Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

****e reasons for banning vaping in pubs

Options
  • 26-10-2015 10:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭

So, went to my local today with an extra spring in my step because I just got my new iStick and Nautilus Mini (it's beautiful!). No sooner did I put the thing to my lips, however, was I urgently informed that they no longer allow vaping because they'd had a group of people in on Saturday night (arsehole night) who were all vaping except one among them who was actually smoking. Ban the arsehole smoking then, I hear you reasonably exclaim? Nope, just ban vaping altogether. Thank you and good night, I won't be going there again:mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭GrayFox208

Gez69 wrote: »
    So, went to my local today with an extra spring in my step because I just got my new iStick and Nautilus Mini (it's beautiful!). No sooner did I put the thing to my lips, however, was I urgently informed that they no longer allow vaping because they'd had a group of people in on Saturday night (arsehole night) who were all vaping except one among them who was actually smoking. Ban the arsehole smoking then, I hear you reasonably think? Nope, just ban vaping altogether. Thank you and good night, I won't be going there again:mad:

That's madness.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,229 ✭✭✭LeinsterDub

So, went to my local today with an extra spring in my step because I just got my new iStick and Nautilus Mini (it's beautiful!). No sooner did I put the thing to my lips, however, was I urgently informed that they no longer allow vaping because they'd had a group of people in on Saturday night (arsehole night) who were all vaping except one among them who was actually smoking. Ban the arsehole smoking then, I hear you reasonably think? Nope, just ban vaping altogether. Thank you and good night, I won't be going there again:mad:

I don't get it. He was smoking in the pub? Or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Gez69

I don't get it. He was smoking in the pub? Or what?

Yeah he was with the group who were all vaping and he was craftily smoking thinking he wouldn't be noticed or something.

These are the kind of pricks who say things like "j wouldn't use them yokes sure who knows what's in them like!!!!!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

As a non smoker who gigs in pubs I can't stand the stink of e cigs. Horrible sweet smelling ones. I had to move away from two who were puffing away. I didn't say anything but think they should not be allowed at a bar but in a designated area.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 607 ✭✭✭sonny.knowles

Yeah he was with the group who were all vaping and he was craftily smoking thinking he wouldn't be noticed or something.

Sneaky f***ers.

seachto7 wrote: »
    As a non smoker who gigs in pubs I can't stand the stink of e cigs. Horrible sweet smelling ones. I had to move away from two who were puffing away. I didn't say anything but think they should not be allowed at a bar but in a designated area.

Better sweet than burned tobacco and paper. Some people in fairness are a little less self aware of where they are exhaling but you'll get the pricks. But it's not on to ban it because one sneaky cnut was trying to hide the fact he was smoking which is illegal.

GrayFox208 wrote:
    Better sweet than burned tobacco and paper.

True. I just found it have me a headache . A really sweet smell

I wouldn't mind so much if they'd banned because people complained of the smell. People have always vaped here with no complaints though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭the untitled user

True. I just found it have me a headache . A really sweet smell

Sounds like 90% of women's perfumes.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭...And Justice

As someone that vapes, I think vaping should be banned in pubs. I have been used to going outside with the crowd for years and it doesn't bother me. Some of the liquids are quite smelly, liqua French pipe or Turkish is revolting to smell but beautiful to smoke.

All it takes are a few arseholes to ruin it for everyone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

As someone that vapes, I think vaping should be banned in pubs. I have been used to going outside with the crowd for years and it doesn't bother me. Some of the liquids are quite smelly, liqua French pipe or Turkish is revolting to smell but beautiful to smoke.

All it takes are a few arseholes to ruin it for everyone

It's a fair reason too. The owner could get in big trouble if people are acting the dick

It's a real downer for me because I hate the whole thing of having to go outside to smoke or vape. When I was a smoker I would stay outside in all weathers so that I could just drink and smoke because I hate to just drink. So the vaping has been such a god send, to drink and vape in the comfort of a warm pub, but now I'm being forced out in the cold again. I know, everybody say ahhh. Staying at home now until the summer : (

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭macker33

Too bad and tough luck,
    maybe i dont like womens perfume, think its ok that i should look for perfume to be banned? Maybe people with deodorant should be sent to a designated area.
    Spoilt, trying to make rules for other people.

macker33 wrote: »
    Too bad and tough luck,
    maybe i dont like womens perfume, think its ok that i should look for perfume to be banned? Maybe people with deodorant should be sent to a designated area.
    Spoilt, trying to make rules for other people.

In fairness if someone doesn't like the smell of cigarettes you wouldn't say too bad and tough luck. Not everyone likes the smell and in a public place where not smoking/vaping is more socially exclusive than the latter really you should go outside. If someone asks me not to use it indoors I will oblige just out of general niceness.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭JH_raheny

If they don't like me vaping in their pub then I don't like spending my money there and I go somewhere else, seem to always the worst anti-smokers that are also against vaping and I don't listen to the I get a head ache and it smells comments, I mean what's next, perfume, smelly feet, please don't fart, don't go for an after work beer but **** off home and have a shower before you're welcome here with your money

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

It'll always be possible to stealth vape with the right device and theres also always the door jacks ! I tend to vape outside so it doesnt bother me too much. Ive an ego one mini for the stealth side of things

Joyetech-eGo-One-vs.-iStick-50W.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭Didihno

I think a vaping ban is coming, unfortunate for us but its unavoidable.
    Even if the real science is proving second hand vape is perfectly fine, they'll ban due to 'nuisance' to the customers. And for those of who are still allowed to vape in our chosen establishments, please be respectful of others. Don't blow your vape into peoples faces.
    For me, I'll vape where I can until I can't. And then I'll stop spending my money in pubs.
    I like to drink nice beer, I like to vape. Its pretty much getting to the point that nice beer is disgracefully expensive anyway. For the odd time I go 'out out', I'll vape with the smokers.

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Shinobollo

GrayFox208 wrote: »
    In fairness if someone doesn't like the smell of cigarettes you wouldn't say too bad and tough luck. Not everyone likes the smell and in a public place where not smoking/vaping is more socially exclusive than the latter really you should go outside. If someone asks me not to use it indoors I will oblige just out of general niceness.

Hi
    Are you the same Grayfox208 / Snake /calmdownbrah - that stiffed a number of contributors to this forum last year ?

If not apologies, but the user name is unusual enough to stick in the mind.

• Advertisement

Shinobollo wrote: »
    Hi
    Are you the same Grayfox208 / Snake /calmdownbrah - that stiffed a number of contributors to this forum last year ?

If not apologies, but the user name is unusual enough to stick in the mind.

Hi! No. Never had an account on boards before. I use GrayFox208 for everything! Adverts, email, etc. I don't find it unusual. Don't know what happened but it's not me that done it anyway man.

macker33 wrote:

If they're spraying it around the pub, yeah they should. Not a fan of people puffing their vaping dirty air in my face

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭Nichard Dixon

GrayFox208 wrote: »
    Better sweet than burned tobacco and paper. Some people in fairness are a little less self aware of where they are exhaling but you'll get the pricks. But it's not on to ban it because one sneaky cnut was trying to hide the fact he was smoking which is illegal.

No need for either sweet or burned tobacco and paper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 843 ✭✭✭QuinDixie

i am an ex smoker, never used e cigs. i have no issue with e cigs in pubs, cafes etc. I dont see why people have issues with vaping, if it helps people quit smoking, which is what society wants.
    But the government is dreaming of ways to regulate and tax, so all vapers should hit the pub and enjoy this period of liberation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭Haznat

It all comes down to people being arseholes. Same mentality as people that don't own a car thinking no one should own a car or people who make shag all money thinking everyone else shouldn't make money either. Pure bitterness toward their fellow man.

If they're spraying it around the pub, yeah they should. Not a fan of people puffing their vaping dirty air in my face

You are aware that due to the pg/vg the exhaled air from a vaper is actually cleaner than what you exhale from just breathing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭desbrook

While vaping is better for your health than smoking it's still nicotine addiction - a pointless and costly addiction. Finally after years of battling nicotine addiction via smoking and seeing results are we to reinvent it via vaping ?? No thanks . As an exsmoker I want the same controls on it. No advertising, no vaping in pubs and no glamourisation.

desbrook wrote: »
    While vaping is better for your health than smoking it's still nicotine addiction - a pointless and costly addiction. Finally after years of battling nicotine addiction via smoking and seeing results are we to reinvent it via vaping ?? No thanks . As an exsmoker I want the same controls on it. No advertising, no vaping in pubs and no glamourisation.

it's not costly at all as long as it doesn't get hit with mega taxes, I made a litre of liquid a few weeks back costing me 15 quid, that would last even the heaviest of vapers months,and for the addiction of nicotine itself it is no more addictive or harmfull than coffee, reason the ciggies are so hard to quit is all the other chemicals they mix in with the nicotine/tobacco in them to make them extra addictive.
    Wether it is a pointless addiction or not can be discussed but it is just your opinion

• Closed Accounts Posts: 843 ✭✭✭QuinDixie

there is nothing worse than a reformed whore.
    they have given up smokes, so the fun stops for all smokers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭the untitled user

While vaping is better for your health than smoking it's still nicotine addiction - a pointless and costly addiction.

Actually you're wrong here. Nicotine in it's pure form is still a mild carcinogen but then so is everything you fry or cook in an oven. But increasingly we're beginning to see that it has a number of proven positive cognitive and mental health effects, I believe it's actually being explored in the treatment of Alzheimer's.

Advertisement