at the train station recently it was like was he were engulfed by a cloud, stink off the stuff not as bad as tobacco but seriously you dont know what long term damage they will do.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/health/news/11945417/Man-left-with-hole-in-lung-after-e-cigarette-spits-out-burning-nicotine.html

Whats troll about me not wanting the smell of it near me, There were a lad using one at the train station recently it was like was he were engulfed by a cloud, stink off the stuff not as bad as tobacco but seriously you dont know what long term damage they will do.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/health/news/11945417/Man-left-with-hole-in-lung-after-e-cigarette-spits-out-burning-nicotine.html

http://www.snopes.com/vaping-burned-hole-lung/

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭8mm

You FAIL at troll - I'd say your new to this fancy internet stuff so we should really go easy on you.

Pure bunkum friend.

http://www.snopes.com/vaping-burned-hole-lung/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

All these people who are afraid of toxins yet go to pubs to drink alcohol... You can't tell them can you.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

All these people who are afraid of toxins yet go to pubs to drink alcohol... You can't tell them can you.

I tried to reply but I got drunk off your username, double-dropped your post-count and snorted your disbelief for the come-down.

grindle wrote: »
    I tried to reply but I got drunk off your username, double-dropped your post-count and snorted your disbelief for the come-down.

Careful now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

I'm an ex smoker and couldn't care less about people vaping indoors. Not fond of the smells mind you (some of them), just like I'm not fond of BO, or some perfumes, or even some food smells in our work space. Not a big deal !
    I don't think there should be a ban anywhere, the state is Nanny-ish enough as it is.
    Vape away !

Advertisement