Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

****e reasons for banning vaping in pubs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Arek

I always go outside to vape.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭desbrook

QuinDixie wrote: »
    there is nothing worse than a reformed whore.
    they have given up smokes, so the fun stops for all smokers.

Fun ? What fun ? Being a nonsmoker is way more fun. I feel as satisfied as I used to just after a smoke all the time now. More money and feel better generally. I'm genuinely not trying to take anything from anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭JH_raheny

Maybe try and scroll back a bit and read out loud to yourself your last posts and then open your mind and look a bit further that the tip of your own nose

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Gez69

desbrook wrote: »
    Fun ? What fun ? Being a nonsmoker is way more fun. I feel as satisfied as I used to just after a smoke all the time now. More money and feel better generally. I'm genuinely not trying to take anything from anyone.

Just curious, why are you on a vaping forum?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 102 ✭✭sangsung

seachto7 wrote: »
    As a non smoker who gigs in pubs I can't stand the stink of e cigs. Horrible sweet smelling ones. I had to move away from two who were puffing away. I didn't say anything but think they should not be allowed at a bar but in a designated area.

True. I hate when people say they don't smell. They fecking do.

Even my vape smells, and I vape unflavoured!

• Advertisement

everything has some kinda smell or odour but it seem like some people think it is ok to witch hunt on vaping because of a similarity to smoking

JH_raheny wrote: »
    everything has some kinda smell or odour but it seem like some people think it is ok to witch hunt on vaping because of a similarity to smoking

No. Some vape juices smell like rotten filthy socks, particularly the more expensive or "authentic" tobacco flavours. I vape, and I don't think it should be allowed everywhere.

In my case, my office mate vapes strawberry milkshake, and I'm getting a bit sick of the smell.

Fair enough that YOU don't like the smell but should he also stop eating certain types of food in the office if YOU didn't like the smell of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

Have soapbox, willing to travel :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Shinobollo

We seem to have this argument / discussion every couple of months and there's never a "Winner"
    Personally, I'd like to see a number of ridiculously expensive "high quality" perfumes and aftershaves banned indoors as they get right up my nose - so to speak.

It's really just a case of different strokes for different folks.

Now would ye all just pi$$ off and let me enjoy me pint and me vape in peace. :-p

• Advertisement

Oh my God, I can SMELL something!!!

Ban all noses.

True, these arguments are like running in the special olympics. .. even if you win you're still retarded

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭moleyv

I always go outside. One group of friends, everyone smokes, so I'm outside all the time. The other group, none smoke or vape., so I don't want to be the one person inside vaping.

I don't care if people vape indoors, although I could see if someone was blowing huge clouds it would be a bit rude.

As for smell, I'd be more offended by a west coast cooler or a Guinness fart.

• Site Banned Posts: 21 Peanut Butter

Everyone should just get along! :) if someone doesn't like it you shouldn't do it beside them if someone is beside you and you don't like them doing it ask them to stop! Everyone can get along that way :) no one likes being beside a smell they hate. :)

JH_raheny wrote: »
    Fair enough that YOU don't like the smell but should he also stop eating certain types of food in the office if YOU didn't like the smell of them.

I don't eat Asian takeaways in the office, because the place smells like vinegary **** afterwards.

Same reason I don't vape in the office. One colleague said to me "this place smells of rotten socks". So I stopped vaping my fave flavour.

Maybe you enjoy the smell of your vape, same way you used to enjoy your 20 benson clogging up your house. But it's still rude to blow that **** all over an enclosed space.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

Surely it's just common courtesy not to vape in anyone's direction or vape in anyway that could impede on a non vaper?

Fine it smells, but I think we're also forgetting the effect of the vapour itself. The stuff forms fecking clouds indoors, and if I didn't vape the smell and the visual aspect of the act would irritate me.

We all used to have to step outside to have a smoke, I don't think that habit should generally be ignored. I never vape indoors anywhere, mainly because I'm chucking out clouds on my devices but also because its spreading into other people's space regardless of how ineffective it is to people health wise, its an irritant in a mental sense.

I don't think we should vape indoors just because we can, I think we should vape outdoors because its polite not to impede on peoples space.

As a vaper, I'd welcome an indoor ban but I'm not chasing for one. There's a time and a place for vaping and the office desk most certainly isn't one of them, not a hope I'd allow it in my workplace.

I should probably also add that I generally constantly stink of a bakery due to vaping, so it probably wouldn't matter if I vaped or not indoors, you'd smell me from the other end of the pub anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭neckedit

Reformed smoker, off them for 6 years...... miss them on a daily basis.
    Would never use an E Cigarette. ....
    I look like a big enough knob as it is......

• Registered Users Posts: 18,520 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

I'm a lifelong non smoker and the smoking ban was a dream come true. I would have chest problems and passive smoke would be a serious irritant.
    I've not noticed any reaction to vamping smoke as in general it's very few vap indoors. However the smell of these things is very bad, often sickly sweet stomach churning stuff.

The problem I see is that some people vaping indoors are somehow feeling like they have beaten the system and arragantly puff the smoke into everyone's faces - like spoiled kids.

More and more places are banning it and TBH I'd welcome it.

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭bd2012

Ex 30 a day smoker for over a year thanks to vaping. Don't miss them at all. On a negligible amount of nicotine at this stage having dropped from 12 to 3 mg thanks to the customisable nature of the Vape experience. Different strokes for different folks I guess.

Back on topic I do tend to check with owner/ bar person first and respect their decision. If I can Vape I do it discreetly.

My thread seems to have brought out the self righteous anti vapeing crew; what fun guys they are!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭macker33

neckedit wrote: »

Thats you, i look cool

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

seachto7 wrote: »
    True. I just found it have me a headache . A really sweet smell

A lot of them are just vapour but the super sweet ones actually make me feel nauseous and have a horrible lingering smell.

That's why I would ban them, crazy excuse from the OP mind

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

Reformed smoker, off them for 6 years...... miss them on a daily basis.
    Would never use an E Cigarette. ....

Tremendous input to the Vaping forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭gilmour

Patww79 wrote: »

you really care that much about how drunk people in a smoking area think about you? are you really that important?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭neckedit

Trond wrote: »
    Tremendous input to the Vaping forum.

Thank you for your tremendous retort.....
    I was mocking my self....... Lighten up a little...... you're talking about smoking fake cigarettes. ...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭kingtiger

I think its about not blowing huge clouds in the pub, if you want to do that go outside

keep it discrete when satisfied after Vaping hard outside

but of course as with all things you will get a few knobs too feck it up for everyone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭...And Justice

I was mocking my self....... Lighten up a little...... you're talking about smoking fake cigarettes. ...

Then stop posting here. You don't like the "fake cigarette forum" grand go somewhere else:)

• Advertisement

Haha look at us knobs pretending to smoke...

You clearly don't get it. Most people here are beyond smoking cessation, not that that's a bad thing (ever heard of lung cancer? ). No, people here enjoy vaping as a pleasure in and of itself and actually find it a superior experience to smoking.

Advertisement