Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Halo 5 - Guardians

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭wexdevil

Was trying to get my csr in team slayer and I got my first disconnection mid game(we were winning too >:( ) The few games I played after that were totally fine so I hit the 10 matches and it put me in Platinum 1(better than I was expecting but nothing amazing either) :s

Been getting nothing but crap from the Req packs.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,074 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

wexdevil wrote: »
    Was trying to get my csr in team slayer and I got my first disconnection mid game(we were winning too >:( ) The few games I played after that were totally fine so I hit the 10 matches and it put me in Platinum 1(better than I was expecting but nothing amazing either) :s

Been getting nothing but crap from the Req packs.

I ended up in platinum for Slayer and Arena then Gold for Breakout, which I was surprised by. Will be tough to get up to Diamond or Onyx now though I reckon.

Save your REQ points for gold packs.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

I think it's being quite genourous with the rankings, it wouldn't surprise me to see most people with the higher end rankings in no time. I was put into gold 1 after being slaughtered for the most part!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

So............are there any beginners in here? I ask as recently picked up an Xbox one and have the MCC and will be picking up H5 in acouple of weeks. I want to have a run around some of the original maps from 1&2, blood gulch/coagulation, side winder, death island etc to get back into the swing of it.

Is anyone here in the same boat and fancies some practice runs before kicking some ass later?

Oh and I am not on live yet, getting it sorted this weekend.

cheers

frAg

• Registered Users Posts: 27,317 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Finished the campaign and loved it, was everything that Halo 4 wasn't. Shame they're not doing single player DLC as there's a hell of a lot they could base it on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭wexdevil

Mickeroo wrote: »

Save your REQ points for gold packs.

They're the only packs I've been spending my points on, never anything good.

Well atleast not the armour I want :p

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Stormhawk88

If anybodys on and fancies some games GT: Nerobear

Added you there

Had my first game of swat, had to camp a little bit so that I didn't get my head blown off every 2 seconds, 9-10 in end

IvoryTower wrote: »
    Added you there

Had my first game of swat, had to camp a little bit so that I didn't get my head blown off every 2 seconds, 9-10 in end

Playing swat too at the moment finding it very slow on some games and not so slow on others.
    Checked my activity alerts and no sign of your request but il send ya an invite when I see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Zeouterlimits

Still having issues, can't connect to the lobby service. What a waste of an evening :-/

• Advertisement

I haven't had any issues yet

And just as I say that I try to join nero bears game and it says there's problem with server, doh!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,195 ✭✭✭maximoose

Still having issues, can't connect to the lobby service. What a waste of an evening :-/

Have you been able to get on at all since launch?

I haven't, and no joy again tonight. Have reinstalled, pissed about with port forwarding and static IPs - losing the will to live now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

maximoose wrote: »

I haven't, and no joy again tonight. Have reinstalled, pissed about with port forwarding and static IPs - losing the will to live now.

Can you even set up a custom game? It seems strange that you can't get on at all

Nope, can't even do that. Wired connection, NAT open/all services available. No idea what's wrong.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,074 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

That's really weird man, not heard of anyone having issues like that on reddit or anywhere. There was server issues the other night but has been flawless otherwise for me.

They've hardly done something to stop folks game sharing playing online??

Gg nerobear

Got the hang of swat now, team arena is rough though I don't think I've won a game

• Registered Users Posts: 5,414 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Loving Team Arena. Great mix of modes and the matches are very challenging.

4 v 4 is so intense and focused when compared to Warzone.

Played 2 games of war zone before bed and we had a great laugh, it makes a nice break from the intensity of arena. I hope they add new levels to slayer asap, is there only 3? Is there not usually about 8 levels to start with?

IvoryTower wrote: »
    Played 2 games of war zone before bed and we had a great laugh, it makes a nice break from the intensity of arena. I hope they add new levels to slayer asap, is there only 3? Is there not usually about 8 levels to start with?

Warzone is a bit of craic once you get the hang of it. Not so fun if the other team starts poundung you though. Yeah there should be more maps and I think BTB, Snipers and King if the Hill are coming soon. Also once forge drops therr should be maps with that.
    GG last night aswel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Zeouterlimits

maximoose wrote: »

Still unable to connect? Getting the lobby service error?

I am. Really pissed off.

What ISP are you with? UPC?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Warden F**king Eternal.....
    Stuck on mission 12 solo on Legendary. Check pointed and have no ammo after clearing the area.

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    Stuck on mission 12 solo on Legendary. Check pointed and have no ammo after clearing the area.

nearly sure i saw on reddit there's a way to skip him.....

That's two missions away and will deffo skip it (if I get that far)...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Thanks for the games. Twas great craic.

A few highlights from last nights 4 v 4 arena matches.

Only seeing this now mate, was great craic alright. Feel free to jump in anytime, much better fun playing in a decent fireteam, although there were some maps where we got our asses kicked :)

Good video failsafe you look handy enough, a few ground pounds in there!

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Browning2010

I'd be up for playing games of team slayer, arena etc with you lads.

GT:GoodManLads

Still unable to connect? Getting the lobby service error?

I am. Really pissed off.

What ISP are you with? UPC?

Yep, still unable to connect to any lobby.

UPC - technicolor router, and I've a feeling that is the problem. Gonna try and bridge it with one of my own tonight and see if that makes any difference.

Mr Freeze wrote: »

Cheesed him.

Found a ledge with some Carbines and just sat there sniping him till he died (again).

The amount of times on this Solo Legendary run, that I have thought 'ah i'm stuck, never gonna do this' and then get past it is a lot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,414 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

I started the campaign last night. Very enjoyable so far however I am not liking all the CGI events in it. It kills the immersion. A good few of them they could have given players some element of control to experience it such as the Spartans sky diving into a zone.

Advertisement